Crux Scenes in Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
When I look at roman buildings, at the roman society and at the roman military power
in liason with the capital punishment, for as far as we know, non romans, we probably
still underestimate the skills of these Teams that crucified the condemned.

If crucifiction was the regular punishment for wrongdoers in the days of the
Empire, we all can be sure, that every executer knew exactly what he was doing.
Entertainment and deterrence on one hand. Humilation and suffering on the other have been
blended togehter.

Unfortunately we don't have any detailed information about crucifictions, but
I think crucifiction became the ULTIMATE DEATH through the centuries.
Maybe beyond our knowledge.:devil:

Last edited:
Very well.

Maybe its "good", that we know not "everything" about crucifixion, because it leaves enough room for our fantasy, room to fill in our personal, fetish-related preferences and mix them into the facts we know from historians, scientists, the Yehohanan-finding, and our cultural-influenced images from churces, the gospels, christianity, movies, passion-plays, "good friday"-children books and what else we may have consumed during our "evolution" into the fetish.

From all the people I was talking to over the years about this theme hardly two had "indentical" preferences and special interests - so there is always something new to discover, I think. And that makes it an interesting and inspiring theme to follow - even over a long time.

best regards
Ty.

I think the crucifixion scene in this film is the most effective yet in portraying the true horror and cold blooded cruelty of Roman crucifixion.The shear terror and looks of agony on the faces of the two criminals, their horrible shrieks and screams and their begging the Roman guards to kill them and the heartless mob throwing rocks at the victims are all very effective. Attention to detail is the best I've seen yet,as was stated above, the support stands or bases to hold the crosses is an interesting twist and the reusable nature of the whole set up was I am sure a very common practice of the Roman exicution squads. The leg breaking scene is very effective and shows the cold blooded methods used by the Romans to dispatch their victims when nessessary.The shear horror and cruelty of this procedure is very well on display and the the increadable horror on the faces of the victims as the soldier prepares to break their legs and the begging of the one thief as he sees the Soldier picking up the iron bar and approaching him to break his legs portrays what it must really have been like.The cheering of the mob as their legs were smashed and the disgust on the faces of the soldiers at that and the young women who have climbed the side of a cliff to get a closer view of the dying men, hoping to see their death erections I'm sure,shows what a cruel sport watching crucifixions had become at that time.
We actually can watch the two criminals suffocate as the soldier that smashed their legs tells the one tortured criminal to take a deep breath and to let go, it is a very effective scene.I think the loin cloths should of been removed but we are a long way from seeing that in a movie unfortunately.In my estimation this is the most effective crucifixion scene in a movie yet.-Gunslinger

Ave,

the "Risen"(2016) movie is finally out in HD.
Here are a few additional screenshots for those who are interested in crucifixion scenes in Hollywood movies and may consider buying it on DVD/BR.
As already known its the classic "triple crucifixion" with Yeshua (Jesus) and the two "thieves" in the "Yehohanan"-style (nailed through the wrists and sideways through the feet) to T-crosses without any rope support. Jesus is already dead and the thieves are killed by breaking their legs, then the nails are being pulled out and the dead bodies wasted on a near dump.
The scene lasts about 6 minutes from timestamp 10 - 16 min. (A second, very short, crucifixion scene from far away and behind comes later)

There are some interesting close-ups from the thieves and the nailing style.

The victims are more, lets say, "gruffy types". If you prefer either gladiator muscle hunks or slender and skinny boys as victims you may not be completely satisfied... the loinclothes of the thieves are also not exactly my taste, I would have preferred the flapping-style like shown on the Yeshua-figure.

The attention to details is very good, for example the discarded clothing of the victims at the foot of the crosses or the direction of the blood-flow (first down the patibulum wood, when nailed to the lying cross and then down the arms after the cross was being raised) like make-up, sets and uniforms, all top-notch hollywood quality. The victims bodies are bathed in sweat and blood, but by far not as overdone as in the Gibson movie. All in all, a far better effort.

So, now judge yourself....

enjoy.
best regards
Ty.
View attachment 370454 View attachment 370455

View attachment 370456

View attachment 370453View attachment 370457 View attachment 370458

View attachment 370460

View attachment 370462

View attachment 370463

View attachment 370464
Great pics!! Always too much modesty in movies crucifixion reenactments..

I think the crucifixion scene in this film is the most effective yet in portraying the true horror and cold blooded cruelty of Roman crucifixion.The shear terror and looks of agony on the faces of the two criminals, their horrible shrieks and screams and their begging the Roman guards to kill them and the heartless mob throwing rocks at the victims are all very effective. Attention to detail is the best I've seen yet,as was stated above, the support stands or bases to hold the crosses is an interesting twist and the reusable nature of the whole set up was I am sure a very common practice of the Roman exicution squads. The leg breaking scene is very effective and shows the cold blooded methods used by the Romans to dispatch their victims when nessessary.The shear horror and cruelty of this procedure is very well on display and the the increadable horror on the faces of the victims as the soldier prepares to break their legs and the begging of the one thief as he sees the Soldier picking up the iron bar and approaching him to break his legs portrays what it must really have been like.The cheering of the mob as their legs were smashed and the disgust on the faces of the soldiers at that and the young women who have climbed the side of a cliff to get a closer view of the dying men, hoping to see their death erections I'm sure,shows what a cruel sport watching crucifixions had become at that time.
We actually can watch the two criminals suffocate as the soldier that smashed their legs tells the one tortured criminal to take a deep breath and to let go, it is a very effective scene.I think the loin cloths should of been removed but we are a long way from seeing that in a movie unfortunately.In my estimation this is the most effective crucifixion scene in a movie yet.-Gunslinger
In the Last Temptation movie they are naked.

could you brief about the story of this movie?
The movie is a historical drama (some have called it a historical romance/comedy) from Albania. The time is just before World War I when Albania is ruled by a German prince, and a man goes off to find a war to fight (possibly for freedom). Along the way, he (a muslim) finds a Catholic girl and falls in love. He never finds his war, but when he gets home and finally gets to marry the girl, the news comes in that Germany has attacked Serbia. The war he now doesn't want has found him at his wedding. His friends ask what they should do now, and he tells them "Play music!" I'm not sure where the crux scene fits in. Could be a dream sequence.

The crucifixion clip is here - no English subtitles. Near as I can make out, the girl is crucified by Muslims, and in response, one of the Muslim men is buried alive. Some sort of show of mutual sacrifice perhaps - the girl appears to volunteer for the cross. Anyway, she is later rescued by the movie's main character who takes her home and marries her.
(Seems I wrote something like that in "Sleep" recently.)

Anyway, the crux scene is not bad, but not terribly explicit, and of course, no nudity.

The Ninth Configuration aka Twinkle, Twinkle, Killer Kane 1980, Director William Peter Blatty

Found this on my fb news feed. Thought it'd be cool to share here. No idea on the movie though I've never watched it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1541591609423.jpg
    FB_IMG_1541591609423.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 721
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom