Ever Experienced A Real Life Whipping?

Go to CruxDreams.com

Jon Smithie

Tribune
Many of you on CF are RL BDSM practitioners, and occasionally on various threads discuss aspects of whipping scenes you've experienced. I am not a real life practitioner, and specifically, have never been whipped, or whipped anyone, or seen a real life whipping. But I write stories, frequently with a severe non-consensual whipping as a centerpiece. It suddenly occurred to me, while reading the comments in a whipping thread from an actual practitioner, that I had no idea what I'm talking about. So, for all of you who have actually experienced it, I wonder if you would consider giving some thought and contributing your comments to these questions.

I would like to make my fiction more convincing, or at least informed by expert opinion. Thanks!

Do you read stories involving whippings? Do you find them erotic? If you do, what elements get you particularly hot?

What do we fiction writers get right and wrong about whippings? What do movie whippings get right and wrong?

What is a whipping actually like?

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no pain at all, 10 being the worst pain you've ever experienced, what level would you rate a whipping?

Have you been whipped with different kinds of whip, e.g. cat o' nine tails, horsewhip, cane, etc. What are the differences? What do you think, or speculate, is the most painful?

How do you think a real life historical judicial whipping would rate? How much worse than a whipping you've experienced?

These questions are hardly all encompassing, but give an idea of the kinds of things I'd like to know. But feel free to ignore them and just give me whatever thoughts, opinions, and speculations you care to. I will appreciate any comments!

Interesting questions, Jon.

I've never experienced a real life whipping, But I strongly doubt anyone here has experienced a true judicial whipping, as practiced in Singapore or Malaysia. There are dominatrixes, mostly in the UK, (strangely few if any men seem to offer such services) who offer "judicial canings", but I doubt they are even close to what is given in those countries. Even if the recipient consented to have their flesh torn to shreds, the legal risks to the caner are too great. You could easily face felony assault charges and I don't think consent, even in writing, would necessarily be a defense that would carry the day in court.

I base my description in the "Trabbian Justice" stories mostly on what is found on the corpun.com site, where quite a few people (all male of course) describe the experience in some detail. Of course, they had to suffer without the Trabco Pharma miracle cream...

So, I have not been whipped, but I have frequently whipped my other half.

So, one thing in reality you have to watch for is your aim. The arse is fine, but a little higher and you can really make a mess of the kidneys. You can whip up around the shoulders, but because the bones are closer to the surface, it will hurt more.

Breasts are a good target, but be careful of the surgically enhanced. There can be issues with impact on implants.

You can leave raised weals and marks fairly easily, but you have to use a little bit of effort to leave bruises, though I have done so.

Most of what I've used is either crops of some kind, or multi tailed floggers. Generally leather, though I have a suede multi tail with gives a satisfying thud, and a rather wicked metal chain multi tail.

Last edited:
Interesting questions, Jon.

I've never experienced a real life whipping, But I strongly doubt anyone here has experienced a true judicial whipping, as practiced in Singapore or Malaysia. There are dominatrixes, mostly in the UK, (strangely few if any men seem to offer such services) who offer "judicial canings", but I doubt they are even close to what is given in those countries. Even if the recipient consented to have their flesh torn to shreds, the legal risks to the caner are too great. You could easily face felony assault charges and I don't think consent, even in writing, would necessarily be a defense that would carry the day in court.

I base my description in the "Trabbian Justice" stories mostly on what is found on the corpun.com site, where quite a few people (all male of course) describe the experience in some detail. Of course, they had to suffer without the Trabco Pharma miracle cream...
I have never come close to experiencing. In several PMs, others, females, have reported consensual whippings and several cruxgirls have claimed it in public forums. I hope they share their experience with you (though I would encourage a PM alternative).

I agree with windar in expecting (and hoping) that all experienced by those here would be much milder than a true judicial punishment, just as I would hope any crucifixions experienced were not permanently damaging or deadly. It is not a place that I would wish to frequent which endorsed actual maiming and even death in real life.

One addition to my thoughts. Although I have never been given a whipping, I have tried a few experimental swats at myself with everything, so I can gauge how it feels at various levels of swing

I have been publicly whipped on several occasions. One of my most severe whippings took place at a recent Folsom Street Fair, where I was whipped in public for the crime of shoplifting.

Dressed in a black utility kilt and sandals with a linen shift and woolen bonnet, I was led to the wooden X-shaped cross where the whipping would take place. After removing my sandals and stripping to the waist for punishment, my hands were extended above my head and then fastened to the beam of the cross. I was told that I would now be unable to escape. But standing there stripped to the waist, barelegged and barefoot, my hands tied above my head was, indeed, embarrassing. Then the whipper showed me the flogger he would be using on me. It had multiple lashes.

