DeviantArt is different....

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yesterday I tried to compose a journal post in Eclipse...frustrating waste of time! Nothing worked.. as soon as I got one picture in there it became impossible to continue, I couldn’t get the cursor below it by any means, to continue writing..

So I gave up and switched to Old-DA, and everything was easy after that. But of course that option is being snatched away in a couple of days time, so good luck posting journals after that. Seriously DA what the fuck are you doing to yourself?? :confused:

I have a distinct impression katzenauge1 feels the same way (actually, my feed is full of artists pouring scorn on Eclipse)

anyrFFB.jpg

WqInDUp.jpg

I miss the OLD DA so much already! I used to be able to see if my friends were on-line, and shoot them a note or something; I used to be able to see when they had last visited, and who had visited my page recently. I used to get a notification when an artist I follow uploaded something new or posted a status or a journal. All that is fucking gone. The whole site is colder and more isolating than it has ever been. :doh: I’ve heard of social media but I think DA have just invented antisocial media.. :p

I miss the OLD DA so much already! I used to be able to see if my friends were on-line, and shoot them a note or something; I used to be able to see when they had last visited, and who had visited my page recently. I used to get a notification when an artist I follow uploaded something new or posted a status or a journal. All that is fucking gone. The whole site is colder and more isolating than it has ever been. :doh: I’ve heard of social media but I think DA have just invented antisocial media.. :p
This is all I have ever known, having signed up only last July. But I saw a screenshot of what the old DA looked like and I can see why people are so unhappy. At the moment, I am reading a long list of complaints and total disillusionment with the platform. You will probably have noticed Aletessa's notice that she will stop posting, and there are several others who seem to be on the brink.

This feels like DA's Tumblr moment.

This is all I have ever known, having signed up only last July. But I saw a screenshot of what the old DA looked like and I can see why people are so unhappy. At the moment, I am reading a long list of complaints and total disillusionment with the platform. You will probably have noticed Aletessa's notice that she will stop posting, and there are several others who seem to be on the brink.

This feels like DA's Tumblr moment.
Sorry you missed the good stuff @Migoz2 .. sic transit gloria deviantartis..

or, in lines allegedly quoted by Sultan Mehmet II as he witnessed the Fall of Constantinople to his troops:

'The spider spins her web in the palace of the Caesars... And owls call from the towers of Afrasiab'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you missed the good stuff @Migoz2 .. sic transit gloria deviantartis..

or, in lines allegedly quoted by Sultan Mehmet II as he witnessed the Fall of Constantinople to his troops:

'The spider spins her web in the palace of the Caesars... And owls call from the towers of Afrasiab'.
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said:—Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is DeviantArt, site of sites:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

(With apologies to Shelley and Ozymandias.)

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said:—Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is DeviantArt, site of sites:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

(With apologies to Shelley and Ozymandias.)
This is all particularly good as I’m obsessively listening to Radio4’s History of the World in 100 Objects on podcast.. which I can’t recommend highly enough... each one telling of yet another lost civilisation whose citizens must have believed it would go on forever, like most of us do...

Yes, really seems like they’ve still got their trousers round their ankles and their shoes on the wrong feet. No doubt there will be patches and updates.. but it’s bloody annoying that they’re withdrawing the old version which works perfectly fine. Style over substance. :doh:

Welcome to the 21st century, that's what it's all about. Style over substance. Perception and belief over fact. If it looks good, who cares if it works? You've already got a captive user base. . . . . . or have you?

I see Facebook is fiddling too, rolling out a beta ui which I found to be buggy

Eh ..I’ve been fiddling around and discovered the list subfolders weren’t gone, just hidden and inaccessible.. because I had removed the images from the main folder they were part of. Found a way round it.. I was able to copy an image from another folder into the empty main folder, and suddenly all the sub-folders are back. Phew!!! Glad I didn’t spend hours re-creating them...

Eh ..I’ve been fiddling around and discovered the list subfolders weren’t gone, just hidden and inaccessible.. because I had removed the images from the main folder they were part of. Found a way round it.. I was able to copy an image from another folder into the empty main folder, and suddenly all the sub-folders are back. Phew!!! Glad I didn’t spend hours re-creating them...

Good to know

I have to admit that I never tried to understand Eclipse when it was optional, but now the old site is off, I'm now lost in that shit.

As I said on my Deviantart page, don't blame me for not answering notes or comments, I have probably missed it!
I know I am missing a ton of stuff, since DA has given up sending me notifications whenever my friends post things; I now have to go looking for it (and I keep forgetting, or I look too soon and there’s nothing new). The worst thing is I know that everyone else is probably missing all my deathless shit as well :doh:

Back
Top Bottom