Crux Symbols And Crucifixion In Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
a pity don't find it

Ooops! :(

Failed to find video url

Here I present to you American aggrotech band Psyclon Nine - Sort of the US answer to Cradle of Filth, performing similar material with the same sort of hissed vocals (What is popularly known over here as "Gollum Rock", for obvious reasons.

This is Behind A Serrated Grin, arguably the best track from their best album, "INRI", released in 2005
Awesome crux imagery on the album cover (unless you live in the uber-prudish US where the crucified girl was replaced by a plain white cover with the band's logo - Here in Europe we got the real thing)

INRI_US_Cover.jpg INRI_EU_Cover.jpg INRI Back Cover.jpg

When I was younger I really liked Cradle of Filth, but after Midian they stop make good music and know I don't know what they are doing.

Yesterday when I rode on my bike I had in my head some song. I don't know why it was playing inside me. When I had remembered the title of this song I thought it should be in this topic: PARADISE LOST - Crucify

Possibly the best opening song line ever:

Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine
Meltin' in a pot of thieves
Wild card up my sleeve
Thick heart of stone
My sins my own
They belong to me, me

By the incomparable Patti Smith, photos by the equally incomparable Robert Mapplethorpe

When I was younger I really liked Cradle of Filth, but after Midian they stop make good music and know I don't know what they are doing.
Agreed. Midian (released in 2000 - OMG was it really that long ago?) was definitely the high point, though 2004's Nymphetamine had a few memorable tracks on it (most notable the title track)

After several years of, it has to be said, below-par releases, they returned to some semblance of form in 2015 with the release of "Hammer Of The Witches", which IMO is the best album they've written since Nymphetamine.

Today they're still making albums - Their latest one, "Cryptoriana - The Seductiveness Of Decay", is set for release on 22nd September this year. Hopefully this one will be even better than the last. I'm looking forward to giving this one a listen as soon as it comes out. Still a fan after all these years.

Still can't beat Midian though - that was a truly classic album - who could forget this awesome track (complete with Doug Bradley's best Pinhead vocalisations :))

Next one is dedicated to all wonderfull and beautifull woman from this forum, who dreams about being on the crux or seing someone on the cross.

No forgiveness for your sins,
prefers punishment
Would you suffer eternally
or internally?

The great song from TYPE O NEGATIVE - Christian woman

Well, where does one begin? Perhaps - as far as Western music goes,
in the 6th century with Venantius Fortunatus hymn 'Pange lingua...Crux fidelis',
still sung on Passion Sunday and Good Friday in the Divine Office -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pange_Lingua_Gloriosi_Proelium_Certaminis

And so many great musical settings of the Crucifixion, and meditations on the Cross-
but coming to a climax in what for me is the greatest musical composition of all time,
J. S. Bach's St. Matthew Passion - too long to post it all here (well over 2 hours),
but just the final chorus -

I'm so glad to hear these oeuvres, mainly the second ... They make me shivering ... I'll ask for them for my next crucifixion ...
Thanks Eul to share them , it's changing from some CF'brutality ....:rolleyes:

It hardly matches Bach, but there's John Lennon.

Christ you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way they keep goin'
They're gonna crucify me

Rip. Not a perfect man, but such a great talent, who's like we shall not see again.

Not quite. Cruxifixion song, but I think the imagery here will be appreciated. Also, it's a good song

Bauhaus Stigmata Martyr is one of the best them songs and my favourite from In the Flat Field. I was digging in my big music library (nearly 1500 CDs) and I found something ideal for climatic bdsm sessions with crucifixion, inquisition tortur elements etc. There is french neoclassical/dark ambient Elend. Les Tenebres du Dehors and The Umbersun are still masterpiece. I don't know why that music wasn't use in Jac Avilla films like Maleficarum.

Another band which likes use crux symbols in its lyrics and of course on cover. One of the most important and influential record in music history: Godflesh Streetcleaner

Back
Top Bottom