Crux Humour

Go to CruxDreams.com
Three blades? Good. Very good. Excellent ! ! ! Welcome to Crux!

I just watched 'The Life of Brian' for the first time. It is a hilarious movie that puts many aspects of politics and religion into perspective. And of course it has some remarkable dialogues about crucifixion. But there was one that stuck with me, since it immediately made me imagine a slightly different situation...

as-m-python-quote.jpg
"What will they do to me?"
"Oh, you'll probably get away with crucifixion..."
"CRUCIFIXION?!"
"Yeah, first offense!"

Source of the image: a-sennov

"What will they do to me?"
"Oh, you'll probably get away with crucifixion..."
"CRUCIFIXION?!"
"Yeah, first offense!"
Which of course saves the authorities having to decide how to punish a second offence. This leads to significant savings in police, court and incarceration expenses. Those Romans knew how to run an efficient Empire.

Makes me think that we here in America could realize significant savings by instituting a one-strike and you out (dead) rule. I understand parts of Arkansas already have this and have cut their criminal justice costs by 74%

Makes me think that we here in America could realize significant savings by instituting a one-strike and you out (dead) rule. I understand parts of Arkansas already have this and have cut their criminal justice costs by 74%
You could even proceed to preemptive, efficient crime fighting and make a no-strike and you are dead rule. After all, governance is a funny job, just a pity of all these civilians who spoil the fun with their silly demands and expectations.

Back
Top Bottom