First Crucifixion

Go to CruxDreams.com

Debbie

Magistrate
Pouring through all of the stuff here has really gotten to me. My boyfriend and I are going to try my first crucifixion this weekend. We have access to an old barn, so the beams in place already form a good cross, I think. I am going to be fastened with leather cuffs as neither of us really know the proper way to fasten me with ropes and leather cuffs should lessen the chance of damage to me a great deal. And I'm sure there will be some whipping involved as well.
My question is how long a period should I be crucified for? Everyone here who practices crucifixion has a first time, and I'm looking for your thoughts. Is there a certain time we should shoot for? Should I wait until I simply can't stand any more before I safe word? Is there a time that if I don't reach that I would be considered a failure? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
If I posted this in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Thanks!

In any BDSM play there should always be a safe word. If your feet are not supported there will be a lot of strain on your arms and your time hanging will be quite limited and that's when your safe word should come out.
There are a lot of comments on this in the thread "How Long Can You Take The Cross". Good luck to you and what a fortunate boyfriend you have.

In any BDSM play there should always be a safe word. If your feet are not supported there will be a lot of strain on your arms and your time hanging will be quite limited and that's when your safe word should come out.
There are a lot of comments on this in the thread "How Long Can You Take The Cross". Good luck to you and what a fortunate boyfriend you have.
No, we are going to use ankle cuffs as well and I will be hung so that my knees are bent when I am in the "down" position, enabling me to raise myself. From what I have been reading that will enable me to last longer. Thanks for the tip, I am checking out the "How Long Can You Take The Cross" thread. Maybe my boyfriend is fortunate, but I am as well.

Thank you.

One tip, not from actual crux-play experience but other kinds of physically demanding play,
be kind to yourself afterwards - even if you haven't, or don't feel you have, strained your muscles
during your crucifixion, they'll be tender and liable to hurt for a few days.
But it sounds as if you're going about it all very sensibly and safely,
enjoy! :clapping:

be kind to yourself afterwards
Yes, be kind to yourself,
s there a time that if I don't reach that I would be considered a failure?
don't think of it like that!!, just explore the experience, what it does with you. Don't make yourself reach for 'How long / hard must it be so that it fulfills some requirement' but just find out what sensations it sets running through you (both!), no matter the number of minutes, or of lashes, or such.

My question is how long a period should I be crucified for?

Not more than fifteen minutes...that may seem really short but it is likely you'll want to do it again and the risk goes up with each minute. Remember that crux is not a competitive sport, the remuneration is crap and the insurance cover non-existent. Really for a first time you might well want to aim at less than fifteen minutes as you will find all kinds of aches in all kinds of muscles that you did not necessarily know you had before the next day. Do remember a crucifixion is a stress position and these can cause serious injury, safety, safety, safety keep within your limits and a margin and you'll have the choice to do it again some time.

Everyone here who practices crucifixion has a first time, and I'm looking for your thoughts.

Oh I avoid thinking it makes me go a funny colour :p

Is there a certain time we should shoot for?

Not in the slightest, there is no crux league with sponsors and prize money. If it is not fun stop! Even if you just give the crux a hug you will do more than many people in the kink so no need to be competitive about it ;)

Should I wait until I simply can't stand any more before I safe word? Is there a time that if I don't reach that I would be considered a failure? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hell no, the body's notion of can't take any more can take you way past very real and long term injury. Remember crux likely caught your imagination as an instrument of torture, instruments of torture are meant to hurt people and by definition are not safe. Remember just trying it puts you ahead of a lot of people with the interest so there is no minimum, you could give the crux a hug and no more if you want :p

squitypeemot.gif

Pouring through all of the stuff here has really gotten to me. My boyfriend and I are going to try my first crucifixion this weekend. We have access to an old barn, so the beams in place already form a good cross, I think. I am going to be fastened with leather cuffs as neither of us really know the proper way to fasten me with ropes and leather cuffs should lessen the chance of damage to me a great deal. And I'm sure there will be some whipping involved as well.
My question is how long a period should I be crucified for? Everyone here who practices crucifixion has a first time, and I'm looking for your thoughts. Is there a certain time we should shoot for? Should I wait until I simply can't stand any more before I safe word? Is there a time that if I don't reach that I would be considered a failure? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Debbie! You will know!

There have been times that I could take it for a pretty long time and just work through the cramps and other times I just knew it wasn't the day for it. Also, if your legs are straight, then I'm sure you won't have to much trouble but if they are flat against the post and your knees are bent ... you will be surprised how fast things start to happen!

