Crucifixa

Go to CruxDreams.com
They look like bridesmaids at a Tree family wedding... I'll see if I can get you invited to one. I must warn you there are no international flights to NW Arkansas unless you are a Wal-Mart heir...

t

(Wonder if the young women in the pic have kinky thoughts...they seem to smile!)

View attachment 123399

They are smiling because when the straws were drawn they all drew long ones. The girl in the back who seems to be smiling a lot less got the short one. She gets to the ride the cross later.

That would certainly be much more fun. The many bridesmaids in their immaculate hairstyles, straining their lithe bodies on clean crosses. All the while the one of them that drew the short straw scurries to and fro in her white dress with water and sponges to keep them going, as both "executioner" and servant.

Wow! As the new kid on the Cross, it's thrilling just to see my name with the fateful word "condemned"! It's like all my fantasies are becoming real!

They go back to when I was twelve, when our teacher gave us a pretty strong, blow-by-blow account of the Crucifixion of Jesus. I clung on in fascination to every detail. Soon I was playing out little private stories with my body in the gym or the swimming pool. As I grew, I learnt more and more about Crucifixion - especially that the Romans crucified women and girls, and how they tortured us.

I love playing with words, painting word-pictures, so I've put what I've learnt into a poem, Crucifixa, that tries to imagine and express, as accurately as I can (historically, bodily and psychologically) the experience of a girl being crucified on the Ostian Way, outside the gate of Rome. I hope my Masters will like it - please correct me if there's anything that doesn't ring true.

Yours submissively

Eulalia
Very realistic. I feel your suffer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, Eulalia, I got, um, distracted elsewhere...

I think it's important that, in the midst of the poetry fest that is Cruxforums at the moment, Crucifixa has its rightful place as the first and the best.

And that is not flannel, that is my considered opinion.

W

Back
Top Bottom