Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
And here we have the little known painting by the almost unknown painter, Jolly Reubens (no relation except complete plagiarism), entitled "The Raising of Katya on the Cross". This painting hung for centuries behind the water heater of Cruxton Abbey, in the basement, where only the coal stokers and Lord Ruxpin Wragg (bastard son of Lord Crispin Wragg and a chambermaid of no precise proveniance) would ever see it. Lord Ruxpin was adamant that nobody but he should see such a painting (despite hundreds of similar paintings which adorned the rest of the Abbey walls). Anyway, Lord Ruxpin died, without leaving any clue as to the existence of the painting, which was discovered centuries later by the current resident of the Abbey, Rupert Wragg, esq., who happened upon it while playing hide and seek with another chambermaid in the cellars.

Rupert is quoted as saying: "I just wish to say that on that occasion, I certainly found what I was looking for...as well as a bloody good painting."

The painting is being displayed here in its restored condition for the very first time.
Reubens-Katya03.jpg

Last edited:
Rupert is quoted as saying: "I just wish to say that on that occasion, I certainly found what I was looking for...as well as a bloody good painting."

The painting is being displayed here in its restored condition for the very first time.
Reubens-Katya03.jpg
Excellent work, Jolly, with consistent scale and lighting.
The bloody nail transfixing the feet ensures that Katya is firmly secured to her cross.
I can imagine Rubens thinking, 'I don't remember that one, but it is rather good, if I say so myself!' :D

And here we have the little known painting by the almost unknown painter, Jolly Reubens (no relation except complete plagiarism), entitled "The Raising of Katya on the Cross". This painting hung for centuries behind the water heater of Cruxton Abbey, in the basement, where only the coal stokers and Lord Ruxpin Wragg (bastard son of Lord Crispin Wragg and a chambermaid of no precise proveniance). Lord Ruxpin was adamant that nobody but he should see such a painting (despite hundreds of similar paintings which adorned the rest of the Abbey walls). Anyway, Lord Ruxpin died, without leaving any clue as to the existence of the painting, which was discovered centuries later by the current resident of the Abbey, Rupert Wragg, esq., who happened upon it while playing hide and seek with another chambermaid in the cellars.

View attachment 778502

Destined for a place of distinction in one of the galleries of the Louvre, IMHO. :)

Destined for a place of distinction in one of the galleries of the Louvre, IMHO. :)
You're very kind. :) The well respected curator of the Museum of Degenerate Art in South Luton, Sir Robert Inder, may point out, of course that the actual authenticity of the work is questioned, if only due to the near photographic quality of the main figure, that of the blessed Katya, herself. I personally think we should disregard pessimistic appraisals of this sort. :rolleyes: :confused::D

The well respected curator of the Museum of Degenerate Art in South Luton, Sir Robert Inder, may point out, of course that the actual authenticity of the work is questioned, if only due to the near photographic quality of the main figure, that of the blessed Katya, herself. I personally think we should disregard pessimistic appraisals of this sort. :rolleyes: :confused::D
Quite so - I mean to say, she looks just fine to me, in my professional opinion... :D

And here we have the little known painting by the almost unknown painter, Jolly Reubens (no relation except complete plagiarism), entitled "The Raising of Katya on the Cross". This painting hung for centuries behind the water heater of Cruxton Abbey, in the basement, where only the coal stokers and Lord Ruxpin Wragg (bastard son of Lord Crispin Wragg and a chambermaid of no precise proveniance). Lord Ruxpin was adamant that nobody but he should see such a painting (despite hundreds of similar paintings which adorned the rest of the Abbey walls). Anyway, Lord Ruxpin died, without leaving any clue as to the existence of the painting, which was discovered centuries later by the current resident of the Abbey, Rupert Wragg, esq., who happened upon it while playing hide and seek with another chambermaid in the cellars.

View attachment 778502
Here's a post that needs at least a triple reaction, haha (Lord Ruxpin), love (Katty) and wow, a manip that has been done incredibly well! Jolly Reubens was clearly a significantly competent painter! At auction, I'd say this would easily fetch a seven figure sum!

Cruxton Abbey #2
I think it turned out reasonably well, but I'm a bit concerned about the "casting" of especially the male characters. I did get myself in there. ;) :D:cool: I may have to make Lord Wragg and Sir Bob Inder a bit more youthful, although I think they do look rather dignified and sinister here.
CruxtonAbbey02e.jpg

Cruxton Abbey #2
I think it turned out reasonably well, but I'm a bit concerned about the "casting" of especially the male characters. I did get myself in there. ;) :D:cool: I may have to make Lord Wragg and Sir Bob Inder a bit more youthful, although I think they do look rather dignified and sinister here.
CruxtonAbbey02e.jpg
I think you have done a fine job with the male characters - and the ladies are all lovely! :)
And I did notice you, looking over my shoulder - I hope that is not an ominous sign! :D

This really is an excellent manipulation, with close attention to detail, and very fine cutting and blending. It certainly demonstrates how convincing a scene can be created with a well-prepared background and a very large number of separate, visible layers for inserting multiple components (I believe there are over 50 layers here?)

The scale, colour saturation and lighting are all carefully balanced, and the insertion of the seated figure of Sheri into the chair, caressing the golden retriever, is remarkably successful.
Great to see some of the old Jollyrei/Cruxton stalwarts making an appearance - Avril posing beside the enormous crux portrait of Olya - and Alice, Katty and Barb in the centre.
Alice appears courtesy of Vadim Rigin's 'Red Velvet' series, in which she is actually putting on her negligee, rather than disrobing. ;)

All of the characters have similar expressions and are evidently taking this scene very seriously. Fantastic work - well done, Jolly! :D
Are they all looking at Tree walking in?!?!?!
That is plausible, and it would account for all of their serious expressions here! ;)

Cruxton Abbey #2
View attachment 788864

I think I look suitably sulky :rolleyes:

I think I look suitably sulky :rolleyes:
I didn't think it was sulky. More sort of curious anticipation. It was taken from a shoot which was part of a lead-up to this.
Caprice-12.jpg
I was actually thinking of using this shot, but it seems a bit more active than was really suitable. Maybe for another manip.
Are they all looking at Tree walking in?!?!?!
That would explain a number of things, perhaps even the look on Barb's face.

The scale, colour saturation and lighting are all carefully balanced, and the insertion of the seated figure of Sheri into the chair, caressing the golden retriever, is remarkably successful.
Great to see some of the old Jollyrei/Cruxton stalwarts making an appearance - Avril posing beside the enormous crux portrait of Olya - and Alice, Katty and Barb in the centre.
Alice appears courtesy of Vadim Rigin's 'Red Velvet' series, in which she is actually putting on her negligee, rather than disrobing. ;)

All of the characters have similar expressions and are evidently taking this scene very seriously. Fantastic work - well done, Jolly!
Thanks, Bob.:)
As you noted, there are a lot of layers here, just to edit the background and make it look like the models fit in. I think the dog alone has about 6 layers, mainly to edit out the old text. Sheri is sitting on a chair formerly occupied by Dame Maggie Smith, which required a certain amount of layering, copy/pasting, and patching to edit her out, so that Sheri could occupy the chair. By comparison, replacing the original painting with one of my earlier manips of Olya and giving it an oil paint treatment was easy. I am very happy that it's worked out as well as it did.

I think I should try something with a four-poster next.:D

Back
Top Bottom