Cruxton Abbey

Go to CruxDreams.com
Cruxton02a.jpgCruxton Abbey - The Restoration

CruxtonAbbey02e.jpg
This is less than a sequel to Wragg's story, and is really just based on a whim that came to me while browsing the internet for suitable background images from a certain period. And so, in more manips than text (so far at least) we have the ongoing antics of the Cruxton Abbey crew, led by the formidable head of the "family", Lord Wragg (although we're not entirely sure at times which Lord Wragg we're talking about). The whole thing might become a bit episodic and disjointed, as we go along.

CruxtonAbbey04g1a.jpg
Sir Bob Inder socializes with Barb and Katty, in one of the Abbey's well-appointed bedrooms. At Cruxton Abbey, of course, one observes the niceties of a bygone era. Bedroom whippings are carried out in formal white tie (by the gentleman at least), and afternoon tea is served promptly, regardless of other activities which might be going on.

CruxtonAbbey05a.jpg
For those interested in a more out of the way location, in more "traditional" surroundings, there is always the downstairs. Some visiting ladies are apprehensive about the disrobing rule. Fortunately, Mr. Jollyrei is quite insistent on obeying the dictates of traditions. Standards should not slide too far. Pay no attention to the girl on the floor - she'll be fine when she catches her breath. ;) :devil:

Anyway, those are the new images so far (which originally appeared in the "Filtered and Artistic Manips" thread).

Other contributors are welcome to, er, contribute, either text or images in the spirit of the theme of daily life at CF's most famous pseudo-historic location.

View attachment 802623Cruxton Abbey - The Restoration

View attachment 802624
This is less than a sequel to Wragg's story, and is really just based on a whim that came to me while browsing the internet for suitable background images from a certain period. And so, in more manips than text (so far at least) we have the ongoing antics of the Cruxton Abbey crew, led by the formidable head of the "family", Lord Wragg (although we're not entirely sure at times which Lord Wragg we're talking about). The whole thing might become a bit episodic and disjointed, as we go along.

View attachment 802625
Sir Bob Inder socializes with Barb and Katty, in one of the Abbey's well-appointed bedrooms. At Cruxton Abbey, of course, one observes the niceties of a bygone era. Bedroom whippings are carried out in formal white tie (by the gentleman at least), and afternoon tea is served promptly, regardless of other activities which might be going on.

View attachment 802626
For those interested in a more out of the way location, in more "traditional" surroundings, there is always the downstairs. Some visiting ladies are apprehensive about the disrobing rule. Fortunately, Mr. Jollyrei is quite insistent on obeying the dictates of traditions. Standards should not slide too far. Pay no attention to the girl on the floor - she'll be fine when she catches her breath. ;) :devil:

Anyway, those are the new images so far (which originally appeared in the "Filtered and Artistic Manips" thread).

Other contributors are welcome to, er, contribute, either text or images in the spirit of the theme of daily life at CF's most famous pseudo-historic location.

Ohhhhhh ... this is going to be soooooo much fun! :p:popcorn:

Ohhhhhh ... this is going to be soooooo much fun! :p:popcorn:
CruxtonAbbey04g1a.jpg
Jolly has presented us with a charming scene depicting a tea break in the bedroom at Cruxton Abbey, with Katty, Barb and myself looking forward to resuming a little social intercourse. The room is closely modelled on an identical bed chamber at Highclere Castle in Berkshire, and is frequently used as a guest room for visitors to the Abbey, in the hope of creating a good first impression.

When Fossy's muse, Charlotte Fossbrook, was invited to stay at Cruxton, she was provided with the very same room, although it was thinly disguised by flipping in mirror image.
The painting over the fireplace was changed for Puvis de Chavannes' 'Hope', somewhat reworked by myself in celebration of another muse.

And so, it is with an appropriate feeling of optimism that Charlotte retires early to bed, following the excitement of her first day as a guest at the Abbey.
Who knows what hopes she entertains for tomorrow... :D

Charlotte Fossbrook Cruxton Abbey Bedroom 1.jpg

we're not entirely sure at times which Lord Wragg we're talking about
I must confess that I'm somewhat vague about the old family history, and even vaguer as to which of my forebears was the most thoroughgoing bastard...:rolleyes:

But even Sir Rupert Wragg, who was by far the dimmest, would have appreciated the skill of your manips!

This maid, messing about, dropped a bottle of my finest, oldest wine from the cellar. :mad:

View attachment 802977

Happily, a quick phone call to the employment agency soon provided a replacement. :)
At least she has been mercifully crucified. Her ankles are nailed to the side of the stipe. She won't suffer a full day...

This maid, messing about, dropped a bottle of my finest, oldest wine from the cellar. :mad:

View attachment 802977

Happily, a quick phone call to the employment agency soon provided a replacement. :)
One has to do whatever it takes to instill good work habits and a sense of care in the staff. The knowledge that no servant is indispensible (actually, they seem more or less disposable) is a valuable lesson, hopefully learned sooner than was done by this young lady. One hates to have to spend all one's time on the phone to the employment agency, after all. So tedious.

One has to do whatever it takes to instill good work habits and a sense of care in the staff. The knowledge that no servant is indispensible (actually, they seem more or less disposable) is a valuable lesson, hopefully learned sooner than was done by this young lady. One hates to have to spend all one's time on the phone to the employment agency, after all. So tedious.
One must keep them in line...
abbey maids.jpg

Back
Top Bottom