Hope this helps!

it is likely you'll want to do it again...
Even if you just give the crux a hug you will do more than many people in the kink so no need to be competitive about it
...If it is not fun stop!
Also, if your legs are straight, then I'm sure you won't have to much trouble but if they are flat against the post and your knees are bent ... you will be surprised how fast things start to happen!
Good advice there. Go into it slowly. There are different things to it, the suspension, the restraint, the position, the exposure, the ritual, so much more - if you already have experience with the strain of suspension, that's another thing; otherwise, well - there's pain that's part of something good and there's pain that just makes you want to stop it right now, and where the border between the two runs or how far it can be moved, that will be different for each of us, also how far you might want to cross it, but you shouldn't feel pressured to venture all too far right away, just because you've seen it or been shown it can be done 'that tough' on a photo or video somewhere, etc. If it's obviously too much on the first try, even if for your part you're willing to go on and try again, think of that your partner also might say, no way it's just too crazy... that's part of what RR means, I guess, about wanting to do it again.
So, for instance, you might try with some support at first, and explore that, and if you feel there's further to go, try the full suspension. Really what shouldn't be part of it, is some obligation to try to prove 'you're for real' for some other's measure. For real is what you experience together as you do it, if someone else wants to do it harder/longer whatever, that's got no impact on the truth of what you do.

I practice the crucifixion in rl , so, I agree with that ... Dont try to do a record : 1/4 of hour or 20mn are suffiscient for a first time ....

I think. I am going to be fastened with leather cuffs as neither of us really know the proper way to fasten me with ropes

Yes, if you dont know the ropes, I agree that leather cuffs will be good ...
And perhaps it's not needed to get whipping for the first time : a whipping is tirying and you could be too much exhausted to be crucified in safety ....
Remember that :
SAFETY does be the main thing that you do have in mind ...
But when you'll be crucified, try to think about the most beautiful pics that you could have seen here and there ...and trust your partner : he does have the responsability of your security ...

And HAVE a great fun !!!!!!! You'll tell us , I hope .....;););)

Wow, so many replies and so many helpful responses. Thanks to all of you for your advice and support. I have read the suggested posts and do find that they are informative. Obviously, I don't know exactly what to expect, but I am looking forward to the experience. I realize now that I shouldn't be concerned with length of crucifixion at this point. I think I'll ask my boyfriend to tell me when 15 minutes have passed (assuming I make it that far) and then perhaps wind things up. There is always the future if we want to push things further. And yes, I'll remember to be kind to myself afterward. I think we'll do the whipping though, perhaps not too severely, but just to get the effect of my whipped back rubbing against the wood. And yes, of course I'll check in and report afterward. Again thank you all so much!!

Thanks!

I'm jealous! But I would say go until your body demands you to stop, don't push it too far. Have fun!

I hope (for us) that the forgoing barncrucifixion will go on.
Once more I read about an announced cruxplay but nothing happened.
But I cannot influence other's activities, only wait for a sensual report...
Then we enjoy life to the fullest!

Wow, so many replies and so many helpful responses. Thanks to all of you for your advice and support. I have read the suggested posts and do find that they are informative. Obviously, I don't know exactly what to expect, but I am looking forward to the experience. I realize now that I shouldn't be concerned with length of crucifixion at this point. I think I'll ask my boyfriend to tell me when 15 minutes have passed (assuming I make it that far) and then perhaps wind things up. There is always the future if we want to push things further. And yes, I'll remember to be kind to myself afterward. I think we'll do the whipping though, perhaps not too severely, but just to get the effect of my whipped back rubbing against the wood. And yes, of course I'll check in and report afterward. Again thank you all so much!!

Yes, don't put too much expectation on it, don't set times or targets, it's not a competition. Let it reveal itself to you.
It's an experience, and it can be transforming. However long you stay up there, it will stay with you for some time after. Go gently to begin with, you will be asking a lot of some parts of your body. But the reward is worth it, liberating, revealing, freeing. You will feel alive, stretched, bound yet free of care. Let yourself enter the experience, and trust your partner to look after you.
And be safe, the longer you do this the more you can push yourself, don't try to do too much.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
I hope (for us) that the forgoing barncrucifixion will go on.
Once more I read about an announced cruxplay but nothing happened.
But I cannot influence other's activities, only wait for a sensual report...
Then we enjoy life to the fullest!
I'm going to do it, and I'm going to report on it, why wouldn't I? Perhaps the report will be sensual. Just remember though that the report might say that I safe worded after one minute and then ran for the hills.

Back
Top Bottom