Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
Aww, it was nothing - just a little selective Gaussian Blur in Photoshop.
And I do like a challenge! :D

As others have observed, you have a flair for combining suitable components and lighting, producing some very convincing and atmospheric images.

Thanks for posting your manips here - I also enjoy the little narrative explanations.
Have you thought of posting in Eul's thread, Short Crux stories
- I am sure they will be well received. :)

Thanks, Bob! I just checked out that thread, and it does look like a more suitable place for these. Now I know. :) Back in the heydays of the Crux Group/Crux Foundation, I did write quite a few short crux stories, and they must be still lying around somewhere in a dusty folder on my hard drive...

As to the suitable components in manips, well, as I always say--I don't have a whole lot of Photoshop tricks up my sleeve (unlike out old friends Damian and Arcimboldo), but the one thing I have plenty of is patience. Sometimes I sit on a good background pic for years just waiting for the right gal to come along--or vice versa.

And Eulalia died happily, having managed to smuggle an ablative absolute into her translation of Barbaria's defiant dying words:
'Vae tibi Roma! Matres sororesque etiamque filias tuas defendere defecisti, nunc et eas se defendere deficientis punies' :)

And now we hear from Barbaria again via Google Translate: "Woe to Rome! Mothers and sisters to continue to defend your daughters fainted now and punish failing to defend itself." :lol:

Here we go...straight out of the oven! Kind of a sneak preview for my fellow cross-lovers; I'll probably be doing some more fine-tuning on it before posting it on DeviantArt. But first of all, many thanks to our friend Bobinder for helping me get rid of some pesky scan lines in the background photo (a TV screenshot, really)! I have no idea how he did it--apparently something very high-tech that involved the mathematical theories of Johann Carl Friedrich Gauss. :eyepop:

View attachment 641302

For their brief "collaboration" with Spartacus, Barbaria and Eulalia ended up paying a heavy price a few months later. After the final defeat of Spartacus' army in the Battle of the Silarius River, they became a part of the gruesome spectacle that Marcus Licinius Crassus set up along the Appian Way, where more than 6,000 of the captured rebels were crucified.

After four days of unspeakable suffering on the cross, it was reported, Barbaria laid a bitter curse on Rome in her dying breath. According to historian Bobbius Nearledus Cruciatus, her last words were: "Woe onto thee, Rome! Thou that hast failed to defend thy mothers, sisters and daughters, and art now punishing them for failing to defend themselves!"

It would take more than 500 years, but eventually Barbaria and Eulalia were able to exact their revenge on Rome. In the 5th century A.D., the descendants of Barbaria and their followers, known historically as the Barbarians, overran the Western Roman Empire and repeatedly sacked the city, finally abolishing the empire in the year 476.

Shiva, you've done some very striking work lately, not in-your-face crux, but beautiful stories waiting to be told. Like Bob sas, you have a flair for getting the best out of your ingredients! This one, and the girl emerging from the city gates, are really beautiful. I like the recent Yupat manip as well, and I bet she likes it too!

Thanks, Bob! I just checked out that thread, and it does look like a more suitable place for these. Now I know. :) Back in the heydays of the Crux Group/Crux Foundation, I did write quite a few short crux stories, and they must be still lying around somewhere in a dusty folder on my hard drive..

Drawings and stories is what I remember you for in those days. I still remember one you did of an Israeli girl falling into the wrong hands. I may have them in my archive somewhere, if you can't find them.

I do love the work you are producing these days, you've changed and progressed. I still plow the same furrow!

And now we hear from Barbaria again via Google Translate: "Woe to Rome! Mothers and sisters to continue to defend your daughters fainted now and punish failing to defend itself." :lol:

Always complaining, that Barb!
(we wouldn't want her any other way)

Thank you, Phleb! The pic your were referring to must be this one, using an actual photo of dA member Wendy010: Wendy-Rome.jpg

Not a pic of "in-your-face crux," as you said, but I guess the beautiful sight in the distance does make it on-topic for this forum, :)

The story about the Israeli girl (an IDF girl-soldier, to be exact) has been reposted on dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mahashiva001/art/Yael-s-Ordeal-637899885. As you might recall, it was one of your pieces that inspired it. I hope you still have it to share with us again!

All the good times we had back then... :)

Now while we are at it, here's a somewhat recent news photo featuring another captured IDF girl-soldier, who happens to be popular nude model Keira Grant, another dA fixture: download.jpg

An ablative absolute is a construction in Latin and Oscan and Umbrian in which an independent phrase with a noun in the ablative case has a participle, adjective, or noun, expressed or implied, which agrees with it in gender, number and case – both words forming a clause grammatically unconnected with the rest of the sentence.

Now you know :confused:
No, I still don't think I do, but it sounds nice. :rolleyes::oops::confused:

Thank you, Phleb! The pic your were referring to must be this one, using an actual photo of dA member Wendy010: View attachment 642465

Not a pic of "in-your-face crux," as you said, but I guess the beautiful sight in the distance does make it on-topic for this forum, :)

The story about the Israeli girl (an IDF girl-soldier, to be exact) has been reposted on dA: https://www.deviantart.com/mahashiva001/art/Yael-s-Ordeal-637899885. As you might recall, it was one of your pieces that inspired it. I hope you still have it to share with us again!

All the good times we had back then... :)

Now while we are at it, here's a somewhat recent news photo featuring another captured IDF girl-soldier, who happens to be popular nude model Keira Grant, another dA fixture: View attachment 642466

Yep, that's the one.

It's good to have you back Shiva :)
Must drop you a line and see what's happening with you.

Now, before I forget, it's Friiiiiiidaaaaaaay

goblin_crucifier_by_nidrog-dcp26bf.jpglonely_cross_in_the_woods___brice___by_loum_rote-dcp6ill.jpgja108-2.jpgww10.jpgja106.jpgJustineVidCaps01320411.jpgJustineMakingOfDay19_21021.jpgJustine-16.jpgSamoan Women.jpgplaatsen_eikogirl2.jpg

Yep, that's the one.

It's good to have you back Shiva :)
Must drop you a line and see what's happening with you.

Now, before I forget, it's Friiiiiiidaaaaaaay

View attachment 642820View attachment 642821View attachment 642822View attachment 642823View attachment 642824View attachment 642825View attachment 642826View attachment 642827View attachment 642828View attachment 642829

The 2nd picture has a nice way of portraying the way of the sunlight that highlights the crucifixtion :)

Back
Top Bottom