My whipping began with a "warm-up" of about ten light strokes that felt almost pleasant, the whipper began to lay on with a will. He would give me about ten lashes, then rub my back,and then resume the whipping. It soon became quite painful, especially when he hit the places which had been previously hit.

I began to yell when each stroke landed as well as to dance. Although doing a barefoot dance added to my public humiliation, I have found that dancing can take my mind of the pain to some extent. Soon I was lifting my feet with every stroke as I yelled "Ehhh!"

I received more than thirty strokes. Note that the instrument used was a flogger and not a true whip of the sort that was used in real judicial floggings , in Britain, Australia and the American colonies. Nonetheless, I went to a clothing dealer's booth that had a mirror to see the whipper's handiwork. My back was red from the neck to the waist and sported several welts.

Hmmm.

In my circle of friends I meet from time to time interested people who are interested in whipping.
What I have learned from them is:
never trust anyone who hasn't felt the whip himself. Only a person who knows this knows how strong you can whip.
Don't confuse toys with real whips with which you can split a broom style.
Never do something like this alone with the whipper, always have someone with you who can intervene.
Especially in BDSM there are good toys for beginners, advanced and professionals. If you are interested in the whipping look there.
Forget everything you have seen in the cinema. This is Hollywod. If such blows came, most people would have deep wounds.

What do I take for myself.
With the right partner and the right whip it can be incredibly exciting and stimulating.

I fully endorse having someone on hand to intervene in case things get out of hand. And a safe word. That is essential.

I cant claim any great revelatory expertise in this area, but I have had various kinds of corporal punishment over the years. I was ‘lucky’ enough to be at school while corporal punishment was permitted, and that ranged from hand or gym shoe (which REALLY hurt) to tawse or cane. So eating my meals standing up was a fairly common occurrence. As well as the feeling of sick anticipation beforehand. And the incredibly focussed pain of each stroke. That is impossible to describe to anymore who has not experienced it. As well as the feeling of the inevitable - you just have to bend there and take it. But then a few hours afterwards the spreading feeling if warmth and wetness (those women reading this who have the same will know exactly what I mean).

When it was beginning to be discouraged the school,wrote to parents to seek their approval or otherwise. My stepfather and mother gave their quite enthusiastic support to continued corporal punishment.

But as it happens this was training for my first ‘proper job’ - as a waitress at a v popular club / restaurant called ‘school dinners’ in The City. Catered for nostalgic ex public school bankers lawyers and stockbrokers with sausage and mash, cottage pie, and jam rolly poly and spottted dick. The wait staff were dressed as schoolgirls and there was a headmaster, a headmistress, head girl,head boy, matron etc. You can imagine. Much spanking and light caning.

But also more serious evening and after parties and sessions where my ability to take a proper caning came in very handy. Some of those were really quite serious - never a bullwhip or cat, but floggers and straps a plenty. And firmer canes. But always someone in charge who Knew the ropes, as it were. I was amused to read the comment from Ennie about the dance. Yes!

Then onto two marriages, both D/s where I was regularly punished. Again mainly tawse or cane for serious misdemeanours. My late husband also liked to use a martinet which hurt like hell. Fortunately that was rare.

None of these came even close to the scourging administered before crucifixions or judicial canings. And mostly on my buttocks or thighs. Occasionally on my breasts (mixed feeling about that). A couple of times on my upper back which as someone up thread said really hurts.

In some ways the rigmarole round it is as important - having to strip in front of ones punisher or an audience and the exposure. But it is also the inevitability and loss of control that for me makes me go back for more.

I left school in 1952,so as you can imagine,I was no stranger to cp,the cane,tawse plimsoll,rounders bat and even a chair leg were among the implements used, and very painful they were too.
In most cases they were applied to the seat of the trousers,but if you were unfortunate,you got it across thin gym shorts.
The girls did not escape,and at one stage I had an 18 year old tennis partner who had to cry off from a match because she had been caned and the Mistress had deliberately aimed low, so the marks would be visible well below the area covered by the girl`s knickers.
In later life, I did enjoy spanking some girlfriends and occasionally used a hairbrush or something similar,taking care not to cause any serious damage.
I did have one girlfriend who had her own cane and was a hardcore masochiist,but she wanted to be really flogged,and eventually much harder than I was prepared to go,so we drifted apart.
My wife does not share my proclivities so now I content myself with my imagination and the works of our talented writer on the forum.

