Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
There was a discussion of Martin Mull's paintings which do a collage-style mix of photo, painting, and black and white. I rather liked the style, so I tried a crux manip trying to capture that. Here the background is the Logan Botanical Gardens in Scotland (thanks to Eul for introducing us to that lovely place), and the crux models are familiar to most of us (one of them being Alice, again. She does get around).
Logan01.jpg

There was a discussion of Martin Mull's paintings which do a collage-style mix of photo, painting, and black and white. I rather liked the style, so I tried a crux manip trying to capture that. Here the background is the Logan Botanical Gardens in Scotland (thanks to Eul for introducing us to that lovely place), and the crux models are familiar to most of us (one of them being Alice, again. She does get around).
View attachment 512218
She certainly does get around, Jolly - with Messaline and Judith in Montlucon on 30 June, and now in Edinburgh five days later! Congratulations on another highly original fine art interpretation for both Alice and Samantha. I particularly like the way the solarised effect on the figures compliments the background treatment.

Of course, Eulalia also provided the inspiration for Alice's last visit to Scotland - 'Lassie-Hunting in the Northern Forest'.

Lassie-Hunting In The Northern Forest 2 50%.jpg

View attachment 512218
Yes, as I explained on Bob's thread, I mentioned that Logan is near the southernmost tip of Scotland,
the Mull of Galloway, that reminded Windar of Martin Mull...

So, as some of you know, bobinder and I met IRL for a couple of pints in London last week (seems like a long time ago now). We installed ourselves at the Red Lion, just down the street from Parliament and Westminster Abbey. A lot of people don't know that this is also where London jaywalkers and other miscreants are crucified for their misdeeds (or was that just our imagination?). ;):rolleyes::devil: In any case, the day was pleasant and the beer was good. (The background photo is my own pic of the Red Lion).
RedLion01a.jpg

So, as some of you know, bobinder and I met IRL for a couple of pints in London last week (seems like a long time ago now). We installed ourselves at the Red Lion, just down the street from Parliament and Westminster Abbey. A lot of people don't know that this is also where London jaywalkers and other miscreants are crucified for their misdeeds (or was that just our imagination?). ;):rolleyes::devil: In any case, the day was pleasant and the beer was good. (The background photo is my own pic of the Red Lion).
View attachment 518314

Oh Shit! You mean jaywalking is a crucifiable offense? Where does it say that? :confused:

Or did you guys just have too many pints? They say that can bring on strange mirage-like visions of things like naked tourists crucified on street corners.:rolleyes:

Sounds like fun. Wish I could have been there. I mean at the Red Lion, not nailed naked to one of those imaginary crosses.;)

View attachment 518314
It was certainly a good day out, and most enjoyable.
Thanks for the souvenir - it's a great picture.
She's never very far from our thoughts, is she?

Jollyrei RedLion01a detail.jpg

It was certainly a good day out, and most enjoyable.
Thanks for the souvenir - it's a great picture.
She's never very far from our thoughts, is she?

View attachment 518316

How is it that so many miscreants seem to have been crucified facing the wood? Is that a custom peculiar to the UK? Does it have anything to do with Brexit?

Back
Top Bottom