Decadent Art by zfx

Go to CruxDreams.com
an old job, certainly witches
I see an number of pictures like this where women who are pregnant are being hung.

Interestingly in England and her colonies, "defense of the belly" was a reason a woman could NOT be executed because you would be kill the unborn child who was considered innocent.

That's how Anne Bonny the famous female pirate avoided execution for her crimes.

So if in jolly old England I wasn't pregnant going into jail, I'd make damn sure I was before I was in front of the judge!

kisses

willowfall

gjpain

Executioner
I see an number of pictures like this where women who are pregnant are being hung.

Interestingly in England and her colonies, "defense of the belly" was a reason a woman could NOT be executed because you would be kill the unborn child who was considered innocent.

That's how Anne Bonny the famous female pirate avoided execution for her crimes.

So if in jolly old England I wasn't pregnant going into jail, I'd make damn sure I was before I was in front of the judge!

kisses

willowfall
What used to happen after the woman gave birth?

What used to happen after the woman gave birth?
Generally they were sentenced to prison and released when the sentence was up. Bonny was convicted with another famous female pirate (also pregnant but for the moment I can't remember her name). One died in prison and the other was released and just disappeared from history.

kisses

willowfall

Weird, why not to be executed after the childbirth? Furthermore not fair because men hadnt this luxury:demon7:
Probably because before you had "social services" the government didn't want to create a bunch of orphans, especially baby ones.

And the concept of "fair" between the sexes is strictly a modern one. And artificial to boot, nothing and no one in this world is "equal" (another modern stupidity).

kisses

willowfall

Naraku

Draconarius
Generally they were sentenced to prison and released when the sentence was up. Bonny was convicted with another famous female pirate (also pregnant but for the moment I can't remember her name). One died in prison and the other was released and just disappeared from history.

kisses

willowfall
The other pirate was Mary Read. She died in prison, possible from an infection during childbirth.
Women that "pleaded the belly" were supposed to be executed at the first opportunity after giving birth. Records show that most were either granted a pardon - as may have happened to Anne Bonny - or had their sentence commuted to transportation to the Colonies.

The other pirate was Mary Read. She died in prison, possible from an infection during childbirth.
Women that "pleaded the belly" were supposed to be executed at the first opportunity after giving birth. Records show that most were either granted a pardon - as may have happened to Anne Bonny - or had their sentence commuted to transportation to the Colonies.
Mary Reed that's her! Thank you.

Since Bonny was already in the colonies it seems she got a pardon.

kisses

willowfall

Top Bottom