Crucifixion: Antiquity, Medieval, Or Modern?

Which crucifixion scenario evokes more emotion?

• Crucifixion of Roman antiquity: Innocent woman is crucified for a crime she did not commit.

• Medieval crucifixion: Innocent Christian woman is crucified by Saracens for not converting.

• Modern crucifixion: Innocent woman is abducted during her travels, sold, and crucified for money.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Go to CruxDreams.com
Besides, the poll missed "Future crux" carried out entirely by robots,,,
Well yes, I got one.:devil:
"Future crucifixion : Robot law enforcerers crucify an innocent woman, because of a bug in their program, that orders them to crucify a fixed minimum number of people daily (the system autogenerates a crucifiable crime for the victim). "

Not-so-innocent-story behind it : she had put up Christmas decoration at home before December 7th, a crucifiable crime in future societies.:devil:

"Future crucifixion : Robot law enforcerers crucify an innocent woman, because of a bug in their program, that orders them to crucify a fixed minimum number of people daily (the system autogenerates a crucifiable crime for the victim). "

Not-so-innocent-story behind it : she had put up Christmas decoration at home before December 7th, a crucifiable crime in future societies.:devil:

Interesting idea ... I'll think about and perhaps it could be a future episode of my Paskell's Saga ... I was searching for an idea ...:rolleyes:

Joking aside, future crux does sound interesting. Might make for good art as well since most of it takes place when crux really were used. Kinda abstract. all this high tech blade runner shit everywhere and there is this girl being crucified on a wooden cross for all to see.

Joking aside, future crux does sound interesting. Might make for good art as well since most of it takes place when crux really were used. Kinda abstract. all this high tech blade runner shit everywhere and there is this girl being crucified on a wooden cross for all to see.
Nice! Keeping it old school!

But they look so cheerful, how is that a crime? :confused:
Well, Thessela, that is very simple. Some people hate it when Christmas decoration is put up 'too soon' (to give an exemple, although it does not annoy, but rather surprises me, I have seen this year the first Christmas decoration on October 19th, even before All Saints). These people are annoyed of it, because they think it 'spoils' it all. Future governments will be more and more patronising. They want to avoid anything that could bring annoyance to anyone. So they make a myriad of rules and laws, forbidding this, forbidding that. And to enforce the rules, they punish offenders. And to minimise the number of offenders (because they still cause annoyance and defie the authority of the authorities), they inflict harsh punishments. Like crucifixion. And they send out robots to chase offenders and nail them to a cross without pity.

Oh, and the robots are programmed for not understanding phrases like 'I am innocent'!.:D

Well, Thessela, that is very simple. Some people hate it when Christmas decoration is put up 'too soon' (to give an exemple, although it does not annoy, but rather surprises me, I have seen this year the first Christmas decoration on October 19th, even before All Saints). These people are annoyed of it, because they think it 'spoils' it all. Future governments will be more and more patronising. They want to avoid anything that could bring annoyance to anyone. So they make a myriad of rules and laws, forbidding this, forbidding that. And to enforce the rules, they punish offenders. And to minimise the number of offenders (because they still cause annoyance and defie the authority of the authorities), they inflict harsh punishments. Like crucifixion. And they send out robots to chase offenders and nail them to a cross without pity.

Oh, and the robots are programmed for not understanding phrases like 'I am innocent'!.:D

19th October? :mad:

Crucifixion is too good for them :mad:

But they look so cheerful, how is that a crime? :confused:
I agree. Very cheerful, and festive.:)
Xmas2016-1a.jpg
I can't see how people could object.:cool:

You're innocent, of course, Thess, as always.:rolleyes::confused::devil:

19th October? :mad:
Crucifixion is too good for them :mad:

Well, okay. 19th of October is before Halloween.:doh: Definitely crucifixion before Advent.:mad:
But Advent starts 4 Sundays before Christmas, and that's all fair game. I'm not convinced by these December 7 robots.:rolleyes::eek:

Well, okay. 19th of October is before Halloween.:doh: Definitely crucifixion before Advent.:mad:
But Advent starts 4 Sundays before Christmas, and that's all fair game. I'm not convinced by these December 7 robots.
Tradition : no Christmas decoration before Saint Nicholas Day (6th December). :rolleyes:In reality, it really starts December 1st.

It is also debatable whether crux themes in Christmas decoration would become a crucifiable offense too! It will need some additional programming of the robots.:)

I agree. Very cheerful, and festive.:)
View attachment 440786
I can't see how people could object.:cool:

You're innocent, of course, Thess, as always.:rolleyes::confused::devil:

But Advent starts 4 Sundays before Christmas, and that's all fair game. I'm not convinced by these December 7 robots.:rolleyes::eek:

Very nice Xmas tree bauble, but remind me, was Jesus not crucified at Easter.
Perhaps we should have Easter bunnies nailed to crosses, some of the ladies on this site would make great Easter bunnies, no need for expensive costumes either, nudity is cheaper.

Innocence is so relative. The poll questions get to my opinion more spicy, when there is a story behind it.

"Crucifixion of Roman antiquity: Innocent woman is crucified for a crime she did not commit."
After she got away with a heavier crime.

"Medieval crucifixion: Innocent Christian woman is crucified by Saracens for not converting."
She used to inform pirates about outbound merchant ships, for money. When the local authorities started to suspect her, she fled... by ship. Bad luck her ship had been betrayed by someone else.

"Modern crucifixion: Innocent woman is abducted during her travels, sold, and crucified for money."
Travels she could finance by her former illegal, nature devastating businesses for which she had never paid a penny of taxes on her profits...
We are all sinners. Each is so believable.

Back
Top Bottom