Crucifixion In Video Games

Go to CruxDreams.com
I keep hoping I will run into someone online who would be willing to make some art of a character named "Commander White" who is from a video game called Nier Automata.

There are other androids shown being crucified/post crucifixion in this game, so I want to see her, and the other female Yorha units like 2B and A2 depicted in such a way.

There are other characters from other games I have played that I would also choose, but this is a good start I think.
YoRHa_Commander_Red_Eyes.jpgChMkJlfeCz2Ie1DrAAJtz8aoTJQAAWJNwEdyfwAAm3n846.jpg2b and a2.jpg

After finishing 'Shadow of the Tomb Raider' and being kind of disappointed by the underdone story, I decided to take another go at the first part of the current series 'Tomb Raider' from 2013. In my opinion it is a lot better than the two sequels - and a lot more gory.

In 'Tomb Raider', Lara is facing a cult of maniacs who are crazy for human sacrifices. Their preferred method is burning, but in this one case they got creative with the way they tied up that unlucky soul:
tomb_raider_crucifixion_pyre.png

After finishing 'Shadow of the Tomb Raider' and being kind of disappointed by the underdone story, I decided to take another go at the first part of the current series 'Tomb Raider' from 2013. In my opinion it is a lot better than the two sequels - and a lot more gory.

In 'Tomb Raider', Lara is facing a cult of maniacs who are crazy for human sacrifices. Their preferred method is burning, but in this one case they got creative with the way they tied up that unlucky soul:
View attachment 678509

I enjoyed TR2 and 3, but I agree, the first episode was the best of all.
Lara, lost in a brutal world, was truly great to play, the atmosphere of doom, helping that poor and lovely girl to survive was a great challenge very wel made.

I remember the conceptors saying that they wanted to make the player to feel like a protector, to create the empathy to make us care about young Lara. That was well made! I knew that Lara would survive this, as it was a reboot/prequel, but I had hard times to finish it, I didn't want her to die! :D

One of my favorite games of the last 10 years, one of my biggest "emotional shocks" in all my gamer career, alongside Final Fantasy VII (No, Aerith, you can't die!), and Mass Effect Trilogy (No, Mordin, you can't die!).

Lara, lost in a brutal world, was truly great to play, the atmosphere of doom, helping that poor and lovely girl to survive was a great challenge very wel made.

I remember the conceptors saying that they wanted to make the player to feel like a protector, to create the empathy to make us care about young Lara. That was well made! I knew that Lara would survive this, as it was a reboot/prequel, but I had hard times to finish it, I didn't want her to die! :D

One of my favorite games of the last 10 years, one of my biggest "emotional shocks" in all my gamer career, alongside Final Fantasy VII (No, Aerith, you can't die!), and Mass Effect Trilogy (No, Mordin, you can't die!).

I completely agree. The two sequels weren't bad games. Regarding the gameplay, they actually improved compared to the first. But in terms of story, they got weaker as the series went on. It seemed to me like they were always trying to reboot themselves, constantly introducing new characters and making up new connections for plot conveniance (even if they contradicted each other in some cases). But the worst of all, Lara's character development in the sequels made me at times dislike her!

Rise of the Tomb Raider: The SJWs were strong with this one, trying to implement a strong and independent female hero at all costs. That resulted in Lara ignoring any advice or concern that came from a male character (mostly poor Jonah) and made her seem arrogant and sometimes even stupid. At least the creators had the guts to introduce a female character (Ana) as the secondary antagonist.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Lara's actions in the prologue cause a devastating tsunami which makes her directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of people. I was really bothered by the fact that she never had to take responsibility for this. Sure, Jonah was pissed at her first, but after 10 minutes or so it seemed like he had completely forgotten about it. It is a shame that the game missed to give Lara an epiphany towards the end, letting her confront herself with the question: "With that much blood on my hands, am I really better than Trinity?"

The first game on the other side made Lara seem a lot more relatable and down-to-earth. Especially when she makes her first kill at the beginning of the game (a scene that actually sparked a controversity for apparent reasons, starting at 1:40):

I completely agree. The two sequels weren't bad games. Regarding the gameplay, they actually improved compared to the first. But in terms of story, they got weaker as the series went on. It seemed to me like they were always trying to reboot themselves, constantly introducing new characters and making up new connections for plot conveniance (even if they contradicted each other in some cases). But the worst of all, Lara's character development in the sequels made me at times dislike her!

Rise of the Tomb Raider: The SJWs were strong with this one, trying to implement a strong and independent female hero at all costs. That resulted in Lara ignoring any advice or concern that came from a male character (mostly poor Jonah) and made her seem arrogant and sometimes even stupid. At least the creators had the guts to introduce a female character (Ana) as the secondary antagonist.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Lara's actions in the prologue cause a devastating tsunami which makes her directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of people. I was really bothered by the fact that she never had to take responsibility for this. Sure, Jonah was pissed at her first, but after 10 minutes or so it seemed like he had completely forgotten about it. It is a shame that the game missed to give Lara an epiphany towards the end, letting her confront herself with the question: "With that much blood on my hands, am I really better than Trinity?"

The first game on the other side made Lara seem a lot more relatable and down-to-earth. Especially when she makes her first kill at the beginning of the game (a scene that actually sparked a controversity for apparent reasons, starting at 1:40):

Totally agree with you about TR2 and 3 for Lara's behavior.
I wouldn't say that I disliked her, but she deserved some slaps in her face, for sure.

In TR1, it was more the player who wanted to be there to protect a defenless girl. French voices made the game even better, I truly love Alice David's voice... And she wasn't there for TR3!!

Last edited:

Now you have me wanting to see crux art for Aerith and even Tifa. Matter of fact, that is prob where the bulk of my crux requests would come from if people were willing to make it, from all the jrpgs I have played over the years.

There is not any, so we have to settle for this, I guess.

cherry-gig-433239-Tifa_X_Aries.jpg88f07ba2e8c890d74bb7f6e0892ef4f2.jpgsample-6686539ed554f04ca2124a1692b0ce6c.jpg305459 - Aeris_Gainsborough Final_Fantasy_(series) Sakimichan Zack_Fair.jpg

In TR1, it was more the player who wanted to be there to protect a defenless girl.

And how many times was I responsible for poor Lara being crushed, impaled, eaten by wolves or meeting another horrible and painfully detailed animated fate because I missed a jump or a quick time event...

And how many times was I responsible for poor Lara being crushed, impaled, eaten by wolves or meeting another horrible and painfully detailed animated fate because I missed a jump or a quick time event...
When I played every TR, I never died during a gunfight or climbing part, but I died in EVERY fucking QTE! :D

Now you have me wanting to see crux art for Aerith and even Tifa. Matter of fact, that is prob where the bulk of my crux requests would come from if people were willing to make it, from all the jrpgs I have played over the years.

There is not any, so we have to settle for this, I guess.

View attachment 678569View attachment 678570View attachment 678571View attachment 678572

Aerith was my first "shock", as a gamer, but I can't hurt her in 3D, that would be a shame!:D
(But she wasn't my first videogame crush, Blaze Fielding was!:) )

When I played every TR, I never died during a gunfight or climbing part, but I died in EVERY fucking QTE! :D

Aerith was my first "shock", as a gamer, but I can't hurt her in 3D, that would be a shame!:D
(But she wasn't my first videogame crush, Blaze Fielding was!:) )

She's a martyr, it practically writes itself. Same for Yuna from FFX.

Had a very good session this afternoon in SL. A number of people wound up on crosses, one got BATS (I know I did her) and I got staked out an ant hill (Thanks a LOT Possum fro coming with an ant hill for my torturer). Good interaction by all involved.

Come out and play folks.

kisses

willowfall

Conan Exiles is free to play on Steam for this weekend only. This is the game where your character starts off crucified, and you can choose Full Nudity in the game settings.

Check the first page of this thread for pictures and gifs of this character generation. Sadly naked crucifixions do not appear to be part of the game itself, although slave taking is. I don't think any of us will get past the opening screen!

The default server does not allow any nudity unfortunately. I suspect they may want us to pay money for that!

It is a survival game with lots of wandering round in the desert collecting fibres to make clothes, getting thirsty and dying to bandits when you approach a water hole.

I played Conan Exiles for the weekend and had a good time with it. I built a small house and a temple to the sexy death goddess. I made a leash for my first slave and got the plans for the Wheel of pain, but did not have the components to make it. The potential slave resisted a lot, and when my character respawned she was trapped between the walls of her house! That's when the free trial ran out with my character ironically imprisoned. I don't think I will buy the game, but I will play again if it has another free weekend.

I played Conan Exiles for the weekend and had a good time with it. I built a small house and a temple to the sexy death goddess. I made a leash for my first slave and got the plans for the Wheel of pain, but did not have the components to make it. The potential slave resisted a lot, and when my character respawned she was trapped between the walls of her house! That's when the free trial ran out with my character ironically imprisoned. I don't think I will buy the game, but I will play again if it has another free weekend.

You could always come out and play in SL. Joining the Cruxwinds site costs about $0.06 USD.

And you get to interact with a whole bunch of victims.

kisses

willowfall

Character made in SoulCalibur 6 Create a Soul mode. Sadly, that a crux mode does not exist in this game as I would love to see her on a cross of her own. Her name is Minerva, not that it much matters should she be condemned to a cross.

Edit: My mistake, I guess I should have put this in the thread for video game characters crucified?

2nd edit: Thanks for the shift, Wragg.

D3BAsWcWwAICKG-.jpg large.jpgD3BAup7WwAA4W6u.jpgN86mTyB.jpg10Oa4s3.jpgdeWfvLs.jpgyrZXV5I.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this in the archive, and her hair style looks similar to the character I made and shared at post #137. Her breasts are smaller, but this is as close as I think I am going to get to seeing her crucified. Not bad, though!

57dryup.jpg

Another Tomb Raider game, another crucifixion scene. This one is from 'Rise of the Tomb Raider'. We are in a former soviet gulag where the inmates got sick of their overseers. They crucified this one with pickaxes.
rise_of_the_tomb_raider_crucifixion.jpg

I gave the game quite some bashing in an earlier post. But after replaying it, I have to say that the story is by far not as bad as I remembered. It is actually really good, although the end feels a bit abrupt.

The middle installment of the series has by bar the best level design and the most varied gameplay (although the shotgun sucks since it only does notable damage when the enemies are way too close). And comparing it to 'Shadow of the Tomb Raider' (the third game), the creators have apparently put more effort in the character design (especially the facial animations) than for the sequel.

Back
Top Bottom