Crucifixion Comic

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hi,
As promised, still some postings for today! Enjoy two HD renders that feature the main character of the first comic!
(I did try a different lighting technique that I quite like for future projects, I hope you like it too! :) )
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• Caudalia001.jpg
    Caudalia001.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 818
  • Caudalia002.jpg
    Caudalia002.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 868
Ah. So that's what she looks like.
Hi,
As promised, still some postings for today! Enjoy two HD renders that feature the main character of the first comic!
(I did try a different lighting technique that I quite like for future projects, I hope you like it too! :) )
Cheers,
MZ

Ah. That's what she looks like.

Mariuszebo, this lady was born to ride a cross, but until now your renders were too dark to get a good look at her. But now she has seen the light, and we can see her, and I for one like what I see.

Do carry on.

Hi,
Cheers,
MZ

Dark skin is hard to light! I had to work on the lighting for The Serpent's Eye renderings a lot to get something that would work well with my two Nubian executioner's helpers. I see you have a lot of specularity for her skin texture; are you using a specular light also? Makes her look sweaty, which is fine if that's the way she is in every scene. Not so great if you have scenes pre-crucifixion or otherwise where she would not look like that. Using a specular light makes it easier to control that.

Have you tried SnarlyGribbly's EZSkin 3? Works great, automatically sets up sub-surface scattering and greatly improves the look of skin of any color. Just don't use it on finger/toenails.

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback! I'm gonna keep this way of lighting I think... but I'm not going to rework the entire comic now...
Thanks for the tips! I can't use EZSkin I think, because I'm using Daz Studio and Iray, not Poser... the skin is indeed modified with a shader to make it look sweaty :) Here are some more renders of some other panels with paler skin :)
Hope you like them (sweaty) :)!
Let me know!
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• FreeStuff01F.JPG
    FreeStuff01F.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 875
  • Faq01.JPG
    Faq01.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 943
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback! I'm gonna keep this way of lighting I think... but I'm not going to rework the entire comic now...
Thanks for the tips! I can't use EZSkin I think, because I'm using Daz Studio and Iray, not Poser... the skin is indeed modified with a shader to make it look sweaty :) Here are some more renders of some other panels with paler skin :)
Hope you like them (sweaty) :)!
Let me know!
Cheers,
MZ

These look good. The trick is to make them look sweaty but not like plastic. I have some that I'm redoing now because of that - thought they were ok when I was rendering them, but looking at them with a fresh eye, they don't work for me. Are you using a specularity map or just a specular value that applies to her whole body? Some parts of the body are not smooth and scatter light so it's diffuse rather than specular.

These look good. The trick is to make them look sweaty but not like plastic. I have some that I'm redoing now because of that - thought they were ok when I was rendering them, but looking at them with a fresh eye, they don't work for me. Are you using a specularity map or just a specular value that applies to her whole body? Some parts of the body are not smooth and scatter light so it's diffuse rather than specular.
I'm using the baked in settings in the Iray skin shader that control the glossiness. I put that to about 50%, but at the same time I cranck up the Bump value to at least 250%, depending on the bump map that comes with the texture...

Other newsflash: my website is now live. If allowed, I would like to post the URL here so you guys can check it out. Be warned though, the comic itself isn't there yet. But there is a gallery and other stuff.
Can I post the Url here or does that need to go in a specific sub-forum?
Cheers,
MZ

I cranck up the Bump value to at least 250%, depending on the bump map that comes with the texture...

Those numbers are different from Poser. If you were to increase the bump value in Poser a lot like that, you'd get skin that looked like she had warts all over. Sounds like DAZ goes the other way, like increasing the bump value makes it smoother instead.

Those numbers are different from Poser. If you were to increase the bump value in Poser a lot like that, you'd get skin that looked like she had warts all over. Sounds like DAZ goes the other way, like increasing the bump value makes it smoother instead.
I don't think DAZ goes he other way, but what does happen, is that by adding glossiness, the bump-effect is lost. This creates a billiard-ball type plastic effect... By bumping the bump (pun intended) it starts to look like skin again :)

Please, go right ahead. You could also post a second thread in the "Commercial Stuff" forum as well.
Thank you for the confirmation!
You're all very welcome at:

www.crux-comics.eu

Please be aware that the comic itself is not yet available. The gallery and other stuff are, but the comic is still to follow, later this month. If you do find any things out of place or not working, please let me know so I can fix it. Or just general comments on the site itself are welcome too off course :) I aim to improve :)
There is a disclaimer page (it's a legal requirement for me) so you won't get to the homepage straight away, sorry.
Happy browsing!
Cheers,
MZ

Howdy! It's me again :)
Just posting a couple of pics from the site to lure you people over :) No pics of the comic today, as I'm trying to build suspense prior to its release... :)
Let me know what you think of the entire project so far. Feedback is what makes things better!
Thanks a lot!
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• HomePage01F.JPG
    HomePage01F.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 915
  • DisclaimerF.JPG
    DisclaimerF.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 900
I (or other moderator) could add a poll for you on this thread,
or you could start a new thread with one.
If you'd like us to open one for you on this thread,
we'd need to know what to fill in to the sections below 'Post a Poll' on this page:

upload_2017-9-6_22-29-46.png

Thank you for the confirmation!
You're all very welcome at:

www.crux-comics.eu

Please be aware that the comic itself is not yet available. The gallery and other stuff are, but the comic is still to follow, later this month. If you do find any things out of place or not working, please let me know so I can fix it. Or just general comments on the site itself are welcome too off course :) I aim to improve :)
There is a disclaimer page (it's a legal requirement for me) so you won't get to the homepage straight away, sorry.
Happy browsing!
Cheers,
MZ
I see only that:
Image2.jpg

I don't hit that problem, looks like it's being blocked in Germany?

Strictly speaking, when the comic is available for sale, it should be advertised on our 'Links to Paysites' thread, not here.

Hi! Quick question: I was browsing the forums, and some of the posts have a poll. Can I insert a poll here or does that mean a new thread?
Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
MZ
Personally I don't like polls (especially ones with multiple choice answers as I have to write down the replies and go back to the questions). Just ask what you want to know and you might get ideas you hadn't thought of!!!!

Back
Top Bottom