Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
Bizarrely, I always had her down as an executioner...

I'm kicking myself that I hadn't seen that resemblance, Bob. I love the pic that this girl comes from, one of my favourites of yours, with the all girl cast and the hint of Amazonian action. I'd love to see you do more with that scene/story, but I know it's not so easy with manips to sustain them over a series of pics.
I would love to see you do more pics like this, with other figures. Crux with guards and/or onlookers. Lovers and mockers.
Give it some thought :)

I'm kicking myself that I hadn't seen that resemblance, Bob. I love the pic that this girl comes from, one of my favourites of yours, with the all girl cast and the hint of Amazonian action. I'd love to see you do more with that scene/story, but I know it's not so easy with manips to sustain them over a series of pics.
I would love to see you do more pics like this, with other figures. Crux with guards and/or onlookers. Lovers and mockers.
Give it some thought :)
It wasn't intended to be obvious but it was an interesting challenge to do a multi figure composition. I am hoping to do more when time permits. I keep getting ideas which sometimes produce rough mock-ups and so I have several projects on the go simultaneously. This tends to slow down the finishing process for any of them, but keep looking out for the new ones. Will try attaching high res Gomez!

Attachments

• Via Appia 9 etude 1b.jpg
    Via Appia 9 etude 1b.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 400
It wasn't intended to be obvious but it was an interesting challenge to do a multi figure composition. I am hoping to do more when time permits. I keep getting ideas which sometimes produce rough mock-ups and so I have several projects on the go simultaneously. This tends to slow down the finishing process for any of them, but keep looking out for the new ones. Will try attaching high res Gomez!
You will not believe the manip this picture inspired!

It put me back more than a day of writing and burned GBs off the temp file... well worth it!!!

I should point out that we have a rule against using celebrities in manips. The current ones are OK, but a crux would be against the rule.
Who is the celebrity??? (honest innocent question... I don't do movie channels, subscribe to 'People' magazine or read British tabloids...

Speaking of celebrities why is my picture allowed???

tree just tree.jpg

...oh, you thought I was going to post that picture did you, my chick-a-dee..

Tree

Who is the celebrity??? (honest innocent question... I don't do movie channels, subscribe to 'People' magazine or read British tabloids...

Speaking of celebrities why is my picture allowed???

View attachment 345257

...oh, you thought I was going to post that picture did you, my chick-a-dee..

Tree
A celebrity is anyone who might sue the ass off you :rolleyes:

I was reading this article
https://theconversation.com/was-jesus-really-nailed-to-the-cross-56321
and came across this:

"But Romans did not always nail crucifixion victims to their crosses, and instead sometimes tied them in place with rope. In fact, the only archaeological evidence for the practice of nailing crucifixion victims is an ankle bone from the tomb of Jehohanan, a man executed in the first century CE."

There seems to be an equal if not greater lack of archaeological evidence for using ropes!

I should point out that we have a rule against using celebrities in manips. The current ones are OK, but a crux would be against the rule.
Yes, I'm aware but sometimes there is a question of what makes a celebrity? E.g. Britney Spears has already used a Ramon Martinez POAG image for a manip and other stars have come close to similar. And of course there are those Femjoy celebrities who did it for real!

and came across this:

"But Romans did not always nail crucifixion victims to their crosses, and instead sometimes tied them in place with rope. In fact, the only archaeological evidence for the practice of nailing crucifixion victims is an ankle bone from the tomb of Jehohanan, a man executed in the first century CE."

There seems to be an equal if not greater lack of archaeological evidence for using ropes!
The 1968 Givat-har-Mitvar excavations did cause something of a sensation when Jehohanan's ossuary was found to contain a bent nail. The reason that this crucial piece of evidence has survived is that it penetrated the bone and was impossible to extract post mortem. Two thousand years is a bit late for any autopsy to categorically determine cause of death by crucifixion, especially since the vital evidence of nails and ropes could usually be withdrawn leaving no trace on the skeletal remains. The site was an ancient Jewish cemetery, revealed by new construction and the archaeologists had only a brief window of opportunity before the remains had to be re-interred. Nevertheless it does represent a landmark in cruxology.

and came across this:

:devil:

There's a single piece of literary evidence in favour of crucifixion with ropes: http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/what-inspired-you-to-like-crucifixion.4915/page-5#post-225557

However, Xenophon of Ephesus needed it for the plot of his 'pulp-scroll' fiction; if I recall correctly, someone was escaping from the cross and couldn't be too messed up in the immediate aftermath.

Modern paperback writers are not to be relied upon when discussing the finer points of justice system and capital punishment; I think it was even worse c. 1800 years ago, when no one could check on the Net the details of latest executions in Aegyptus.

:devil:

There's a single piece of literary evidence in favour of crucifixion with ropes: http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/what-inspired-you-to-like-crucifixion.4915/page-5#post-225557

However, Xenophon of Ephesus needed it for the plot of his 'pulp-scroll' fiction; if I recall correctly, someone was escaping from the cross and couldn't be too messed up in the immediate aftermath.

Modern paperback writers are not to be relied upon when discussing the finer points of justice system and capital punishment; I think it was even worse c. 1800 years ago, when no one could check on the Net the details of latest executions in Aegyptus.

Yes, sadly there are no contemporary manuals of crux. I started writing a story years ago where such a document was discovered, I must dig it out and finish it sometime.

Anyway, here's a video for a change

Back
Top Bottom