Eulalia, Beautiful, Naked, Chained To A Rock

Go to CruxDreams.com
185414-1c87bccbd5be34248642e01cc9ae8544.jpg

Hmm. This image makes me think I've should've made time to see that James Bond film, "Octopussy"

It's always a good day for me when someone rediscovers this thread :)

Thanks for more lovely pics - Madiosi, Tree, Repertor - and many encouraging comments.

I've been prompted to see what's new in Andromeda images online, these appeal to me:

andromeda_by_wagner-d9d6vis.jpg Skyrim Andromeda.jpg andromeda-joe-costello.jpg

#1 by a DevArt artist named Wagner (that name seems to be cropping up here,
one composer whose music I can't stand - but I suppose it's suitable for being eaten alive to!)
#2 I think Skyrim is a game scenario? Anyway, being clamped on a crucifixion frame's
an interesting alternative to the usual chains.
#3 by artist Joe Costello (who sells prints etc. of it online, so best not to use for manips),
I'm not sure if the tern is a kind of avian Perseus (one good tern... :spank:)
but terns are my favourite birds, and his Andromeda has the kind of feisty posture
this girl approves of! :devil:

Last edited:
Wagner (that name seems to be cropping up here,
one composer whose music I can't stand

Wagner was a horrible person, but, IMO, he wrote some of the most beautiful music ever composed.

Here is the so-called "Good Friday Music" from Parsifal. It's almost incredible that such an amoral, irreligious (by normal standars) man could write music of such reverence. The entire selection is about 10 minutes long, but if you listen for about 90 seconds beginning at the 2:00 mark, you'll at least get a taste of it. It's sort of a Germanic musical "Primavera" hailing the arrival of spring and the renewal of nature. You can almost hear the blossoms unfolding.

And if you already know it and still can't stand it, I apologize for wasting the time it took you to read this. :)

Oh yes, I've listened to a good deal - I'd say that his orchestral music is more bearable than the vocal,
I can hear that it's very good of its kind, making great use of the resources of the 19th century orchestra -
but it's at the opposite extreme to my taste in music - J S Bach at his most austere is my idea of perfection.

Oh yes, I've listened to a good deal - I'd say that his orchestral music is more bearable than the vocal,
I can hear that it's very good of its kind, making great use of the resources of the 19th century orchestra -
but it's at the opposite extreme to my taste in music - J S Bach at his most austere is my idea of perfection.

Bach is wonderful, too, of course.

Not being a great fan of chamber music, I confess I don't know the cello suites, although I will now that you have recommended them so highly. His Brandenburg Concertos are beyond praise.

Back
Top Bottom