Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
Repertor, you are so right. One of my husband's hobbies is photography. He can spend hours working on one picture in photoshop until he feels he gets it right.

He has a nude of me that he took in Florida that he did such a wonderful job with. I would love to put it on the wall in my home (at least my bedroom). Unfortunately, I don't think my kids would feel the same as my husband and I.
Repertor's uncle had in his living room a cardboard Brigitte Bardot, life-size and scantily clad, but his aunt had made a paper skirt for her.
Of course every visitor's first act was to lift that skirt.
Oh, right, at home, we had a life sized statue of a naked woman carved from natural stone. Every visitor who saw it for the first time, used to touch her breasts.
Well, we had it tough. In our house we had a 40 foot marble statue of... No I won't do it. ;):devil:
It's beginning to sound a bit like Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen. :rolleyes::D

Ee we were that hard up, we couldn't afford a marble one,
our Dad just had to put a naked woman in 't hallway :p

Hallway? You were looky.
We used t' dream of hallway.
Our da used to bury mum naked up to her thighs in muddy pit in t' garden!

r1eWd6J.png

Maybe you can share with us in the development. The road to the final image is certainly of interest.
Well, since you asked. :) This was a fairly simple manip, overall.

Step 1: I wanted an atmospheric fall background. I found an edited photograph of a park in autumn. The fog/mist effect was already built into the background.
AutumnPark1.jpg

Step 2: Add the model. I got this model online - it is the actress who played Thessela in "Spartacus" (recall the famous crucifixion scene). I had "doctored" the image for a manip I made for Thessela's most recent birthday (that image seems to have vanished with the 'episode' in July). I adjusted the image of the model in Photoshop to remove the clothing. That was the trickiest step, but as I noted, I did that part earlier in the summer, so I really just used my edited model now.
Thessela08.jpg Thessela08d1.png
I added my model into the image as a new layer.
AutumnPark2a.jpg

Step 3: Cleaning the model layer to remove the shiny outlines, and some "garbage" left over from the original editing of the model. This makes her look like she belongs in the picture, rather than something that was just stuck onto the page.
AutumnPark2b.jpg

Step 4: Add the cross, and adjust for the fog effect and lighting. For this I adjusted the transparency of the cross and added a luminescence filter.
AutumnPark2c.jpg AutumnPark2d.jpg

Step 5: I wanted a somewhat surreal effect so I applied an oil paint filter to the background image, and cropped the whole thing to fit the height of the model.
AutumnPark2e.jpg

Step 6: Finally, I saved the whole photoshop PSD project as a JPG, and then adjusted the shadows, highlights, contrast and saturation for the entire image to give it more vibrance and glow. I also added my watermark for the final image, as presented above (and here):

I have to confess that I went mostly by my own "feel" for the piece, rather than an explicit worked out storyline, in choosing the model, and also in my decision to use a lying down cross, rather than a standing one. I very much enjoyed the interpretive comments on her stance and the symbolism. I expect these images say slightly different things to each viewer. This was not my most complex manip, and really has only 3 elements/layers, but I didn't feel that it needed more. I am very happy that the final image seems to have caught the eye of my CF friends. It's always nice to hit that mark. :)

Well, since you asked. :) This was a fairly simple manip, overall.

Step 1: I wanted an atmospheric fall background. I found an edited photograph of a park in autumn. The fog/mist effect was already built into the background.
View attachment 425262

Step 2: Add the model. I got this model online - it is the actress who played Thessela in "Spartacus" (recall the famous crucifixion scene). I had "doctored" the image for a manip I made for Thessela's most recent birthday (that image seems to have vanished with the 'episode' in July). I adjusted the image of the model in Photoshop to remove the clothing. That was the trickiest step, but as I noted, I did that part earlier in the summer, so I really just used my edited model now.
View attachment 425288 View attachment 425289
I added my model into the image as a new layer.
View attachment 425290

Step 3: Cleaning the model layer to remove the shiny outlines, and some "garbage" left over from the original editing of the model. This makes her look like she belongs in the picture, rather than something that was just stuck onto the page.
View attachment 425297

Step 4: Add the cross, and adjust for the fog effect and lighting. For this I adjusted the transparency of the cross and added a luminescence filter.
View attachment 425299 View attachment 425300

Step 5: I wanted a somewhat surreal effect so I applied an oil paint filter to the background image, and cropped the whole thing to fit the height of the model.
View attachment 425302

Step 6: Finally, I saved the whole photoshop PSD project as a JPG, and then adjusted the shadows, highlights, contrast and saturation for the entire image to give it more vibrance and glow. I also added my watermark for the final image, as presented above (and here):

I have to confess that I went mostly by my own "feel" for the piece, rather than an explicit worked out storyline, in choosing the model, and also in my decision to use a lying down cross, rather than a standing one. I very much enjoyed the interpretive comments on her stance and the symbolism. I expect these images say slightly different things to each viewer. This was not my most complex manip, and really has only 3 elements/layers, but I didn't feel that it needed more. I am very happy that the final image seems to have caught the eye of my CF friends. It's always nice to hit that mark. :)
Yeah, that is what i mean! Thank you Jolly!

Back
Top Bottom