For Hanging And Noose Lovers!

Go to CruxDreams.com
Love that scene, pretty dress, no knickers.

Don't quite understand why her hands were free in some, tied in others. Two versions? But hands free gives a better visual show; I can't imagine it would help many escape.
Grabbing the rope and loosening the halter isn't an option. The multiple turn knot was tied that way for a reason. It locks and is devilishly hard to loosen!
265092.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For artists, I suspect most western lynchings, free enterprise capital punishment, were carried out with a cowboys rope. Those are finger thick and have a pre tied loop at one end. Few would trouble to tie the hangman noose as the object of the exercise was simply to make the criminal DEAD
I agree, also the british never used such a noose
It amuses me when I see the 'Hangmans noose' used in a british execution!

These are what they used. They are both genuine, used hangmans tools

Attachments

• Noose1.jpg
    Noose1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 816
  • noose9.jpg
    noose9.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 545
For artists, I suspect most western lynchings, free enterprise capital punishment, were carried out with a cowboys rope. Those are finger thick and have a pre tied loop at one end. Few would trouble to tie the hangman noose as the object of the exercise was simply to make the criminal DEAD
For those who work outdoors a regulation noose is excellent for pipe or posts !!

Actually they did. What you're showing are 1900 vintage used for prison executions with a long drop
View attachment 479818 View attachment 479820
Yes, I am aware of that but nowhere that I have read has it being said that the English, even the navy, used the 'hangmans knot.' And I have read quite extensively.
Not saying that they haven't but never read that they did.
Oh, that includes Canada and New Zealand. Not read so much about Australia.

Bump

First_Bite_1.jpg First_Bite_3.jpg last_breath_of_poison.jpg Arch_Stanton_Conversation2.jpg The_Onlookers_2_.jpg Stillness_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom