Crucifixion Scenes In "spartacus"

Go to CruxDreams.com
I looked for, and watched a video of this crucifixion scene today (Spartacus ...Vengeance 7) ... It is terrific .. very intense ... exciting ... especially the nailing.

Yeah, for something from a TV show it's pretty damn good. If I were an actress, that would have been a fun role to land!
Here's another nice freeze-frame capture that I didn't see posted above...

Attachments

• spartacus capture.JPG
    spartacus capture.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 855
Yeah, for something from a TV show it's pretty damn good. If I were an actress, that would have been a fun role to land!
Here's another nice freeze-frame capture that I didn't see posted above...

Great addition. Thanks for posting Jackie :)

KORE'S CRUCIFIXION

Spartacus3x10_1022.jpg Spartacus3x10_1024.jpg Spartacus3x10_1026.jpg Spartacus3x10_1040.jpg Spartacus3x10_1041.jpg Spartacus3x10_1042.jpg

KORE

Kore (Jenna Lind) is the personal slave and also a lover of Marcus Crassus. After being raped by Tiberius, the son of the emperor himself, decides to run away and join the rebels. When Tiberius is captured by Spartacus she has the opportunity to take revenge, and kills him by stabbing him in the back. It is then delivered to Caesar, to allow the exchange with some rebels captured after the defeat of Crisso. Initially his lie, that to kill Tiberius was a slave, holds, but later Crassus discovers the whole truth. Despite everything, he decides to make her crucify together with the rebels captured after the victory against the Spartacus’ army.

Kore crux gif.gif

2f41a3f71b490f0d124fd46bed76a1c7.jpg jenna-lind-nude-on-spartacus-to-ease-the-suffering-8784-13.jpg jenna_lind_15.jpg b77921d8123fbd07a7ba77e62562cc20_full.jpg spartacus-War-lind-hd-10.jpg jenna-lind-nude-on-spartacus-to-ease-the-suffering-8784-6.jpg jenna_lind_spartacus_decimation.avi.jpg 1362846939.jpg

Always wondered why practically all of those crucified in this series were fully clothed other than that one gladiator whose penis they cut off. They certainly weren't bashful about nudity otherwise.

I have wondered about that too :rolleyes:

Always wondered why practically all of those crucified in this series were fully clothed other than that one gladiator whose penis they cut off. They certainly weren't bashful about nudity otherwise.

I think there was another one, male again I'm sorry, but pretty blunt.

Heath+Jones+10.jpg Heath+Jones+11.jpg

Barbaria1, it's because everything in this movie is as historically correct as the torn medieval mail hood, the Hollywood leather lorica and fantasy tunics made of synthetic fabrics in the same scene... I really hate it, it has nothing in common with the ancient Rome reality.

Spoken as a true realist ... I hear you. :)

I have wondered about that too :rolleyes:
I personally think that it's still a concession to the perceived mores of our society, and the juxtaposition of violence and sex. While the show pushed back a bit against the idea that seeing nudity in a sexual context is abnormal or wrong, or at least that it was silly to try to hide nudity when they weren't censoring violence, there was still a perceived moral line in portraying anything violent, like a crucifixion/execution with nudity. This seems to me to suggest that the show did not move very far from the notion that nudity is sexual, and executions/crucifixions are not sexual and therefore crucifixions are not done naked. Even if the creators of "Spartacus" did not themselves equate nudity and sex, it appears to be an acknowledgement that many viewers would equate the two, even in the context of a crucifixion, and seems to suggest at the very least, that someone had an idea that even a hint that there might be an erotic aspect to a crucifixion was wrong, or would be disallowed by network censors on that basis.

I personally think that it's still a concession to the perceived mores of our society, and the juxtaposition of violence and sex. While the show pushed back a bit against the idea that seeing nudity in a sexual context is abnormal or wrong, or at least that it was silly to try to hide nudity when they weren't censoring violence, there was still a perceived moral line in portraying anything violent, like a crucifixion/execution with nudity. This seems to me to suggest that the show did not move very far from the notion that nudity is sexual, and executions/crucifixions are not sexual and therefore crucifixions are not done naked. Even if the creators of "Spartacus" did not themselves equate nudity and sex, it appears to be an acknowledgement that many viewers would equate the two, even in the context of a crucifixion, and seems to suggest at the very least, that someone had an idea that even a hint that there might be an erotic aspect to a crucifixion was wrong, or would be disallowed by network censors on that basis.
This makes so much sense. I think you nailed it Jolly (no pun intended). Let's not do anything to admit that crucifixion might be seen as somehow erotic.

I actually watched Spartacus recently on Netflix. I found the crucifixion scenes so arousing. That is what really caused me to start fantasizing over things like this all over again, and ultimately led finding this forum. I really felt so connected with Kore when she met her end, and deep down I envied her.

I'm with you guys that it bothered me they were not nude when they were executed. Nudity is a necessary part of the humiliation. It confused me on a series that is not shy about nudity.

Jollyrei, you explanation makes sense that the network would hesitate to sexualize their deaths.

I have a theory about this. Certainly they had no problem with nudity in this series, but it could be argued by some that nude crucifixions were pushing the envelope too far. Nudity for nudity's sake with no "redeeming social value." And of course once the overly religious weighed in, nude crucifixions would have been seen as blasphemous etc.

The solution to all of this, obviously, would have been to show this series including nude crucifixions on the THT network, where there would have been no problem at all

I have a theory about this. Certainly they had no problem with nudity in this series, but it could be argued by some that nude crucifixions were pushing the envelope too far. Nudity for nudity's sake with no "redeeming social value." And of course once the overly religious weighed in, nude crucifixions would have been seen as blasphemous etc.

The solution to all of this, obviously, would have been to show this series including nude crucifixions on the THT network, where there would have been no problem at all
I imagine RR has already bought up the production rights for peanuts! :D

Back
Top Bottom