Death And The Maiden

Go to CruxDreams.com
Pp has always enjoyed this simple one by Rainer Maria Rilke

"Death"

Before us great Death stands
Our fate held close within his quiet hands.
When with proud joy we lift Life’s red wine
To drink deep of the mystic shining cup
And ecstasy through all our being leaps -
Death bows his head and weeps.

Any wonder that Pp raises a glass of excellent shiraz to life almost every night? It has kept Jollyrei at bay so far :p.
Let's hope the shiraz keeps flowing, then.... :beer:

I'M FOND OF A BIT OF SHIRAZ MYSELF, NOW AND AGAIN. DO WHAT YOU THINK IS GOOD. I'M VERY PATIENT. :cool:
This year's vintage in Pp's favourite Barossa region is looking promising so stocks should stand up for a long time to come.

But one wonders what this maiden is whispering in Death's ear. And how long will Death allow her chest to rise and fall as she still draws breath. Can Jollrei enlighten us?
(GIF)

IMG_5230.GIF

‘Nude With Skeleton’, Marina Abramović, 2002

This year's vintage in Pp's favourite Barossa region is looking promising so stocks should stand up for a long time to come.

But one wonders what this maiden is whispering in Death's ear. And how long will Death allow her chest to rise and fall as she still draws breath. Can Jollrei enlighten us?
(GIF)

View attachment 451834

‘Nude With Skeleton’, Marina Abramović, 2002
AS WITH ALL FOREPLAY, IT IS BEST TO RELAX AND LET THINGS PROGRESS "ORGANICALLY", SO TO SPEAK :devil:, AND RESERVE A FEW SURPRISES. SHE SAYS NOT VERY MUCH IN WORDS, BUT VOLUMES WITH HER BREATHING.:very_hot: AND AS THESE THINGS GO, THE END IS A CLIMAX, BUT WITH AN ELEMENT OF DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN IT'S OVER. REVEL IN IT. DON'T RUSH TO THE END.

SHE CAN FLIRT WITH ME, AS LONG AS SHE REALIZES THAT THERE ARE BARBS, AS WELL AS CARESSES, AND IF SHE GOES TOO FAR, THERE IS A POINT OF NO RETURN. LE MORT, AS IN LE PETIT MORT.

BUT WHEN IT IS TIME, I TAKE HER OVER, AND CATCH HER WHEN SHE COMES DOWN.

AS WITH ALL FOREPLAY, IT IS BEST TO RELAX AND LET THINGS PROGRESS "ORGANICALLY", SO TO SPEAK :devil:, AND RESERVE A FEW SURPRISES. SHE SAYS NOT VERY MUCH IN WORDS, BUT VOLUMES WITH HER BREATHING.:very_hot: AND AS THESE THINGS GO, THE END IS A CLIMAX, BUT WITH AN ELEMENT OF DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN IT'S OVER. REVEL IN IT. DON'T RUSH TO THE END.

SHE CAN FLIRT WITH ME, AS LONG AS SHE REALIZES THAT THERE ARE BARBS, AS WELL AS CARESSES, AND IF SHE GOES TOO FAR, THERE IS A POINT OF NO RETURN. LE MORT, AS IN LE PETIT MORT.

BUT WHEN IT IS TIME, I TAKE HER OVER, AND CATCH HER WHEN SHE COMES DOWN.
Jolly, your new style is bad for reading. Only roman versalies/inscription/big letters disturbs readability and the aggressive magenta/lila it is no eye freindly to me. Your friend
Madiosi

Jolly, your new style is bad for reading. Only roman versalies/inscription/big letters disturbs readability and the aggressive magenta/lila it is no eye freindly to me. Your friend
Madiosi
Ah. Well I only use the all capitals format when I am "in character". Normal posts remain normal. I thought the magenta/purple was not too bad, but I can see how it might be difficult. Let me think about this.

Presenting alternative facts? Tu quoque, Grim Reaper?:D

Another grave statue (location unknown).
A quick search brings up 'Vashta Nerada - Weeping Angel',
apparently with Dr Who connections - others may be able to elucidate?
I think it's a fantastic statue, but I don't recall seeing it attacking the Doctor. :confused::D

Back
Top Bottom