Death And The Maiden

Go to CruxDreams.com
But skeletons are all different from one another,
forensic scientists and archaeo-anatomists can reconstruct what they looked like -
when Death comes, will he come in the shape of your own skeleton? :eek:

WELL, I QUITE LIKE IT. I THINK THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE IS YOU, IS IT? WHO IS THE OTHER ONE? I HARDLY THINK THERE ARE TWO OF ME (ALTHOUGH THAT WOULD BE A NICE TRICK). DO YOU DANCE, FAYRE? TELL YOU WHAT, WE'LL DITCH THIS OTHER GUY AND...
View attachment 589735

Hmm. Um. I don't know how tall she in this picture, and she does not have heterochromia like I do. My skin tone is a bit more pale than hers is. My Hair color is a darker black and has a blue strands dyed on the right. The length of her her hair is close to my own, though mine is more straight/thick and a bit longer. As to dancing, I do not, but I would love to learn to someday.

This is close to what my hair looks like if you're interested. It's about as long as the picture on the left, and styled the way she has it on right.
e1c7a63f13c1229309144a2bd265c88b.jpgindex.jpg

AND SOMEONE TO FLOAT AROUND WITH, IT SEEMS. LUCKY ME! :hsughwiggle:

I say, Jollyrei has gone somewhat more....cerise... in his tastes! :eek:

I didn't really think pink was your colour, old boy! :confused:

I say, Jollyrei has gone somewhat more....cerise... in his tastes! :eek:

I didn't really think pink was your colour, old boy! :confused:
PINK IS VERY MUCH IN VOGUE AMONG THE YOUNGER SET THESE DAYS, AT LEAST IN NORTH AMERICAN CIRCLES. LOTS OF BLOKES HAVE PINK SHIRTS NOW. ADDITIONALLY, IT WAS NOT UNTIL THE 20TH CENTURY THAT WOMEN STARTED WEARING PINK. ODDLY, BLUE WAS CONSIDERED A MORE FEMININE COLOUR. I DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS FROM THE SMITHSONIAN:
"A June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw’s Infants’ Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.”"

INSOFAR AS MY ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONA HERE IS HARDLY "GENDER SPECIFIC" ITSELF, I DON'T SUPPOSE IT MATTERS MUCH WHAT COLOURS I ASSOCIATE WITH, BUT WOULD GENERALLY CHOOSE BLACK IN ANY CASE, AS IT CONVEYS THE PROPER RESPECT FOR THE OFFICE.
campaign_image_3.jpgSwimReaper1.pngDeath-058.jpgDeathgirl08.jpgDeathgirl19.jpg

WOULDN'T YOU AGREE? :cool::D
Death-028.jpg

PINK IS VERY MUCH IN VOGUE AMONG THE YOUNGER SET THESE DAYS, AT LEAST IN NORTH AMERICAN CIRCLES. LOTS OF BLOKES HAVE PINK SHIRTS NOW. ADDITIONALLY, IT WAS NOT UNTIL THE 20TH CENTURY THAT WOMEN STARTED WEARING PINK. ODDLY, BLUE WAS CONSIDERED A MORE FEMININE COLOUR. I DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS FROM THE SMITHSONIAN:
"A June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw’s Infants’ Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.”"

INSOFAR AS MY ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONA HERE IS HARDLY "GENDER SPECIFIC" ITSELF, I DON'T SUPPOSE IT MATTERS MUCH WHAT COLOURS I ASSOCIATE WITH, BUT WOULD GENERALLY CHOOSE BLACK IN ANY CASE, AS IT CONVEYS THE PROPER RESPECT FOR THE OFFICE.
View attachment 600906View attachment 600910View attachment 600907View attachment 600908View attachment 600909

WOULDN'T YOU AGREE? :cool::D
View attachment 600911

Ummmmm .... if you say so

Der Tod und das Mädchen
From the lied by Franz Schumann. Text derived from a poem written by German poet Matthias Claudius.

Das Mädchen:
Vorüber! Ach, vorüber!
Geh, wilder Knochenmann!
Ich bin noch jung! Geh, lieber,
Und rühre mich nicht an.
Und rühre mich nicht an.

Der Tod:
Gib deine Hand, du schön und zart Gebild!
Bin Freund, und komme nicht, zu strafen.
Sei gutes Muts! ich bin nicht wild,
Sollst sanft in meinen Armen schlafen!

Death and the Maiden
The Maiden:
Pass me by! Oh, pass me by!
Go, fierce man of bones!
I am still young! Go, rather,
And do not touch me.
And do not touch me.

Death:
Give me your hand, you beautiful and tender form!
I am a friend, and come not to punish.
Be of good cheer! I am not fierce,
Softly shall you sleep in my arms!

View attachment 243644View attachment 243645View attachment 243646View attachment 243647View attachment 243648View attachment 243649View attachment 243650View attachment 243651View attachment 243652View attachment 243653
It was Franz Schubert, not Schumann

Indeed, you aren't the first to notice that. Mark ;)

Schubert, not Schumann - easily confused!
He used the melody he'd composed for the song
in the 2nd movement of his string quartet no. 14 in D minor,
one of the most gripping, even frightening, pieces of music in the repertoire:

And it was the title of a pretty powerful play by Ariel Dorfman
(made into a film, less successful in my view,
by Roman Polanski with Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley)
about a woman who'd been tortured as a political prisoner
by a masked man who played that music while he tortured her -
and comes face-to-face with him - or believes she has!

Let's hear the song, in a classic performance, with a little introduction by Gerald Moore

Indeed, you aren't the first to notice that. Mark ;)
Yes, we've done that convo.
HAVE YOU SEEN HOW THESE GIRLS HERE DIE, AND THEN SUDDENLY THEY'RE BACK AND DOING IT AGAIN? A LESSER ANTHROPORMOPHIC PERSONIFICATION MIGHT GET A LITTLE DOWN ABOUT IT. :facepalm: IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO WORK THAT WAY (OR SO I THOUGHT AT THE START).:drink9::copas: ANYWAY, ALL I'M SAYING IS THAT PERHAPS MISNAMING ONE COMPOSER IS NOT SUCH A BIG DEAL. :smoking::doh::D

HAVE YOU SEEN HOW THESE GIRLS HERE DIE, AND THEN SUDDENLY THEY'RE BACK AND DOING IT AGAIN?
You don't realise how fascinatingly attractive you are, Death,
we have to keep coming back... :devil2:

Series 20:

Some "classical" treatments along with a couple of more modern takes.
Thanks for posting this one, Jolly -
I have some catching up to do on reviews for some of our manip-story threads, and you have just identified a Wragg source for 'Alice Barabbas'! :)

horrifyme-wragg-alice-barabbas-codacf1.jpg

A rather charming image, in its own way.

Thanks for posting this one, Jolly -
I have some catching up to do on reviews for some of our manip-story threads, and you have just identified a Wragg source for 'Alice Barabbas'! :)

View attachment 607316

A rather charming image, in its own way.
You know, I never even made the connection. Nice job, Wragg!
Also, well spotted, Bob! :)

Ah yes.... guilty as charged! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom