From My Archive 1999 To ?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Threads like this are great for bringing these works to the attention of a new audience.
Thanks Phlebas. #5 looks like Welsh Webb's Raevyn, although I have not seen this particular image before.
It would be interesting to see the entire Raevyn crux series some time (or is there more than one?) :)

Thanks Phlebas. #5 looks like Welsh Webb's Raevyn, although I have not seen this particular image before.
It would be interesting to see the entire Raevyn crux series some time (or is there more than one?) :)
Yeas, Raevyn"s series is amazing, as Welsh Webb"s other works. It will be nice to see more of them:)

They were a big hit on the old Crux group. Threads like this are great for bringing these works to the attention of a new audience.

More from 2003 - though the Arcimboldo is dated 2001 it was in my 2003 folder for some reason and hey, it's a great pic. One somewhat gruesome male crux as well

View attachment 571127View attachment 571128View attachment 571129View attachment 571130View attachment 571131View attachment 571132View attachment 571133View attachment 571134View attachment 571135View attachment 571136

That man in the second last pic, how did he get there ????

:aaaaa: Ha! That's yours truly with Tom Cruise's head, with Anya of the old Crux group (Yahoo era?) hanging on the cross. Come to think of it, that's also one of my earliest manips. :smile:

Gotta save a copy of that, too, along with the beautiful shot of Welsh Webb's Venus (5th from left). How on earth did I lose all these goodies from my computer!

Thanks for being such an excellent hoarder, Phleb! :tonguecrazy:

Nope...that's Venus, not Raevyn. Another shot from the same series was used for this manip: https://mahashiva001.deviantart.com/art/Die-englische-Damsel-701742051. And she also appears here, although not on the cross: https://mahashiva001.deviantart.com/art/Newly-Discovered-Photos-from-WWII-2-691260877.

It"s interesting, is there any manip with Raevyn? There are a few nice manips with Shannon, but with Raevyn I"ve never seen.

Raevyn is indeed absolutely beautiful--and an excellent model to portray the ordeal of the cross. Those photos Welsh Webb did of her are classics in the field and would be great materials for manips. However, she is WW's ex-girlfriend, not just a model, and I remember WW asking people to keep the pics "in the family" back then. That's probably a big part of why there is no manips featuring her.

Raevyn is indeed absolutely beautiful--and an excellent model to portray the ordeal of the cross. Those photos Welsh Webb did of her are classics in the field and would be great materials for manips. However, she is WW's ex-girlfriend, not just a model, and I remember WW asking people to keep the pics "in the family" back then. That's probably a big part of why there is no manips featuring her.
Thanks for this info also, Shiva - not being aware, I might easily have made a 'prohibited' manipulation! :eek:

Good to know WW's wishes have been respected for so long. :)

Yeas, maybe it"s a reason. Thanks for info.

That's a great pic, Eul, and one I haven't seen before! It does have a very WWI feel to it, did he serve in the Holy Land? Very very interesting. I love these little known crux pieces that show up like this, pity the final work is lost.
Norman Lindsay was an interesting fellow, his house is now a museum, up in the Blue Mountains within day trip territory from here.

Here are some more from 2000

View attachment 489201View attachment 489202View attachment 489203View attachment 489204View attachment 489205View attachment 489206View attachment 489207View attachment 489208View attachment 489209View attachment 489210

The 6th one has such an amazing background that enhances the lady on her cross. I also liked to see one carrying her cross. Do not see many of those.

I love the smoothness and shading of the 4th one, the 8th one is a great representation of a fantasy, and the body painting is amazing.

I love the drawing in the first. Then there is the crucifixion of the lady in water is unique by providing a mirror which makes you wonder what she is thinking forced into staring at her own reflection while on the cross.

Back
Top Bottom