Favorite artists.

Go to CruxDreams.com
please the latest episode

I read the same storry and would like to know the end of the storry
also please

I wrote Quoom, and he tells me that he really will finish Emperor's Revenge. In addition, he's working on a sequel to Ornaments of Triumph, (aka Fall of the Barbarian Queen).

And it will take time, so patience is needful. This may not sound like news, but it's nice to know from the artist himself that he's still working on a project in which you, personally, are interested.

Johntc from Renderotica is not strictly a "favorite artist," although he does excellent erotica.

But this render so closely fits in with my own private theories of how and why people develop a crux fetish that I had to include it here.

Attachments

• Catholic Girl.jpg
    Catholic Girl.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 451
Sabina raising.

Those of you who used to hang on the late, lamented Yahoo Crux group know of Jedakk's Sabina series.

The backstory is simple--Sabina is a slave girl who struck her mistress and was crucified. Gee, the Romans were *strict*.

I've posted some of the Sabina pics here

http://www.cruxforums.com/viewtopic.php ... c&start=45

about halfway down. The renders and associated animation are truly an astonishing body of work.

But I've always thought there was one false note. Sabina's head sports a prop called (I think) Grace Lion hair, and it looks a tad too turn-of-the-21st-century for a first century C.E. slave girl.

For the renders Jedakk posted a few days ago on the Crux Foundation he used a new hair prop, a wash of long, slightly frizzy dark hair that I feel is far more effective. Jedakk also noted that I'm probably the only one who noticed Sabina's *hair*!

Below are two renders, one with the old hair, the other with the new.

Which do you all prefer?

(Update, 10/24/07. Nobody actually chimed in on which hair prop they preferred. But the number of hits per image tells the tale. The new hair was preferred.)

Attachments

• Sabina_Raising_17.jpg
    Sabina_Raising_17.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 473
  • Sabina Raising 28.jpg
    Sabina Raising 28.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 441
The cross looks wrong for the time?

The quality of carpentry on the cross looks far too refined.
That is, the angles are very neat and the wood looks like it
was cut with a mechanical saw at the local lumberyard.
Guessing, for that time, would not the cross be built with
less precision and rougher wood?
Would the patibulum be attached in the manner implied?
Would the patibulum even be rigidly attached (I can image it
would be secured with ropes or a nail either the front or the
back of stipes, but might rock slightly from side-to-side?)?

Re: The cross looks wrong for the time?

GreenMaster said:
The quality of carpentry on the cross looks far too refined.
That is, the angles are very neat and the wood looks like it
was cut with a mechanical saw at the local lumberyard.
Guessing, for that time, would not the cross be built with
less precision and rougher wood?
Would the patibulum be attached in the manner implied?
Would the patibulum even be rigidly attached (I can image it
would be secured with ropes or a nail either the front or the
back of stipes, but might rock slightly from side-to-side?)?

Good questions all, GreenMaster.

Jedakk can give you the technical details, but I gather the smooth carpentry of the cross is an artifact of constructing a Poser prop from scratch, which he did. Personally I think the realistic wood grain makes up for its geometric perfection.

As for the attaching the patibulum, nobody really knows how the Romans built a cross, and they probaby had no standard design as such. But the mortise-and-tenon approach makes sense. So much so that Martin Scorsese used it in The Last Temptation of Christ, and Yusseby had fun with it as well.

Attachments

• xlast.jpg
    xlast.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 572
  • csK010.gif
    csK010.gif
    62.3 KB · Views: 607
Woodworking

I agree that the timbers look too square, and it's not that ancient Romans didn't have sawn timbers - they used pit saws for that. It's more a matter of whether or not they would have used expensive sawn timbers for crosses, and I think the answer to that is no. Much more of their timber for ordinary use was split, rather than sawn, from larger logs, using wedges and large hammers or mauls.

Mortise-and-tenon, dovetail, half-lap, etc. joints were the common way of joining structural timbers together right up until the beginning of the 20th century. Nails or wooden pins were often used to keep the joints from slipping apart but not as direct load-bearing members. These methods were so commonly used that historians think it's likely that the Romans would have naturally used them to join timbers together for crosses as well. The other motivation, of course, would have been to avoid using relatively expensive nails, not to speak of the fact that it would have made re-using crosses easier.

This does not mean that no one ever joined crosses using rope or nails, just that it's less likely than the joinery techniques.

Jedakk

Sveta, dancing up a storm.

And now for something completely on topic.

The latest update on Makar's site features Sveta, from an outdoor shoot last summer. Aside from her almost absurdly beautiful body, she knows how to dance on a cross in a manner that appeals directly to my perversion.

Makar says he gave her no particular instructions, that she just did what came naturally. I wonder if she was imagining what it would be like to be really nailed to that thing, because she sure as hell looks like she is.

These pics are considerably scaled down, but give an excellent idea of what the set is like. I only hope the video is just as hot.

