Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
Haven't posted a crux manip in a while. Alice, abandoned to her fate in the desert. Who would do such a thing to such a lovely girl?
View attachment 844447

Um, Bobinder? :rolleyes:

Okay, yeah, him, and potentially a few others...:devil::cool:
Perish the thought... :rolleyes:

It's a dramatic and powerful image, Jollyrei!

A personal love of mine: images of victms abandoned to their fate. The caravan receding into the background.... wow!

Haven't posted a crux manip in a while. Alice, abandoned to her fate in the desert.

Alice-Desert01c.jpg
This is a striking image with strong, complimentary colours dominating a background in high contrast. Alice is highlighted against the dense shadow of the dune, and we are seeing the results of considerable colour and contrast adjustments to the figure.

Subtle details like her angled shadow, the hammer and the caravan at the base of the dune combine to create the impression of scale and distance. The effect is further enhanced by defocussing the distant elements. The discarded hammer implies the use of nails, and the bloodstains are quite visible.

An impressive composition with fine attention to detail - well done, Jolly! :)
Who would do such a thing to such a lovely girl?
Um, Bobinder? :rolleyes:
Okay, yeah, him, and potentially a few others...:devil:
Yes, I do seem to have done something similar, now that you come to mention it...! :D

Attachments

• 42A26B11-0AE6-427A-974F-8005CF6276C8.jpeg
    42A26B11-0AE6-427A-974F-8005CF6276C8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 341
  • 29A1D26C-65C2-45B8-BA52-5BC465BFD0CC.jpeg
    29A1D26C-65C2-45B8-BA52-5BC465BFD0CC.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 304
  • F191B468-FC96-4C18-B27A-DCBBDB728A55.jpeg
    F191B468-FC96-4C18-B27A-DCBBDB728A55.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 372
At the seaside...
ArielCrux01a(post).jpg

I am working on a rather larger project, which is taking some time. I thought I would take a break from that for a moment or two, and do a more or less straight crux portrait. (Just for the sake of trivia, I have lived in the town used as the background, although this is not my photograph.)

The model is, of course, Ariel from Hegre Art, with a number of adjustments to pose, lighting, and, of course, her context.
For those interested in technical details, there are 22 layers with additional general tone and colour adjustments.
Personally, I just like the way it turned out.

ArielCrux01a(post).jpg

I am working on a rather larger project, which is taking some time. I thought I would take a break from that for a moment or two, and do a more or less straight crux portrait.
Wow - a dramatic composition with unified colour balancing, and bold - not to say audacious - use of bright, directional sunlight! This is all very consistent, and the shallow depth of field accentuates the fine detail on Ariel, including her bloodstains and disheveled hair. Meanwhile, the detached sentry, gazing out to sea in the middle distance gives the scene a disturbing sense of normality. The blurred architecture actually provides the impression of a classical townscape, which looks plausibly Roman!

And Ariel looks wonderful, as always, naturally!

I am aware of some aspects of your 'larger project', which promises much in visual terms. But if this is the kind of thing you produce when you are distracted from the main task, I am looking forward to seeing what you produce when you are focused! Well done, Jolly! :D

At the seaside...
View attachment 864434

I am working on a rather larger project, which is taking some time. I thought I would take a break from that for a moment or two, and do a more or less straight crux portrait. (Just for the sake of trivia, I have lived in the town used as the background, although this is not my photograph.)

The model is, of course, Ariel from Hegre Art, with a number of adjustments to pose, lighting, and, of course, her context.
For those interested in technical details, there are 22 layers with additional general tone and colour adjustments.
Personally, I just like the way it turned out.

Wow Jolly, that is seriously good, much more ambitious than your previous efforts and it really works. Like Bob says, all the elements come together nicely, the depth of field effect is very effective, and Ariel's slight female body provides a jarring contrast to the brutality of her situation, nailed naked and bleeding to a cross. She stares directly at us, challenging a response.

I'm looking forward to this larger project.

It's been very hot where I am lately. 33C and humid, which is enough to put even the most dedicated Carnifex off his game. I call this one, "Too hot to crucify you."
View attachment 870848

Excellent repurposing of Géricault, Jollyrei. ;)

Attachments

• 2A0580F1-EF04-4453-90C1-BCC5C72192CD.jpeg
    9.6 MB · Views: 85
It's been very hot where I am lately. 33C and humid, which is enough to put even the most dedicated Carnifex off his game. I call this one, "Too hot to crucify you."
View attachment 870848
I always said that Barb was too hot to crucify... She nearly puts me in hospital each time she does it! :very_hot::very_hot::very_hot::very_hot:

t's been very hot where I am lately. 33C and humid, which is enough to put even the most dedicated Carnifex off his game. I call this one, "Too hot to crucify you."
TooHot01a.jpg
Wow - it looks as if they have just finished tidying up the execution site, ready for the new arrivals, but Barb is too far gone with heat exhaustion to try running away!
This is an interesting blend of photographic and painted elements from Theodore Gericault's 'Raft of the Medusa', with good relative figure scale, saturation and lighting.

I imagine the executioners will be looking forward to discarding their armour, although the one who looks like Brad Pitt seems to have found an isolated shady spot.
Nice work, Jolly - most evocative of your current conditions! :)

Back
Top Bottom