Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
679695-fee4fbdd3e433f77869ee6a7f0c1b0a7.jpg
At last - a crucifix in which the weight of the body actually appears to be suspended from the taut, outstretched arms!
Work by contemporary sculptor, Kate Viner. Do you have any more info on this one?

Great find, Phlebas! :D

Last edited:
All things can be 'perverted' from their original intention. Much of the perversion is based on the people at the receiving end and how they perceive what is meant.

My step-father was a locally well know artist so my parents got invited to a lot of parties that were out of their economic league. One night I went with them to meet an author who was going to be in attendance (I've never read any of his work but I wanted to talk to him about how he derived his inspirations). I watch as a woman spent 1/2 an hour telling the author what his latest book was all about. And when she finished his response was "I've never thought of it that way. Very interesting."

Another time I was at my poetry society and the girls had one of the older guys read a piece written by an 18 year old guy about how he used fucking women to please himself and didn't care about them. I saw the shocked look as the guy read the piece on the women's faces and wondered why. At the bar afterwards they were all commenting on how they had never heard the poem read that way and how it was so different from when young men read it. Then one of the women said, "I know what the difference is. For the first time we heard an older man read it as if he was looking back on mistakes he had made, wrongs he had done, things he realized he shouldn't have done as he gained wisdom around life. The young men who read the poem don't have that experience or wisdom yet."

Just because something was created with propaganda in mind (even by an evil group) doesn't mean it isn't provocative or even a reflection of reality.

I think we need to be as tolerant as possible because let's face it, to a lot of people, we (this group) would be considered blasphemous and perverted.

kisses

willowfall
Great statement Willowfall.

View attachment 634845

'The young woman awaits her turn to be crucified,
while contemplating the agony of her sister Ligura
and her husband, the rebel leader,
already hanging on their crosses as punishment for their rebellion against Rome.'
This image caught my attention right away. Aren't the condemned spectators, also?
I don't think it's easy to catch and express the emotions of the condemned, but it works very well here.
You've got the soldiers and the victims at the site, but the victims are emotionally separated in desolation
amongst this group of people. Independent from the fact if naked, already executed on the cross, or just about to.
The woman on the ground can get a good idea of what will be done to her. I like that......

Last edited:
This image caught my attention right away. Aren't the condemned spectators, also?
I don't think it's easy to catch and express the emotions of the condemned, but it works very well here.
You've got the soldiers and the victims at the site, but the victims are emotionally separated in desolation
amongst this group of people. Independent from the fact if naked, already executed on the cross, or just about to.
The woman on the ground can get a good idea of what will be done to her. I like that......
Quite right, being made to watch is an additional punishment -
I wonder why the younger girl is kept till last?
Maybe she was captured and tried to keep secret where her sister and brother-in-law were hiding,
but broke under torture, and now has to witness the suffering of the ones she betrayed ...

Maybe she was captured and tried to keep secret where her sister and brother-in-law were hiding,
but broke under torture, and now has to witness the suffering of the ones she betrayed ...
Nah, nothing so dramatic. She's young and pretty. Lots of the lads wanted a go at her before she ends up on a cross. Takes some time, that.:rolleyes::facepalm: The picture is misleading - it suggests that she watched everything, but she was actually far too "busy" to watch. She is only now realizing the gravity of her predicament. :eek::devil:

What a deliciously stimulating conjecture, Eul. You come up with real gems

Hm, we don't see the whole scenery. Just the victims and the soldiers.

If I was ordered to crucify the three, I had nailed them one by one, too. I can eventually have them coming in like they got flogged.

Well possible that time just played a minor role to the Legionaires. If so, there was no need to hurry and to execute them all together.
Given the fact that you want to do that simultaneously, you'd need three executioners and nine more soldiers, to raise the nailed together. Extra tools, additional ladders maybe, and thus more men to secure the site.

Let's do it one by one. Three soldiers can still guard the victims waiting, and the others can take care of the spectators.
Additional benefit for the spectators, the whole crucifixion is generating a longer, thrilling and entertaining timespan.........

If I was ordered, like I said:firedevil:.

Last edited:
Looks like when the lizard people take over, the Kardashians are gonna be in trouble. ;)

Hehe :D
I have some unfinished Kim Kardashian crux manips somewhere, must do something with them.
I believe Kardashian pere was a hollywood lawyer, I know he defended OJ. So I've always wondered, was the name for the alien Cardashians of Star Trek Deep Space Nine inspired by Robert Kardashian? This was before the girls became famous in their own right.
11280362-6835241-image-a-22_1553182829487.jpg220px-Guldukat.jpg

This girl knows what she wants
met-art_err_147_18.jpgmet-art_err_147_16.jpgmet-art_err_147_15.jpgmet-art_err_147_3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom