Galley Slaves Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
With a low cost company, exploiting the cabin crew?:eek::confused:
With a low cost company, exploiting the cabin crew?:eek::confused:
According to some old Norse manuscripts, Leif had trouble getting anyone to fund his trip to "Vinland." So he stopped in the Norse community on Orkney for supplies. He was told there that there were excellent female rowers on the east mainland, called "Suðreyjar" So he conducted a raid and used those Scottish lassies to row to the new world (and used them for some other purposes:cool:)

According to some old Norse manuscripts, Leif had trouble getting anyone to fund his trip to "Vinland." So he stopped in the Norse community on Orkney for supplies. He was told there that there were excellent female rowers on the east mainland, called "Suðreyjar" So he conducted a raid and used those Scottish lassies to row to the new world (and used for some other purposes:cool:)
So, one of Eul's ancenstors could have been on board?;)

640687-042fb03b035b1d75ad665fdd37dac655.jpg
And judging from the complaining of the ladies, Barb's ancestor was there too. They probably left her behind in America for that reason!:rolleyes:

And judging from the complaining of the ladies, Barb's ancestor was there too. They probably left her behind in America for that reason!:rolleyes:
They tried to. But the natives threatened to slaughter every Norseman if they left Anatha se Companning (Algonquin for "she never stops complaing!) behind

According to some old Norse manuscripts, Leif had trouble getting anyone to fund his trip to "Vinland." So he stopped in the Norse community on Orkney for supplies. He was told there that there were excellent female rowers on the east mainland, called "Suðreyjar" So he conducted a raid and used those Scottish lassies to row to the new world (and used them for some other purposes:cool:)

The people of Orkney probably told Leif Erikson that tale to get rid of him, so he did not take their wives or daughters.
But the women might have been good rowers anyway, after all "Bum Boat women" used to row out to ships, and Grace Darling went out with her dad to rescue passengers and crew from a wrecked steamship.
http://primaryfacts.com/1117/grace-darling-facts-and-interesting-information/

The people of Orkney probably told Leif Erikson that tale to get rid of him, so he did not take their wives or daughters.
But the women might have been good rowers anyway, after all "Bum Boat women" used to row out to ships, and Grace Darling went out with her dad to rescue passengers and crew from a wrecked steamship.
Good points, but women slave rowers from anywhere are good when you have a good drummer and whipper. They learn fast!:span1::span1:

These are clearly trainees!:D

Indeed, pair #4 have caught a crab, a common misfortune of novices -
and quite a dangerous one if it happens in a race,
but nothing that a good whipping won't cure!
They are very 1920s style - even with no clothes on,
their hairstyles, lip-styles and lower hairstyles were all the rage!

Being naked in those Northern waters would not be good, even rowing hard the girls would soon become chilled and hypothermic.
The power output would soon drop to Zero.
See:
Storm in The Labrador Sea
Who know (and tell me) Interpret and Title of this remarkable music. I named it "Voice of Sirens".

Attachments

• Voice of Sirens.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 157
If he is, then he does have the musical talent to make a victim sing!

Assuming I had a voice anybody WANTED to hear sing! Maybe he'd whip me so I wouldn't sing.

I'm tone deaf but my voice is loud (had to learn to get a word in edge wise when my brothers were around) so the Nuns used to just ask me to mouth the words in church so I didn't pull the other kids off key.

kisses

willowfall

Assuming I had a voice anybody WANTED to hear sing! Maybe he'd whip me so I wouldn't sing.

I'm tone deaf but my voice is loud (had to learn to get a word in edge wise when my brothers were around) so the Nuns used to just ask me to mouth the words in church so I didn't pull the other kids off key.

kisses

willowfall
Precisely the same here. I love music and singing, loud and tone deaf. In a group of 150 at college, I was singled out to mouth words because I had pulled all the others off key.

Years later, I was at the house of the music director at our church, the kindest most gentle person who ever lived. He wanted me in the choir. I tried to sing a few notes, and he groaned! "Please, ----, never sing out loud in our church!"

Back
Top Bottom