Cruxton Abbey

Go to CruxDreams.com
Young Bertie Wragg, esq. the heir and nephew to the older Lord Wragg has had a visit from his school friend, Mr. Dante Gabriel Phlebas. Wragg the younger was hoping to catch up with Katty in the dungeons, but instead contents himself with observing Phlebas' skill in entertaining young Sheri, one of the chambermaids. Meanwhile, Kathy de Terra Nova was looking for Barb. She appears to have lost her way in the large building and gone down the wrong staircase. She is now sure only that she has not found Barb.
"I say Wragg, old thing, Sheri is quite the girl for an afternoon's fun, but are you sure you don't want a turn?"
"No, you go on, Phlebas. You're just getting into your swing. Anyway, I'm sure something will come along."

CruxtonAbbey06f.jpg
Kathy isn't sure she likes the sound of that, or what might happen if Wragg turns his head and sees her.

Young Bertie Wragg, esq. the heir and nephew to the older Lord Wragg has had a visit from his school friend, Mr. Dante Gabriel Phlebas. Wragg the younger was hoping to catch up with Katty in the dungeons, but instead contents himself with observing Phlebas' skill in entertaining young Sheri, one of the chambermaids. Meanwhile, Kathy de Terra Nova was looking for Barb. She appears to have lost her way in the large building and gone down the wrong staircase. She is now sure only that she has not found Barb.
"I say Wragg, old thing, Sheri is quite the girl for an afternoon's fun, but are you sure you don't want a turn?"
"No, you go on, Phlebas. You're just getting into your swing. Anyway, I'm sure something will come along."

View attachment 807072
Kathy isn't sure she likes the sound of that, or what might happen if Wragg turns his head and sees her.

Very natty dressers, these Brit aristocrats ... :rolleyes:

Yes indeed. The girls could pay a bit more attention to their attire, I suppose, or at least try to remember where they left their knickers. :rolleyes: :devil:

I think the butler must swoop them up as soon as they hit the floor. He must have quite a collection.

Last edited:
CruxtonAbbey06f.jpg
Kathy also seems a little concerned about the apparent presence of a large, empty wine rack - although if this is in fact the wine cellar, the stocks appear to be ominously depleted...
And empty stocks, together with a semi-naked girl, hiding behind the archway, can only lead to trouble... :eek:

Excellent attention to detail in the numerous inserted components here, Jolly.
The figure scaling and lighting are remarkably consistent, and the sense of atmosphere and character interaction is brilliant! :D

I think the butler must swoop them up as soon as they hit the floor. He must have quite a collection.
Yes, but Bertie can be easily swayed by wrong'uns like Phlebas. He needs Jeeves to keep an eye on him, or Kathy will suffer the consequences! :eek:

You have to hand it to Jollyrei, that is one amazing image. What?

View attachment 807072
I think I better get out of here before he see's me.

View attachment 807072

Missed this due to my previously mentioned laptop failure, great timing :rolleyes:

Lovely, Jolly. It's all in the wrist action, you know, although follow through is important when you want to leave an "impression" so to speak. I must say young Sheri is quite a find, I do appreciate a girl who can keep her poise and maintain an attractive shape while being tickled with the leather. Well done her.

Kathy, don't be shy, come and join the party :)

It's a cold and frosty morning at Cruxton Abbey. One of the guests has been out all night and it looks as if she's going to miss her breakfast... :eek:

frosty_morning_at_cruxton_abbey_1_by_bobnearled_ddoghbz-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/Frosty-Morning-at-Cruxton-Abbey-1-827140031 )​

Wonderful. I must put on my top coat and take the young lady some "breakfast", what?

The house maids at Cruxton Abbey were frequently distracted from their duties, especially when visiting artists requested a model... ;)

the_dining_room_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearled_ddoqigv-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/The-Dining-Room-at-Cruxton-Abbey-827608063 )​

Recent illustrations in this thread are experimental manipulations, employing the 'layer mask' technique instead of conventional png cut-outs for inserted figures.
Layer masking allows a more accurate capture of fine detail, but presents something of a learning curve at this stage. The full size image opens in hi-res via the thumbnail below -

The Dining Room at Cruxton Abbey.jpg

The house maids at Cruxton Abbey were frequently distracted from their duties, especially when visiting artists requested a model... ;)

I say, Wragg old boy, I feel a painting coming on.
Dante_Gabriel_Phlebas.jpg

Do be a good chap and fetch me a couple of maids, must strike while the muse is calling, don't you know.
study_female_nude_hi.jpg

Recent illustrations in this thread are experimental manipulations, employing the 'layer mask' technique instead of conventional png cut-outs for inserted figures.
Layer masking allows a more accurate capture of fine detail, but presents something of a learning curve at this stage.

Very nice, Bob. She'll do, although she lacks rather in the red hair and full lips department.
I look forward to reports of this technique. I suppose it has allowed you much greater control over the hair, for instance?

Very nice, Bob. She'll do, although she lacks rather in the red hair and full lips department.
I look forward to reports of this technique. I suppose it has allowed you much greater control over the hair, for instance?
Well yes, as a matter of fact it has, especially those peripheral strands which usually get deleted from a png cut-out - I'm glad you noticed the fine detail in the hair. :)

the_dining_room_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearled_ddoqigv-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/The-Dining-Room-at-Cruxton-Abbey-827608063 )​

Layer masking allows a more accurate capture of fine detail, but presents something of a learning curve at this stage. The full size image opens in hi-res via the thumbnail below -

You have to say, it's a splendid dining room. One is especially proud of the painting on the end wall.

Pity that silly girl went and stuck her head into the image... a spell in the dungeons may teach her some manners. :rolleyes:

Do be a good chap and fetch me a couple of maids, must strike while the muse is calling, don't you know.
There's one in the dining room, as a matter of fact. ;)

I look forward to reports of this technique.

Encouraged by Bob, I'm starting to use it for Jasmine. The hair is the main advantage, just look at the wispy strands of hair in Bob's image; you'd never get that with lasso and cut. Masking is non-destructive, you just change the shade of the mask to vary what's 'in' and what's out.

Back
Top Bottom