Editing/ownership Of Posts

Go to CruxDreams.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooper

Magistrate
To the Administrators:

1. Please can you consider restoring editing capabilities to the contributors
This would bring the site in line with other art sites eg Renderotica or DeviantArt

I would be happy to start posting again if I could modify/delete my posts

2. Also please will you remove my story (Virginita's dream) and pictures from your Forum Archive/Stories folder. (I have asked for this before and have been ignored so you have effectively taken ownership of my work. I am sure this was not intentional but please wil you now take my work off display)

Thanks & best regards
Pooper

It was removed, but since the site crashed on July 28th we've had to resort to a backup,
which has meant going back to the status quo as at March 11th.

It was removed, but since the site crashed on July 28th we've had to resort to a backup,
which has meant going back to the status quo as at March 11th.

. . . . but please remove my story

Reply sent via PM....Melissa

OK Peace sisters! (and brothers)
This is probably the best site on the net !! and I like posting with you
I have a bunch of stuff to post . . . including more of Virginta's dream

However I am finding the site responses very slow
Is there a problem your server or is it more likely me?

Thanks and xx's (to the girls mostly, although . . . . . .)
Steve

thanks Pooper - that makes at least one of the girls very happy! :)
I'm not aware of any problems with the server today -​
it does sometimes slow down when it's very busy​
(not just with our stuff),​
and members are hitting some problems with uploading large images​
(1 Mb seems to be the limit at present)​
but we're certainly looking forward to seeing what you've got.​

So we can get our posts removed at our request? I asked about this recently and got a response back from Image Maker that it was not possible.

Image Maker's word is law,​
as far as this site goes,​
so no.​

Announcements & Fantasy Unlimited, please Pooper -​
alongside the lovely originals!​
Expanding on my rather abrupt answer to Shevak -​
we did try allowing more freedom in self-editing,​
but found it was soon being abused.​
We don't want to be a site where stuff comes and goes,​
it's frustrating for members and entails more work for moderators​
just keeping up with what the hell is going on :rolleyes:
If there's some special good reason for wanting content removed,​
e.g. because it's putting the person who posted it in some danger,​
of course we'll consider the request,​
but in general, please assume that what you put on CruxForums will stay there.​
(In any case, don't imagine anything you do on the internet​
can ever be totally wiped - it will still be out there,​
not difficult for geeks with a few IT skills to find it ;))​

yep, on internet years and years

Announcements & Fantasy Unlimited, please Pooper -
alongside the lovely originals!
Expanding on my rather abrupt answer to Shevak -
we did try allowing more freedom in self-editing,
but found it was soon being abused.
We don't want to be a site where stuff comes and goes,
it's frustrating for members and entails more work for moderators
just keeping up with what the hell is going on :rolleyes:
If there's some special good reason for wanting content removed,
e.g. because it's putting the person who posted it in some danger,
of course we'll consider the request,
but in general, please assume that what you put on CruxForums will stay there.
(In any case, don't imagine anything you do on the internet
can ever be totally wiped - it will still be out there,
not difficult for geeks with a few IT skills to find it ;))

Hi Eulalia
The reason for my request has been stated on my DevArt home page for over 6 months now:

"I am sorry to my adult friends for having to pull all my pics.
The reason is that they appeared in Google searches and could easily be seen by youngsters.
The adult content label is not sufficiently secure and my pics were definitely unsuitable for them"

Children can easily get access and I think my stories are far too dangerous for them. I would be happier if Queen V archive was removed and only a few of my pics were visible at any one time.

Of course my fans will take copies (at least I hope they do) but an opportunist search by a child would only reveal a few pics instead of the large number of mine currently on view.

Please reconsider your position for the sake of the children

I will still post here whatever you decide but I may feel it necessary to soften my work if I cannot ever have it removed from your site.

Best regards
Poops

PS. The second rule you quote was imposed after I joined, presumably when editing rights were withdrawn. I was never asked to agree to it and would have advised against it.

I believe that you withdrew editing because a disgruntled member deleted more than his own work. The solution was to upgrade the editor to ensure the members can only edit their own posts rather than you emasculating all your members.

As I say: Please reconsider . . . .

Pooper,

once you post anything on the web if it has been out 5 minutes and is any good it will live forever whether you 'take it back' or not.

If you don't want it out there, please think before you post

Tree
agree tree and if parents upload some naughty pics about their kids it will never, never taking back even after twenty years not

Pooper,

once you post anything on the web if it has been out 5 minutes and is any good it will live forever whether you 'take it back' or not.

If you don't want it out there, please think before you post

Tree

Hi HT

I know you mean well but it ain't true:-
My art does not get re-posted on any other site.
When its removed from a site it disappears from web search engines completely.
I know because I have removed my images from two other sites and they are all now invisible (except the ones here at CF)

Obviously I am very happy for fans to copy my stuff and enjoy it. Thats why artists/story tellers do it - to communicate. I have no problem with adult copying!

However I don't want large quantities of my material visible to youngsters at any one time. The current adult filters are not secure and the material you and I enjoy is very unhealthy for them.

Therefore I would like to restrict the number of my images on display to single figures and not all in one place. This enables us adults to enjoy our work but limits the damage through opportunist searches by children

If the adult security improves I would change my position.

I love this site as much as you but will someone please listen to my concerns?
I doubt anyone has read this far but if you have and agree please make your feelings clear to the site admin. Thanks

Peace bro
Poops

I doubt anyone has read this far but if you have and agree please make your feelings clear to the site admin. Thanks

Peace bro
Poops

Perhaps also those who disagree might post and make their feelings clear to Admin? I for one read the site rules before applying for membership here, I chose to accept them, I choose to accept them any time I post on this site. If I ever decide I do not then the solution is simple, I won't post.

I appreciate that the work involved in maintaining this site is not easy or free. Time, effort and money have been put in to keeping this here. I for one appreciate the hard work of Imagemaker and the gang in giving this place to me and the many people whom I have come to regard as friends.

I appreciate that Imagemaker takes on a degree of legal and personal responsibility and risk by allowing us to post in this forum. He can only moderate/manage that risk by setting the rules he is comfortable with and that keep him reasonably safe. The idea that he and the moderation team should gain a measure of control over the material posted here seemed to me after three days of consideration entirely fair.

I personally do not consider the idea that the IM and the rest of the moderation team should take on all of the risks while certain members choose to take none while reaping the benefits either fair or even valid.

We can only ever take reasonable precautions. As to the continued invocation of minors here is the thing. We as adults do enjoy past times and imagery that would be inappropriate for them. We take precautions to ensure we do so in place that are not likely to be frequented by those under the legal age of majority. Beyond that there is not much we can do as children mature physically, emotionally and mentally at widely differing rates. Whatever security you put in place the fact is that some determined minors will be able to breach it.

Fortunately they are not likely to. This is a rather select interest among adult interests and requires some fairly specific search terms to find. In regards Pooper's Virginita's Dream I conducted several test searches a few weeks ago, both image and web on Google, the only result that turned up his work on this site was the specific web search; Virginita's Dream, no other search of likely more random terms or even an image search under the same heading resulted in a hit anywhere close to the top (how far from it I do not know but suffice to say after five or six pages I typically got bored looking).

Of course if I were really determined to dig up Pooper's stuff I could dig around in Google's cache files which I have on occasion used to retrieve data from years back but it is not in my optimum skill sets and frankly I don't care. I doubt most minors care either. There is a plenty of far more easily accessible stuff if they know how to turn off the filters and I imagine most teens do.

Being honest I just doubt that here is the place they are looking for and so are extremely unlikely to find it.

I can only say agree and thx RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom