From My Archive 1999 To ?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Two from WelshWebb
Thanks Phlebas. I do not recall seeing these Welsh Webbs before. I cannot see her face, although the physical proportions and image quality suggest early work with Shannon? Do you have any more?

Strix published a set of very striking crux drawings around that time. Someone on the old Crux group said it was as if he had crucified an entire female track and field team. Here's a selection.

Ah, Strix. :)

What a genius!

Someone who could work magic with a pencil and a dream! :)

View attachment 521345

I've only just noticed this, an excitingly vigorous crucifixion from what looks like a 1930s Hollywood Roman epic -
anyone know which? (Google comes up with Finnish baseball - I don't think that's quite right :p)

PS ah - I see the title, it's Fabiola, a 1918 silent film made in Italy, dir. Enrico Guazzoni - they didn't mess about in those days!

Thanks Phlebas. I do not recall seeing these Welsh Webbs before. I cannot see her face, although the physical proportions and image quality suggest early work with Shannon? Do you have any more?

Hi Bob, I believe they are Raevyn, an early model of his.

RaeCrux5CopyA.jpg raevyn bares the cross01.jpg Raevyn Bears the Cross02.jpg Raevyn bound for trouble.jpg Raevyn Crucified01.jpg Raevyn Crucified03.jpg Raevyn Crucified04.jpg Raevyn In trouble01.jpg Raevyn In trouble02.jpg Raevyn stretched on the Cross.jpg

View attachment 521345

I've only just noticed this, an excitingly vigorous crucifixion from what looks like a 1930s Hollywood Roman epic -
anyone know which? (Google comes up with Finnish baseball - I don't think that's quite right :p)

PS ah - I see the title, it's Fabiola, a 1918 silent film made in Italy, dir. Enrico Guazzoni - they didn't mess about in those days!

Both versions are good, the 1949 has exposed flesh :)

Fabiola2-150m60.jpg Fabiola3-150m66.jpg fabiola121.jpg christian-execution-scene-fabiola-1949-BPA2FT.jpg
(first three from my archive, #4 just now from the web)

Back
Top Bottom