Eulalia's Ordeal With The Imf

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
So the new thread begins

First a recap and then the next installment

It was a nice day for late November. I usually don’t do bounty jobs but this one was paying a substantial amount if completed before a strict deadline. I was luck to have logged into the bounty website when I did or Bob’s Bail and Bounty would have gotten here first. Whether they liked it or not they knew I was giving them, even Eulalia, the best bargain they were going get.

My cigar was almost and my coffee was when Julie came out of the coffee shop carrying a hot ‘go’ cup. She was wearing a short silk robe and wedge sandals and I doubt much else. I thanked her and reached into my pocket for my flask. She said softly “Unless you have a cast iron gut I think there’s enough in there.”

I took a sip and felt the warmth of the coffee and the burn of the whiskey. Yeah, that’s just about right. Julie looked across the street at Bob’s van and the six thugs leaning against it. She whispered “I think Melissa is going to give her up. It will be only a few more minutes.”

I took a drag on the cigar and looked at the stub glowing in my hand. Without looking at Julie I said “That’s about all the time you have. Professional courtesy says they wait thirty minutes after they get here. After that they’ll inform me I didn’t come with adequate resources to take the mark. Get in there and try to speed things up. Oh… and thanks for the coffee. Its like I mixed it myself.”

I leaned against the pole hoping things would go right. Sure I had a Glock 9 in my belt but even if I weren’t outgunned I wouldn’t stop them after the 30 minutes were up. I took another sip as the last few minutes slipped by. I stared at Bob’s van. He was smiling as he opened the door. As he stepped out he laughed “Well, Tree, you’re the last guy I thought could be bribed by a bit of tush.”

Behind me I heard a door open. Eulalia called out “I am the fugitive Eulalia. I am bound with handcuffs marked ‘THT’ and am surrendering to that officer of the court.”

I adjusted my hat and smiled back at Bob. “I appreciate your professional courtesy…”

eul coffeeshop jpg.jpg

And part two...

Bob was obviously pissed off. I looked back and realized Eulalia hadn’t come out the corner door but the south door that faced Main. As I walked over I said “That was cutting it… HELLO!!!!

Eulalia was standing in the recessed entry, naked save for a ribbon in her hair, my cuffs around her wrists, and the IMF tag dangling from her labia. Being the total gentleman that I am I raised my sunglasses and gawked at her head to toe. I took a big drink from my cup and said “Hell, ‘lia, you could have put your clothes on.”

“I’m wearing what I had when I escaped. Besides, Julie said we were running out of time.” She looked at me and said “Melissa agreed to give me up after I told her they’d be safe. I took you at your word.”

“My word is good” I assured her. I motioned to one of my ‘associates’ to join us. As he walked toward us he couldn’t see ‘lia in the portal. ‘Gunner’ looks about three times bigger than me and was carrying an M60 machinegun with enough belts of ammo that ‘Rambo’ couldn’t have hoisted in his prime. He chatted cheerily “So you have the mark. Good! I’ll stay here and cover the shop in case… WHOA!”

He’s as good a gentleman as I am and was speechless when he first laid eyes on Eulalia. I tilted my hat back, lowered my shades down the bridge of my nose, and gave him a look that could be taken for nothing but “WHAT?”

“Hey, boss, why don’t I take her in and you guard the shop?” he suggested. I shook my head just as Melissa appeared in the door. She had also stayed undressed for the occasion. She handed me a fresh cup of ‘coffee’ explaining Julie had ‘made’ it to my likings. She asked if ‘Gunner’ would like some. He politely said “No, ma’am, I can’t drink that. But if you could leave the coffee out I’d be most grateful.”

“Melissa, “Gunner’ is going to stay here overnight. The bounty expires at midnight but Bob was pretty pissed off about getting beat. He might show up saying he didn’t know Eulalia had been taken. ‘Gunner’, if Bob shows up I want nothing left of him or his van. Do you have the back covered?”

“My brothers have been on the roof since before you got here.”

“Good! Melissa, you did the right thing. Eulalia, it’s time to go.”

“Hey, Tree!” Melissa called out. “Try and bring her back in working order!”

I raised my cup and yelled back “I’ll do what I can. Hell, she’s practically the brand!”

eul 1a surrender 2 jpeg.jpg eul 1b surrender 3 jpeg.jpg

In the past when Eulalia has been in peril
often people come to her aid
Connie as Governess has offered pardons, Julia has taken up arms
even Admihock would not allow her to be chained to an oar (though I do suspect his motives were of a sinister nature)
Do you have a contingency plan should someone try to interfere with your work?

Poor THT :(

And it becomes even worse for him:
Meanwhile Connie has also finished her preparations for the coming events.

Hard times for Maestro HangingTree ... :(
that's a better look a like of our governes

Back
Top Bottom