Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com

Bob will doubtless point out that this picture features a stylized "Sasha" (I think it's Sasha - one of my early favourite models).
Yes Jolly - Sasha (in your signature pose) in the centre, Julia on the right, and I think that may be Lenochka on the left (all from Cruxdreams.)
You've achieved good visual consistency with all elements here, in what appears to be a palette knife style - well done! :)

Yes Jolly - Sasha (in your signature pose) in the centre, Julia on the right, and I think that may be Lenochka on the left (all from Cruxdreams.)
You've achieved good visual consistency with all elements here, in what appears to be a palette knife style - well done! :)
Considering it was one of my very first manips in 2015, I was surprised how well it turned out. :)

There was mention of Leonid Afremov in the Christmas 2018 thread. I had, in one of my earlier manips, used an Afremov background.
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/cmck-results.4053/page-27#post-187419

Bob will doubtless point out that this picture features a stylized "Sasha" (I think it's Sasha - one of my early favourite models).

It is a nice expression of pain represented by color, subject and technique. I think the fiery side represents the more physical form of pain while the dark colors represent the mind and its loss of control in my opinion.

There was mention of Leonid Afremov in the Christmas 2018 thread. I had, in one of my earlier manips, used an Afremov background.
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/cmck-results.4053/page-27#post-187419

An evening walk in the rain.;)

Somehow, it creates an atmosphere that reminds me to WelshWebb"s 'Afternoon in the park', but more intimate, due to the half darkness and the glow of the lights. The couple passes along, cozily walking close to each other, under the protection of the umbrella. They seem to be indifferent to the scene around them, as if a row of naked crucified girls along that street is a daily routine.

But we cannot see what is going on in their head? Is he imagining his wife on a cross? Is she fantasising about hanging there?

Nice work, Jolly!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Dex spent most of Christmas just wondering how she was going to get back home...

Dex 2018 BC jol-ps1.jpg

Background manipulated from an original photograph kindly supplied by Jollyrei, with selective colour, contrast and saturation adjustments applied.
Similar treatment has also been applied to the crux figure for blending into the scene.

Dex spent most of Christmas just wondering how she was going to get back home...

View attachment 657535

Background manipulated from an original photograph kindly supplied by Jollyrei, with selective colour, contrast and saturation adjustments applied.
Similar treatment has also been applied to the crux figure for blending into the scene.
:eek: love it!!
Nice work, Bob! :clapping::clapping:
And I do hope Dex got to where she wanted to be for Christmas (whether that was 'home' or not). :)

An evening walk in the rain.;)

Somehow, it creates an atmosphere that reminds me to WelshWebb"s 'Afternoon in the park', but more intimate, due to the half darkness and the glow of the lights. The couple passes along, cozily walking close to each other, under the protection of the umbrella. They seem to be indifferent to the scene around them, as if a row of naked crucified girls along that street is a daily routine.

But we cannot see what is going on in their head? Is he imagining his wife on a cross? Is she fantasising about hanging there?

Nice work, Jolly!:clapping::clapping::clapping:
It's hard to be sure, but it looks to me as if the man's head is turned slightly to the left - a bearded chin just visible?
But his lady is warning him to keep his eyes on the road ahead!

I wonder if messaline received a new crown for Christmas?

'Look', says Judith, 'Messa's crown must fit around her head like this.'
'And I will make a crown for her with these blossoms.' says Alice.​

expectations_by_bobnearled_dcvkty1-fullview.jpg

'Expectations' - adapted from the painting by Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema (hosted on DevianArt) -
https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/Expectations-778634137

Wow. Can I say that Alma-Tadema would doubtless have loved that picture, as I do. One of the best classical painting manips I've seen, it works beautifully and your change enhances the original. Wonderful image Bob.

Wow. Can I say that Alma-Tadema would doubtless have loved that picture, as I do. One of the best classical painting manips I've seen, it works beautifully and your change enhances the original. Wonderful image Bob.
Thanks very much, Phlebas - I spent a while looking for a suitable background to try out this pose.
There are lighting inconsistencies, as noted on DevianArt, but I have tried to add convincing shadows.

The canvas has been extended at either side by copying and pasting sections of the original picture, and digital over-painting.
And I had to extend Alma-Tadema's blossoms considerably to make them reach Alice's hands! :rolleyes:

The manip was produced in two Photoshop files, with numerous colour adjustments, and contains a total of forty visible layers.
Full size image below - I'm glad you like it. :)

Expectations.jpg

It's hard to be sure, but it looks to me as if the man's head is turned slightly to the left - a bearded chin just visible?
But his lady is warning him to keep his eyes on the road ahead!
Let’s make it complicated. The scene only exists in the lady’s imagination. She spots her husband looking into the direction where she imagines a naked woman on a cross – not herself, she imagines herself hanging crucified elsewhere in the row. In a split second, the perceived mental unfaithfulness of her husband changes her attitude to anger. The rest of the walk, she neither says a word anymore, nor replies to her husband’s. Of course the situation ends at home with a typical marital argument of the kind :

He : “Can you at last tell me what’s wrong now!?”

She : “You should know what’s wrong!’

Since Bob has recently very kindly included me in a commentary of manip artists, I felt I really should try to contribute something once in a while again. I really do admire the skills of so many people here, and you all provide me with incentive to improve my own skills, or at least not to totally embarrass myself.

It was also noted that many of the fine manip artists here have, at one point or another, created a manip using the "Ecce Homo" painting by Antonio Ciseri. I thought I would make my own attempt at joining that society, and so here is my version. I call it "Ecce Emma".
EcceEmma02a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom