DeviantArt is different....

Go to CruxDreams.com
I have to admit that I never tried to understand Eclipse when it was optional, but now the old site is off, I'm now lost in that shit.

As I said on my Deviantart page, don't blame me for not answering notes or comments, I have probably missed it!
I understand your pain and dilemma.
Come to Cruxforums it's more "user-friendly...."
( And,no I'm NOT on commission !! Lol)

I know I am missing a ton of stuff, since DA has given up sending me notifications whenever my friends post things; I now have to go looking for it (and I keep forgetting, or I look too soon and there’s nothing new). The worst thing is I know that everyone else is probably missing all my deathless shit as well :doh:
Whenever a green spot appears next to the Watch tab at the top left, someone you follow has posted something new (but you have no way of knowing who it is, nor whether it is a new image, a group post or a journal/status update). Having said that, I don't think I have ever missed a post of yours, Monty.....

Whenever a green spot appears next to the Watch tab at the top left, someone you follow has posted something new (but you have no way of knowing who it is, nor whether it is a new image, a group post or a journal/status update). Having said that, I don't think I have ever missed a post of yours, Monty.....
Doesn’t work on mobile .. :mad: :doh: But good to know!! I also know you stalk me on BDSMLR and I love it :D

Yes, I find the green spot and red message and notifications flags adequate to alert me,
but I'm watching about 150 deviants, fortunately not all posting daily.
What is tiresome is, when I've viewed a new image, and get back (with some fiddly mouse-work)
to the 'watch' array, I have to tell it again that I want 'deviations'.

With all love and respect to cruxforums (which I adore) it’s SO not geared towards artists! (Mind you. Neither is deviant art, these days)
I agree, DevArt was better for displaying artists' work - and we've got problems just now really because of too many people mass-uploading too much stuff which isn't their own or particularly original or interesting (or properly credited) artwork or videos. Hopefully we'll find a way to make the Forums more artist-friendly.

And, even before Eclipse, DevArt has been much less suitable than CF for posting stories, so long as you don't mind chatter going on not all of which is relevant. As for PMs, the DevArt message system has always been, and still is, hopeless.

Last edited:
Yes, I find the green spot and red message and notifications flags adequate to alert me,
but I'm watching about 150 deviants, fortunately not all posting daily.
What is tiresome is, when I've viewed a new image, and get back (with some fiddly mouse-work)
to the 'watch' array, I have to tell it again that I want 'deviations'.

I agree, DevArt was better for displaying artists' work - and we've got problems just now really because of too many people mass-uploading too much stuff which isn't their own or particularly original or interesting (or properly credited) artwork of videos. Hopefully we'll find a way to make the Forums more artist-friendly.

And, even before Eclipse, DevArt has been much less suitable than CF for posting stories, so long as you don't mind chatter going on not all of which is relevant. As for PMs, the DevArt message system has always been, and still is, hopeless.
Yes. And to be fair, CF is a forum with a linear structure, which suits writers with a linear narrative; artists mostly want open-world galleries you can wander around in. It’s just the way it is. I like to have both options! So I’m afraid you are all stuck with me for a while yet :rolleyes::bdsm-heart:

So now DeviantArt allows users to set up a premium gallery. Which hides works from users unless they pay a certain amount.
There's also an option to hide works from users that don't watch you.
:facepalm:
hmmm.
Isn't the decision to watch a user most often made, by seeing their work & enjoying it enough that you want to get alrted if they do something new?
Hiding works from non-watchers seems potentially self defeating...

hmmm.
Isn't the decision to watch a user most often made, by seeing their work & enjoying it enough that you want to get alrted if they do something new?
Hiding works from non-watchers seems potentially self defeating...
Exactly.

Look at this. More often than not, this will turn people away because they don't what they're paying to see and if it's even worth the money.
Screenshot_20200814-210009_Samsung Internet.jpg
And if it's not, you're out of money you could've put toward something else.

Last edited:
It is a bit buggy but I am enjoying the community. I am fortunate to be amongst so many great creators !

I recognise that worthless skinny dog,being flogged...!! *
Because,apparently he posts rubbish pics,on D.A..... lol
:p ;) :p :cool: :devil:

Deviant Art really gets my goat,especially when trying to return to an earlier posting. :(
And it's rubbish with notifications unless you have a specific page to enter. :BangHead::mad:
That option of paying to see certain works of art, is rather counter-productive.....
But I do like seeing what fellow D-Artists get up to.
*( Nice one,@Kav )

I have a page there https://www.deviantart.com/damianartpatreon that I only recently created, can't say I find it easy to navigate, but then again I'm old!

I too am old, but my major "issue" with DeviantArt isn't navigation, but the fact that you and other artists can display images like this

15E17080-A7FD-4324-9BDE-19912E533D3C.jpeg

but not this

163A4B02-57F7-43C0-ADAE-1067AE7089EB.jpeg

and I find this annoying. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom