Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
I thought of putting these into Phlebas' "Great Pictures Found by..." thread, and then I thought that I didn't exactly "find" these pics. Nor are they technically CMCK Results, although they may have started that way.

So what we have here is a pictures made by me and others. I suppose I could have left them lying around where phlebas could find them and post them to his page, but that seemed like a roundabout approach and a lot of trouble.

I suppose my original thought for this thread was that it would be for things like:
  • manips alterred to look like paintings or other art forms (i.e. using photo filters)
  • manips whose subject matter is like a work of art (such as manips where a model is placed into an existing painting, or where the manip is made to look like a painting.
That said, I don't really see anyone doing a lot of curating, so if you make a picture and want to put it somewhere, and think this is a good spot, feel free.

Anyway, I've been playing around with photo filters for some of my other photo work, and thought I'd try it out for fun on some manips that I did a while ago. I rather liked the results, so I thought I would share them with you all and see what you thought.
View attachment 412656

This one reminds me a bit of Van Gough

Here's another one for which I cannot really claim much credit.
Makar's 'Making Movies - 2' is a black and white still from the early part of the 'Crux Forest' session.
I have never seen a colour version, so I colourised the monochrome image through 20 visible layers in Photoshop.

If there is an original colour version anywhere, it would be interesting to compare my results. :)

making_movies___2_by_makar013 200pc.jpgMaking Movies colourised1-200pc.jpg

Makar's 'Making Movies - 2' is a black and white still from the early part of the 'Crux Forest' session.
I have never seen a colour version, so I colourised the monochrome image through 20 visible layers in Photoshop.

If there is an original colour version anywhere, it would be interesting to compare my results. :)

View attachment 580553View attachment 580554
You are beyond comparison, Bo...:cool:

View attachment 580553View attachment 580554
The technical skill and time that took are evident. This is a work of art. It helps, when one is exploring and experimenting artistically, that one has a connection and keen interest in the subject. ;)
Splendid work, Bob!

The technical skill and time that took are evident. This is a work of art. It helps, when one is exploring and experimenting artistically, that one has a connection and keen interest in the subject. ;)
Splendid work, Bob!
Thanks very much, Jolly.
Actually it didn't take as long as I expected, once I got going with it.
And, as you say, it is more inspiring when you have an appealing subject to work with. :)

For the Feast Day of St. Alice (15 June) I decided to attempt an experiment using the figure from a low resolution video screen shot. There was no way of improving the level of detail, so for the sake of harmony, all other components were filtered in soft focus, using gaussian blur.

St. Alice of Schaerbeek (c. 1220–1250) was neither a martyr nor a stigmatic. Whilst a crux image may not therefore be entirely suitable, as the patron saint of the blind and paralyzed, I felt there was some justification for the resulting blurry image. Possibly the monochrome and sepia versions work best in presenting the style of a very old photograph.

Ivdaea Capta 25 GS.jpgIvdaea Capta 25 sepia-7-15g110.jpgIvdaea Capta 25.jpg

A powerful scene of anticipation, with dramatic lighting.
Well done, Jolly!
Many thanks. :)
For the Feast Day of St. Alice (15 June) I decided to attempt an experiment using the figure from a low resolution video screen shot. There was no way of improving the level of detail, so for the sake of harmony, all other components were filtered in soft focus, using gaussian blur.

St. Alice of Schaerbeek (c. 1220–1250) was neither a martyr nor a stigmatic. Whilst a crux image may not therefore be entirely suitable, as the patron saint of the blind and paralyzed, I felt there was some justification for the resulting blurry image. Possibly the monochrome and sepia versions work best in presenting the style of a very old photograph.

View attachment 595514View attachment 595515View attachment 595516
I can't quite work out why she was a saint, but your manips are as good an argument for it as anything. I'm sure the third one implies something miraculous, and Makar's Alice is certainly as close to a CF saint as we're going to get. Nicely done, Bob! :)

And just to keep things going here, a bit of a manip of what I imagined might be going on in this heatwave in the park across the road from my house. Just a late afternoon in the park. It helps if you imagine the Roman guard sweltering in 33C plus humidity. :D
Park1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom