Crucifixion Comic

Go to CruxDreams.com
I especially like that composition - the heraldic lion adds drama, adds to the sense of conquest and surrender -
and he's sinister (arcane joke for heraldic nerds ;))
Thanks for your lovely comment! Glad you like it! I do know that in a certain way the word "sinister" has the meaning of left(handed) but the context of this joke, you'll have to explain to me :)
Cheers,
Marius Zebo

The lion is facing the sinister side of the shield (the left-hand side of someone holding it, not of the viewer) -
that's very unusual, it's taken a good bit of searching to find 'argent a lion rampant facing sinister gules',
it turns out to be the arms of the province of Kurzeme (Courland) in Latvia:

Coat_of_arms_of_Kurzeme.svg.png

more usually, the lion faces the dexter side, as in the Royal Arms of Scotland:

458px-Royal_arms_of_Scotland.svg.png

The lion is facing the sinister side of the shield (the left-hand side of someone holding it, not of the viewer) -
that's very unusual, it's taken a good bit of searching to find 'argent a lion rampant facing sinister gules',
it turns out to be the arms of the province of Kurzeme (Courland) in Latvia:

View attachment 534912

more usually, the lion faces the dexter side, as in the Royal Arms of Scotland:

View attachment 534913
Thakns for that! I wish I had your knowledge! :)
Cheers,
Marius Zebo

'argent a lion rampant facing sinister gules',

Yes, I think the lion or other animal usually faced the sword-hand and the upper dexter quarter, which was the most important (which is why the Scottish saltire is above the Irish saltire in that quarter on the Union Flag)

(And I thought there couldn't possibly be another heraldic nerd on this cosmoplitan forum).

Yes, I think the lion or other animal usually faced the sword-hand and the upper dexter quarter, which was the most important (which is why the Scottish saltire is above the Irish saltire in that quarter on the Union Flag)

(And I thought there couldn't possibly be another heraldic nerd on this cosmoplitan forum).
I think sometimes, our Eulalia is the personified Encyclopedia Britannica.

Hi all!

Enjoy Promo Pic number eight for the Caudalia's Crossing Source Files collection, a library of 1171 renders on a 4000 x 3539 pixels resolution. Promo images here are scaled down to 35% of the original size.

You can get both the comic and the Source Files Collection here:

www.crux-comics.eu

Thanks for checking it out!

Chees,

Marius Zebo

Attachments

• CaudaliasCrossing (525)P.jpg
    CaudaliasCrossing (525)P.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 723
I think sometimes, our Eulalia is the personified Encyclopedia Britannica.
Britannica was a fine product of the Scottish Enlightenment -
that's why it has the thistle on its covers - and nowadays on the app:
britannica cover.jpg britannica logo.jpg smiley-flag006.gif

Hi all!
Enjoy render number 700 from the 1171 render collection: "Caudalia's Crossing - Source Files".
This post has been scaled down to 35% of the original size.

All 1171 renders in this collection are on this resolution of 4000 x 3539 pixels.
You can get both the Source Files Collection and the comic the renders were made for here:

www.crux-comics.eu

Cheers,
Marius Zebo

Attachments

• CaudaliasCrossing (700)P.jpg
    CaudaliasCrossing (700)P.jpg
    882.2 KB · Views: 714
Hi all!

We're up to promo pic number ten in the meantime! Enjoy a frame of the cross being lifted :)
As usual this render (number 829 of 1171) is scaled down to 35% of its original size. Original renders in the collection are at a 4000 x 3539 resolution.

You can get the full render collection of Source Files and the comic "Caudalia's Crossing" that uses these renders here:

www.crux-comics.eu

Thanks for checking them out!
Cheers,
Marius Zebo

Attachments

• CaudaliasCrossing (829)P.jpg
    CaudaliasCrossing (829)P.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 706
Howdy!
With the weekend just inches away, enjoy promo pic 11 of the Caudalia's Crossing Source Files Collection! A set of 1171 renders on a 4000 x 3539 pixels resolution!!!
This promo pic has been scaled down to 35% of the original size!!!

You can get both the render collection and the high res comic (ISO A2 format in full size) here:

www.crux-comics.eu

Thanks for checking them out!
Cheers,
Marius Zebo

Attachments

• CaudaliasCrossing (945)P.jpg
    CaudaliasCrossing (945)P.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 697
I think that a sharp shiny nail as a sedile would help your happy crucifees to prolong their suffering, next to rubbing their private parts into sharp pain. Next to this, Romans used the crux acuta (with a protruding horn/pole that impaled crucified through the anus)...

I think that a sharp shiny nail as a sedile would help your happy crucifees to prolong their suffering, next to rubbing their private parts into sharp pain. Next to this, Romans used the crux acuta (with a protruding horn/pole that impaled crucified through the anus)...
Thanks for the idea! ;)
Cheers,
Marius

Hi all,

Enjoy promo pic number 12 for the Source File Collection of my comic "Caudalia's Crossing".

The collection contains 1171 renders on a 4000 x 3539 px resolution, made for the comic "Caudalia's Crossing", a 500+ panel comic.

This render has been scaled down to 35% of its original size.

You can get the comic and the Source Files Collection at:

www.crux-comics.eu

Cheers,

Marius Zebo

Attachments

• CaudaliasCrossing (1018)P.jpg
    CaudaliasCrossing (1018)P.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 652
Hi all!
Enjoy the last full size Promo Pic for the Source File Collection of the comic "Caudalia's Crossing"! As usual this render has been scaled down to 35% of its original size.
I felt a fine render from Caudalia's first night on the cross had to be there :)
Hope you like it!

You can get the entire 4000 x 3539 render collection of 1171 renders and the comic of 500+ panels here:

www.crux-comics.eu

Cheers,
Marius Zebo

Attachments

• CaudaliasCrossing (1101)P.jpg
    CaudaliasCrossing (1101)P.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 857
Last edited:
Hi all!

Just posting an odd test render to see how the shaders play with the light. I kind of like the result.

This is a test render for my new upcoming comic. You can get all the things I already published here:

https://www.crux-comics.eu

Thanks for checking it out!!!

Cheers,

Marius Zebo

Attachments

• PoPNoose16Cam08P.jpg
    PoPNoose16Cam08P.jpg
    795.9 KB · Views: 1,052
I love the glistening sweat, it's a powerful image. As I said on DevArt, I'm a bit mystified about the top part of the cross. Also there's a stiff bit of rope (?) sticking up at the bottom, maybe one or two other details need sorting out or making clearer. But I love it!

I love the glistening sweat, it's a powerful image. As I said on DevArt, I'm a bit mystified about the top part of the cross. Also there's a stiff bit of rope (?) sticking up at the bottom, maybe one or two other details need sorting out or making clearer. But I love it!
Thanks for the reply!
I know... It's the extreme perspective. I'm looking down from somewhere over the 180° mark... Very disorienting... That's why the chopping block underneath (above here) the cross is absolutely unclear and the ropes appear to be sticking up, while in fact they are hanging down :) Very poor positioning of the camera, but I wanted a complete shot of my main character. Probably won't make it into the comic, this one ;)
Cheers,
Marius

Hi all!

I've been modeling and rendering for quite a while now, so as I'm approaching 500 renders into my second comic, I thought it time to post an update. Enjoy the scaled down "raw" render depicting some more drama unfolding on the scaffold of Loriac Castle!
let me know what you think!

As always, you're more than welcome to buy my first comic or make a donation at:

https://www.crux-comics.eu

Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• PoPNoose08Cam18P.jpg
    PoPNoose08Cam18P.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 994
Back
Top Bottom