Thanks to all who have replied so far!

I agree with windar in expecting (and hoping) that all experienced by those here would be much milder than a true judicial punishment, just as I would hope any crucifixions experienced were not permanently damaging or deadly. It is not a place that I would wish to frequent which endorsed actual maiming and even death in real life.
I completely agree. In fact, I've objected when people (very rarely, fortunately) post RL pictures of actual victims on CF. I suspect that many of us are actually rather gentle, sensitive souls who find the idea of RL, con-con punishment, abuse or torture in any of its varieties, including, whipping, appalling and frightening. Which is exactly what increases its erotic pull. A couple of you who responded are veterans of the English school system, which apparently included routine CP, and now find erotic CP play stimulating. If I recall, I believe the French referred to whipping as "The English vice."

I was only spanked once, as a small child, and that was enough for both me and my dad. He never did it again. I recall it being terrifying and humiliating, though I have no memory of it being painful.

I am aware that consensual impact play done for erotic stimulation would be a far different matter than a RL judicial corporal punishment, but I'm hoping, in part, to encourage informed speculation on what the differences would be.

If I recall, I believe the French referred to whipping as "The English vice."
Of course the French and the English like to refer to things that are naughty or distasteful as belonging to the other. English uses toilet from the French toilette, while in France (though not in Quebec) they use WC, from the English "water closet". And then there's "French letters" which are neither French nor letters...:p

Of course the French and the English like to refer to things that are naughty or distasteful as belonging to the other. English uses toilet from the French toilette, while in France (though not in Quebec) they use WC, from the English "water closet". And then there's "French letters" which are neither French nor letters...:p
That reminds me of the 1980s ,when the French were refusing to import British lamb. Passing through Heathrow there was a brilliant piece of grafitti."If you won`t buy our lamb,we won`t use your letters"

Sorry to be slightly oblique - there was an Englishman who moved to France and decided to create a business making and selling organic jam.

He proudly labelled the confection ‘confiture sans préservatif

(Which translates as ‘jam without condom’ ).

His local customers were really quite puzzled..... I suspect this merely reinforced their view of English peculiarities.

Thanks to all who have replied so far!

I completely agree. In fact, I've objected when people (very rarely, fortunately) post RL pictures of actual victims on CF. I suspect that many of us are actually rather gentle, sensitive souls who find the idea of RL, con-con punishment, abuse or torture in any of its varieties, including, whipping, appalling and frightening. Which is exactly what increases its erotic pull. A couple of you who responded are veterans of the English school system, which apparently included routine CP, and now find erotic CP play stimulating. If I recall, I believe the French referred to whipping as "The English vice."

I was only spanked once, as a small child, and that was enough for both me and my dad. He never did it again. I recall it being terrifying and humiliating, though I have no memory of it being painful.

I am aware that consensual impact play done for erotic stimulation would be a far different matter than a RL judicial corporal punishment, but I'm hoping, in part, to encourage informed speculation on what the differences would be.

I suspect the objective difference is that the difference between them is that corporal punishment - in what ever setting - does have the possibility of an erotic experience, if not for both parties then at least for one. Whereas a RL judicial caning is very unlikely to offer any erotic possibilities. Please feel free to disagree....

I have both been the subject and deliverer of many a whipping, flogging and caning. I was fortunate enough to start out with an experienced practitioner and whilst some of the cautions delivered above might be wise; I would suggest the diligent use of good judgement - don't play with someone who you believe to be an idiot is a good starting point!

Whips, canes and floggers come in a huge variety of types, sizes, weights etc. There are none that cannot be used safely in the correct hands. And here's the rub; I had a sub whose greatest fear (and guilty pleasure) was a wooden spoon! The 'damage' you can do with a wooden spoon is not to be underestimated I can tell you, I did have some photographs she'd taken in the mirror a few days after one of our encounters...wow...I almost felt guilty (....nah....she was begging for it!) she broke the original with her skinny pain-slut butt but fortunately we were at an event and a certain Master Paul gifted me a much longer handled model; she certainly paid dearly for breaking my favourite wooden spoon!!!

Safe, Sane, Sober & Consensual and you won't go far wrong. Don't go at it like a lunatic, warm up a good whip and the bad sub (naughty subbie!!!) in equal measure and perhaps most importantly (I find) take good care afterward, leaving the whipee hanging up like a piece of meat while you go and make a brew might just be interpreted as you really not caring and that will never do (apparently, I don't know, it's political correctness gone maaad).

