1. Sign up or login, and you'll have full access to opportunities of forum.

Crucifixion Comic

Discussion in 'Links to pay sites and other resources' started by mariuszebo, Aug 10, 2017.

1. mariuszebo

mariuszebo Assistant executioner

Hi! Some like big butts, I like big spikes :) It's just a fetish within a fetish of mine. It's a personal preference, but when I look at most crux-art, I cannot help but think: "How are those tiny spikes going to carry the weight of an entire person?" I know I'm exaggerating on the other side of the spectrum, call it crux-expressionism ;)
    Cheers,
    MZ

Eulalia, old slave, madiosi and 3 others like this.
  2. Jollyrei

Jollyrei Angelus Mortis

Fair enough. Thanks for clearing that up. If it's intentional and part of your vision, we can stop wondering about it.

mariuszebo, madiosi and Barbaria1 like this.
  3. madiosi

madiosi Depictor of Dreams Staff Member

And it is a unique trade mark.

mariuszebo and morten sigurdson like this.
  4. Eulalia

Eulalia Poet Laureate Staff Member

I like those mega nails. We were discussing crux nails on another thread last week, and agreed they'd need to be pretty substantial, with good broad heads. And I mentioned handling some Roman builders' nails from an archaeological site, which were big and much heavier than modern alloy ones, they looked much like yours Marius, and were almost as big - I imagined if they were driven through my wrists and feet, I'd certainly be on that cross till I rotted.

rb1956, old slave and mariuszebo like this.
  5. mariuszebo

Thanks a lot for your reply! Glad you like my "meta-fetish"! I saw these mega nails for the first time in a BBC documentary on the building of Roman encampments in England. I was sold straight away :) As the host was talking away how they would certainly provide for a solidly assembled palisade, I was thinking of solidly nailed "crucisalae"... Though I dare believe that if spikes this massive were actually used for crucifixion, the "show" would be over pretty quickly... As it would completely destroy the joints, the condemned wouldn't be able to pull or push up for air I'm afraid... Good thing it's fiction I'm doing, so I can ignore the parts of physics and biology I don't like ;)
    Cheers,
    Marius

rb1956, old slave and Eulalia like this.
  6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

My memory is useless. I'm sure you did an excellent set of pics years ago for which GoldenRuler provided the words and a computer voice for an M&J production of The Garden Party. We had a lot of fun making that but sadly it didn't win any Oscars. Not even a measly Palm D'Or.

rb1956, mariuszebo, Eulalia and 3 others like this.
  7. mariuszebo

Wow! Thanks for bringing that up! The 3D rendered stuff in there is indeed mine. But you transformed it beautifully!!! :)
    Shame you missed an award with this one, that effort certainly deserves one!

rb1956 and madiosi like this.