Crucifixion Comic

Go to CruxDreams.com

mariuszebo

Magistrate
Hi all,
Six months ago I started working on a project that has been brewing inside my mind for many years: the creation of a comics series that focuses on female crucifixion. I've seen a lot of art and images dealing with this theme, but "dedicated" comics that tell a story about it, appear to be very rare... So I decided to create my own. :) Today, I'm very pleased to announce that the first comic in that series has been published.
You can get it over at:
www.crux-comics.eu
Just go to the shop, and you can't miss it. As it stands, it's the only comic there, but over time, I hope I will create more!
If you have any questions about the comic or the site, just contact me either through the site or through this thread.
Thanks for all the support and feedback!
Enjoy the comic!
Cheers,
MZ

(Moderator's note - the remaining posts on this thread date from before the comic was ready, but Marius has posted lots of specimen images to show what an exciting work it is)

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 3,127
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 3,161
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 3,144
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 3,229
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I'm nearing the completion of my first comic! If all goes well, the website hosting it, will soon follow suit. let's keep our fingers crossed... Speaking about cross, here are some pictures of a couple of parts that are already finished. I've scaled them down for uploading to 25% of their original size.
Let me know what you think, enjoy!
Cheers,
MZ
25% but a handly image-resolution.

Hi all,
I'm nearing the completion of my first comic! If all goes well, the website hosting it, will soon follow suit. let's keep our fingers crossed... Speaking about cross, here are some pictures of a couple of parts that are already finished. I've scaled them down for uploading to 25% of their original size.
Cheers,
MZ
Very nice comic, thank you for posting. looking forward for the rest of it!

Hi all,
Cheers,
MZ
Oh gorgeous! As well as a dialogue that certainly chimes with Eulalia (who rhymes with Claudalia :))
you've got a delightful way with light and shade in your images that brings out the important details
very dramatically.

Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to keep all of it in mind. In the meantime, some more pictures of parts that are already finished. Enjoy!
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 2,829
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,718
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,528
A comic is ambitious project to take on to start with! You're joining the ranks of a very select few, even I haven't done more than a page of continuous comic work. And starting off with a black victim? A brilliant choice.:D I would suggest that you give the illustrations a little room to breathe, having a few less of them per page, and being more sparse with the dialogue, so it doesn't crowd out the image. It's a hard balance to strike, and it takes some getting used to, but you'll develop the eye for it, I'm sure.

I'm loving all of the illustrations we have been getting recently!

Hi again!
After working on the website most of the time for the past two days, I can also post a couple more snippets of finished parts.
Enjoy!
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• 07P.jpg
    07P.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 2,177
  • 12P.jpg
    12P.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 2,028
  • 14P.jpg
    14P.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 2,084
A comic is ambitious project to take on to start with! You're joining the ranks of a very select few, even I haven't done more than a page of continuous comic work. And starting off with a black victim? A brilliant choice.:D I would suggest that you give the illustrations a little room to breathe, having a few less of them per page, and being more sparse with the dialogue, so it doesn't crowd out the image. It's a hard balance to strike, and it takes some getting used to, but you'll develop the eye for it, I'm sure.

I'm loving all of the illustrations we have been getting recently!
Thanks for the encouragement! You'll be happy to know then, that according to my planning (and so far, I'm able to stick to that) the comic is going to be 52 pages worth of crucifixion story :) Combined with covers and intro pages I'm looking at 56 pages. I'm hoping it's goin to be a "good" comic, but you're absolutely right, it will take some more of these projects for me to be able to create the "perfect" comic. But if this pans out, I certainly plan on doing a sequel :)
Cheers,
MZ

Hi again! As most of the time today went into building the website (again) :) only half a page for today. However, progress is on track, so I'm confident I'll have a finished comic and an up and running website hosting it by the end of September. To do that, I'm trying to squeeze as many renders as I can in a 16 hours "rendering shift" on a daily basis (and manual editing to make it look like a comic, obviously :) ). So I'm not really sticking to the chronological order of the story here... You'll have to wait on the finished product to read the entire thing in sequence I'm afraid.
Enjoy the panel in the meantime :)
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• 11P.JPG
    11P.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 2,183
Oh gorgeous! As well as a dialogue that certainly chimes with Eulalia (who rhymes with Claudalia :))
you've got a delightful way with light and shade in your images that brings out the important details
very dramatically.
Thanks for the very nice compliment! I'll try to keep the game of light and shade up throughout the story. (spoiler: there is a scene featured which depicts the cross at night, lit by torches and the moon only. Took me a while to get that set up right :) )
Cheers,
MZ

Hi again!
After working on the website most of the time for the past two days, I can also post a couple more snippets of finished parts.
Enjoy!
Cheers,
MZ
Hi again! As most of the time today went into building the website (again) :) only half a page for today. However, progress is on track, so I'm confident I'll have a finished comic and an up and running website hosting it by the end of September. To do that, I'm trying to squeeze as many renders as I can in a 16 hours "rendering shift" on a daily basis (and manual editing to make it look like a comic, obviously :) ). So I'm not really sticking to the chronological order of the story here... You'll have to wait on the finished product to read the entire thing in sequence I'm afraid.
Enjoy the panel in the meantime :)
Cheers,
MZ
Oh I'm loving this - the first crucifixion we've had among thousands on the Forums
where the girl's done a strip-tease for her Executioner! She's a lassie after my own spirit :D :devil:

Back
Top Bottom