Death And The Maiden: Rite Of Four Elements

Go to CruxDreams.com
Nicely done there Kilda, interesting theme. It raises the question is this a spiritual journey and if so who by? One or more of the women or the skeletal avatar or all of the above?

Yes, this is a spiritual journey or an initiation. Each woman must pass all elements. And this is a spiritual experience for the skeleton too:)
As an initiation this rite is the First degree and it symbolizes the new born.

Nicely done! :) Apparent death, as a passage to new birth. At the forums, of course, people tend to die and then come back for more. There's a philosophical metaphor in there somewhere.

I'M NOT ACTUALLY CONVINCED THAT SHE GOT MY GOOD SIDE.

Don't mind him. He loves being in pictures.:rolleyes:

It raises the question is this a spiritual journey and if so who by? One or more of the women or the skeletal avatar or all of the above?
Apparent death, as a passage to new birth. At the forums, of course, people tend to die and then come back for more.

All the women do have their crucifixion here ... It's the spiritual rite of CruxForums ...
Otherwise, why do you think that we've so much torturing men, already, I'm sure, to nail you to a cross? ...:D

I suppose a failing mark also means a short lesson? :eek:
Yes, RR ! Always a short (good or deep) lesson ... If you knew how I was afraid and in the same time happy to be submitted to my first crucifixion here ! It's certainly the most wonderful experience that a woman can live ...
You always can imagine any rites for yourself, but when it is another person who makes you living this rite, it's completely different and, even actually, even in having crucified myself in numerous threads, I feel the same sensation that the first time ...:rolleyes:
It's the magic ( witchery) of the site !:)

Yes.
They must feel fear. It's a part of the rite. They must experience downwards falling. They must experience contact with destructive aspect of elements. And they will learn to transcend fear, gravity and destructive forces.
WELL, WITH REGARD TO THAT, I THINK THERE IS GOOD NEWS, AND THEN AGAIN...:confused::devil:

Yes.
They must feel fear. It's a part of the rite. They must experience downwards falling. They must experience contact with destructive aspect of elements. And they will learn to transcend fear, gravity and destructive forces.
Hmmmm I could go with that...
the challenge of accepting ... to fall to my fate ... to follow a dark call perhaps ... as the fear that comes from standing at such a precipice is not from the imagination that one might stumble, trip or 'fall in', rather than that one could not resist that suddenly rising temptation to throw oneself, that draw to the edge ... and so when indeed I see Death himself stepping out uncloaked in broad daylight to send me over that edge, where is He coming from, did they send him or was he always there and just stepped out of my shadow?

Thank you for sharing these with us, Kilda - an intriguing introduction to each of the four elements and a great start to your new thread.

I like the sense of tension and anticipation in each case, as well as the use of dramatic scenery.
The composition, colour saturation and lighting are also very good. I look forward to seeing more.

Messa and I were recently discussing the relative lack of female artists on the site - it is good to have you with us.

Back
Top Bottom