Attachments

• img_9562a.jpg
    img_9562a.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 314
  • img_9567a.jpg
    img_9567a.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 291
  • img_9564a.jpg
    img_9564a.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 308
DeMullotto's latest, a double portrait of Bridgette and Diane.

I prefer my crux pics realistic and historically accurate, but as Bridgette pointed out to me earlier this evening, this one is "fucking erotic!!!"

Gosh, yes.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• InterCrux-Winter.jpg
    InterCrux-Winter.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 465
Hmmm, Bridgette and Diane have me obsessing about my Tenon, Yusebby style...and not just it's enormous size! :lol: :lol: :lol:

More Makar.

I risk overdoing his stuff, but I really do think the most recent set is the hottest thing he's ever done.

And as is my habit I've been trying to analyze why these pics are so screamingly erotic. The straining arms, the distended ribs, the concave bellies all play their part.

But the detail that directly zaps my limbic system is the way their feet are tucked right up under their remarkable butts, their shins parallel to the ground.

But why is this so? That truly resists analysis, and for now at least I've stopped trying.

Thanks, Makar. Thanks, Vika and Sveta.

Enjoy, folks.

Update 2/9/08. I don't remember what pictures were posted here before they got wiped in the hacker attack, or even how many. I selected these because they fit the above commentary.

And Makar, this time I remembered to put your URL on them. ;-)

Attachments

• img_9585 copy.jpg
    img_9585 copy.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 278
  • img_9588 copy.jpg
    img_9588 copy.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 264
  • img_9589 copy.jpg
    img_9589 copy.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 268
  • img_9597 copy.jpg
    img_9597 copy.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 264
  • img_9600 copy.jpg
    img_9600 copy.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 259
  • img_9608 copy.jpg
    img_9608 copy.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 304
*ahem*

Feel free to chime in, folks.

Do you find this jolt to my personal kink erotic as Hell? Or not?

And why?

C'mon, 'fess up.

Attachments

• Golgatha-Kreuz-Annagelung-2009-03.JPG
    Golgatha-Kreuz-Annagelung-2009-03.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 473
well, it looks as if most of the fight has already left them and they are now entering the final stages of crucifixion. There is a certain amount of acceptance of their fate to be seen. That I guess is what makes it so attractive to you. In most of the other pictures the fight is still on.

These last two pictures show crucifixion as it really must be done. All of those photos where the model is tied stretched out (although admittedly very beautiful) are not really realistic at all. A woman stretched that way could not survive any real length of time crucified, and believe me I know that. There have been many discussions in this forum and others about the dance, and as you say, these models are portraying the latter stages of that; quite beautifully. Again kudos to Makar.

Attachments

• FULDA_HERMANN_1878_Das_Kreuz_und_die_Kreuzigung_p_106.JPG
    FULDA_HERMANN_1878_Das_Kreuz_und_die_Kreuzigung_p_106.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 451
lovecraft said:
well, it looks as if most of the fight has already left them and they are now entering the final stages of crucifixion. There is a certain amount of acceptance of their fate to be seen. That I guess is what makes it so attractive to you. In most of the other pictures the fight is still on.

Oh, yes, in most of the pics in this series Vika and Sveta are dancing to beat the band. I do get off on the end stage of crucifixion, but also on that dance.

But Shannon hit the nail on the head, and it's something I've pointed out before. A great deal of the appeal is that this looks real, like what somebody crucified by the Romans looked like.

That, and Vika and Sveta are breathtakingly beautiful naked.

Yes- I enjoyed both pictures! It almost appears as if it's at the moment of climax or climactic moment. This is fantasy...This is as close to reality as it probably needs to be. The ultimate stretch pose is very nice to look at though- shannonb is correct in that it cannot be held for too long. I noticed that a woman's body contrasts much more dramatically on a cross that does a males, which to me is more appealing to the senses. I suppose because she is usually softer and more curvaceous even when she is lean and that the cross is rigid she is being forced onto the thing. Thanks again for these pics and to Makar!! Sveta has nice arms and ribs too!!

Attachments

• forgive them-01.jpg
    forgive them-01.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 495
Drahreg

I don't know if he's going to be a favorite artist or not.

Drahreg has posted but two crux pics on Renderotica, neither of which are quite my cup of tea. But this one is more than a bit breathtaking. The artist sure as heck knows how to use Poser, and I find the lady's twisted posture and amazonian physique intensely erotic.

Hope Drahreg continues in this vein. Lots.

Attachments

• For Diane00000. . . .jpg
    For Diane00000. . . .jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 515
  • LocationScoutSet08p007.jpg
    LocationScoutSet08p007.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 490
ouldn't agree more apostate630...what an erotic image....one of the best displays of soles that I have ssen in any crucifixion rendering! I do hope that you let the artist know that he has at least one (and probably many more) devoted fans here at the site..maybe even encourage him to join us and contribuite. Is there a site at which I can see his other works?

Back
Top Bottom