Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
Great painters are often making the same scene and have the same inspirations ... ;)

The Odalisque has always been a popular theme, frequently driven by the demands of patronage in the arts. Aristotle, Plato and Seneca all agreed that art is imitation although each proceeded to express diverse opinions on this observation. They were referring to art imitating nature, although of course art also imitates art. Let's have more of it!

Well I admit my first though on seeing Jolly's find was of the Grand Odalisque. Still certain themes do seem to draw artistic attentions time and again :D
I should note that it's not really my find. Top-Cat found the pic for his "Redheads" thread:
Wragg raised the issue of the oil painting. I was simply suggestible. :D

A picture that triggers one's imagination.
The palm tree on the right suggests this used to be a nice subtropical place. The crucified girl is responsible for the sudden climate change that has occurred.

It is very atmospheric. The crucifixion is interpreted as a major event impacting on the natural order. The New Testament records darkness descending during daytime, earthquakes and the dead emerging from their graves. This kind of stuff just happens when you nail up somebody significant. And Katrina is so cool... Great work Jolly.

:cool: Summer night mood on the doorstep.
Nice.
If one changes the mood, however, sometimes it works better to crop the image to sharpen the focus.

Here she is. She sees you, and is waiting to see who you are and what you'll do, but she doesn't realize that to you, at this moment, she's everything. She pops out of the background as if she's the only real thing.
Prisma15da.jpg

Back
Top Bottom