As to the difference between Judicial Punishment/ NC and BDSM I cannot truly opine, certainly I grew up at a time when beatings for children were routine but I'm not sure this has much of a bearing on my predilections now. I know that I often use roleplay as part of play to generate a sense of jeopardy, to create a scenario where the use of punishment or torture by one person over another is justified, as a switch I have always enjoyed both ends of the whip (or any other device come to that) more as the result of a good mental build up. If I think really hard about it, do I think if I were sentenced to 12 strokes of the Singapore cane I could find that erotic; well the act in of itself-no. Would I play it in my mind like a scene and get off on it - hell yes!!! And that would be why there'd be no point in it for me I guess, it would be 20 minutes of a day and a (very hard) caning - I've had worse and got off on it before, during and after.

Just my twopennyworth....

Last edited:
What is a whipping actually like?

You asked many good questions , I will try to answer what it's like to be whipped. First thing is that it's painful and the person doing it needs to know what their doing or I won't allow him or her to do so. Once the lashes begin the pain level slowly increases with each lash and I struggle to bare the pain , I often think of saying my safe word but manage to handle the pain. I know from experience the pain will eventually lead to pleasure . My mind seems to go into a different mode that's hard to explain.

I fully endorse having someone on hand to intervene in case things get out of hand. And a safe word. That is essential.

I cant claim any great revelatory expertise in this area, but I have had various kinds of corporal punishment over the years. I was ‘lucky’ enough to be at school while corporal punishment was permitted, and that ranged from hand or gym shoe (which REALLY hurt) to tawse or cane. So eating my meals standing up was a fairly common occurrence. As well as the feeling of sick anticipation beforehand. And the incredibly focussed pain of each stroke. That is impossible to describe to anymore who has not experienced it. As well as the feeling of the inevitable - you just have to bend there and take it. But then a few hours afterwards the spreading feeling if warmth and wetness (those women reading this who have the same will know exactly what I mean).

When it was beginning to be discouraged the school,wrote to parents to seek their approval or otherwise. My stepfather and mother gave their quite enthusiastic support to continued corporal punishment.

But as it happens this was training for my first ‘proper job’ - as a waitress at a v popular club / restaurant called ‘school dinners’ in The City. Catered for nostalgic ex public school bankers lawyers and stockbrokers with sausage and mash, cottage pie, and jam rolly poly and spottted dick. The wait staff were dressed as schoolgirls and there was a headmaster, a headmistress, head girl,head boy, matron etc. You can imagine. Much spanking and light caning.

But also more serious evening and after parties and sessions where my ability to take a proper caning came in very handy. Some of those were really quite serious - never a bullwhip or cat, but floggers and straps a plenty. And firmer canes. But always someone in charge who Knew the ropes, as it were. I was amused to read the comment from Ennie about the dance. Yes!

Then onto two marriages, both D/s where I was regularly punished. Again mainly tawse or cane for serious misdemeanours. My late husband also liked to use a martinet which hurt like hell. Fortunately that was rare.

None of these came even close to the scourging administered before crucifixions or judicial canings. And mostly on my buttocks or thighs. Occasionally on my breasts (mixed feeling about that). A couple of times on my upper back which as someone up thread said really hurts.

In some ways the rigmarole round it is as important - having to strip in front of ones punisher or an audience and the exposure. But it is also the inevitability and loss of control that for me makes me go back for more.

We're fairly contemporaneous, Gillian, so there was still some CP when I was at school. I never got any (I was the swotty type), but there was always the threat of Danny the Dunlop at Junior school.

I had heard of School Dinners, but never went when I lived in London (poor student type, and the pubs around Bloomsbury and Camden were quite enough. I hadn't realised there was a lot of 'after' events.

You asked many good questions , I will try to answer what it's like to be whipped. First thing is that it's painful and the person doing it needs to know what their doing or I won't allow him or her to do so. Once the lashes begin the pain level slowly increases with each lash and I struggle to bare the pain , I often think of saying my safe word but manage to handle the pain. I know from experience the pain will eventually lead to pleasure . My mind seems to go into a different mode that's hard to explain.

I flogged my partner just this weekend, using the suede multi tail and a kind of crop with three lengths of thin, whippy wood. My partner would agree that the pain pushes to pleasure, and then leads to that other place, often called 'subspace'.

In subspace,my partner has often just kept on asking for more and harder, and whilst it is always an option, as a Dominant, this is where you need to be careful to not get too wrapped up in the scene, and maintain some control.

Back
Top Bottom