Favorite artists.

Go to CruxDreams.com

apostate630

Administrator
Staff member
Here goes. It took years to assemble this thread. I hope it won't take years to restore it.

The fact is we don't really know how the Romans ran a crucifixion. But some artists have been able to make excellent educated guesses. Perhaps the best of these is Yusseby

Attachments

• Cruxintro 2.gif
    Cruxintro 2.gif
    74 KB · Views: 2,541
I need to check out my collection of crux pix. I may find something interesting for you. :wink:

Jedakk was one of the first crux artists whose work I ever saw. One look at his Poser creations and I realized that here was someone who had figured out the most likely way the Romans did it.

He positions his victims the way bodies really move and bend, and takes into account things like stresses on the arms. For instance, if you nail them straight along the patibulum, the weight of the body will tear the arms right out of their sockets.

The overall effect is to ensure the victim stays secured to the cross and will suffer for the maximum possible length of time. It's also what some of us call the V position, and is hot as hell.

For those of you who have not been introduced, this wretched young woman's name is Michelle. She's been up there for about fifteen minutes, and it's dawning on her that to breathe she's going to have to "dance," pulling up on the nails through her wrists and pushing up on the nails through her feet.

It's going to be a long couple of days.

Attachments

• Render 1.jpg
    Render 1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 2,179
Damian

Damian's astonishing manips range through the entire spectrum of imagery of cruelty. He employs both modern photographic elements and classic paintings. I first became aware of his work through this savage parody of a laughable 19th century treatment of the crucifixion of Julia of Carthage.

Attachments

• Get real.jpg
    Get real.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,972
  • Unsanitzed.jpg
    Unsanitzed.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,943
  • Sanitized.jpg
    Sanitized.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,914
There's one more pic in this series, one about which I'm ambivalent into the next dimension.

If you're keen on rape fantasies involving a cross, this is how it's done. My limbic system sends erection signals to my penis, but my higher brain functions protest, "Come ON, guys! It's bad enough you nailed her to that thing, lay off, OK???"

Make of this what you will. The set's not complete without it.

Attachments

• Men at work.jpg
    Men at work.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,055
Like Damian, Arcimboldo's skill at photomanipulation is breathtaking. This is my favorite, not just because of the exquisite suffering of that exquisite patrician girl. I'm also grimly amused that for once there's a crux manip featuring Xena, Warrior Princess in which she's not the one naked on the cross.

For those who've never been there, Arcimboldo's site is worth a look.

http://www.bdsmlife.net/arcimboldo/cruc/xcruc.htm

That's the direct link to his crux pics, but if your tastes in cruelty vary more widely there's lots more for you there. He's described the site as a kind internet Flying Dutchman--he hasn't been able to access it or update it in almost two years, but it keeps sailing on without anyone at the helm.

(Addendum, 3/7/06. Yeah, I know that link no longer works, for Arcimboldo's site has joined the missing mass of the universe. If he is ever able to resurrect it, I will update the link.)

Attachments

• pillage.jpg
    pillage.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 2,058
I learned a lot from Damian, Arcrimbolo, Jedakk, Noble Vultcure, and especially Yusebby. I look at my pre crux group crucifixion art, and can only chuckle at how badly off I was!

I wrote this and didn't realize I wasn't logged in! You allow guests to post? That's very brave of you!

Anonymous said:
I learned a lot from Damian, Arcrimbolo, Jedakk, Noble Vultcure, and especially Yusebby. I look at my pre crux group crucifixion art, and can only chuckle at how badly off I was!

Not so much brave as clueless. I've got this forum, but I'm still finguring out how it works.

However I don't see a problem with guests posting. If they put up anything truly vile I can zap it into the missing mass of the universe without effort.

WW, your anonymous post is a nice segue into the work of Noble Vulchur. His muscular and frequently defiant women afford an intense, in-your-face dose of crux eroticism.

I've quibbled about his drawings, mostly about losing the loincloths and his use of what I think of as non-historical footrests.

Nevertheless my cool and rational reaction to his drawings is "WOW!!!!". This one more so than most. In it he's obligingly left off the loincloth, but the carfinfex is nailing her feet to a crude footrest. Well, heck, we know crosses were fashioned in any number of ways. A footrest was almost certainly at the discretion of the executioners, possibly to provide extra support and thereby prolong the ordeal.

Which in turn segues into your photo shoots this summer, WW. I chose this pic specifically because of that footrest. One like in on your cross might provide your model or models with something to push up on and relieve the stress on their wrists.

Or not. I've never tied flesh to wood. But think about it.

Attachments

• Low crux.jpg
    Low crux.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,218
This year, Venus is going up two ways...With a footrest, and without.

I have an idea for a way of placing her feet on the stipes with no footrest. Rather or not it will work remains to be seen. This is going to be an experiment, both to improve my photography, and to try and get a better idea on how a real crucifixion was preformed.

If it doesn't, I'll be standing by with a handy-dandy footrest for her.

How am I going to do it, you may ask?

I ain't telling!

buwhahahaha!

"How am I going to do it, you may ask? I ain't telling!"

Too late. My spies have uncovered all.

(Thanks again, Noble Vulchur.)

Attachments

• TYVSNAIL.JPG
    TYVSNAIL.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,140
apostate630 said:
"How am I going to do it, you may ask? I ain't telling!"

Too late. My spies have uncovered all.

(Thanks again, Noble Vulchur.)

Curses! Foil again!

Perhaps I'll just leave her tied to the rail road tracks instead...

*whew*

Had me going for a minute there, Welsh Webb.

Which is perfect segue for my next favorite artist, Welsh Webb. His is a realistic style that ranges from the intense to the whimsical.

This one is *intense*.

Damn. The image is too large. And I do not know how to downsize it.

WW, if you have a smaller version, would you be so kind as to post it? In the meantime, I'll post a couple of others the site can handle.

Attachments

• welsh23.jpg
    welsh23.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 829
  • getting_ahead02.jpg
    getting_ahead02.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 850
Courtesty of Welsh Webb, a downsized version of The Female Passion Play, which I consider his best work, and he does not.

We'll agree to disagree.

Attachments

• Female-Passion-Play002-copy.jpg
    Female-Passion-Play002-copy.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 787
I guess it's just a artist thing, Apostate...Female Passion Play is a sketch I tossed together in a couple of hours, while the nude Celtic warrior took far more time creating. To me, the warrior is a far superior illustration, but as long as you like my work in general, I guess that's all that matters.

Oh, personally, I don't see the warrior maid ending up on the cross...Others perhaps, but not her. She shall meet her end in battle while taking many Roman foes with her.

Sometimes the good guys do come out on top!

WelshWebb said:
Oh, personally, I don't see the warrior maid ending up on the cross...Others perhaps, but not her. She shall meet her end in battle while taking many Roman foes with her.

Sometimes the good guys do come out on top!

Works for me. By the way, who was Jessica supposed to have killed?

Back
Top Bottom