Hammerlock's Crucifixion drawings

Go to CruxDreams.com
Great to have these brought together, a fine tribute to Hammerlock
(we last heard from him in Dec 2011, when he knew he was terminally ill)

His eye for cruelly significant detail, and ability to capture it with deft drawing,
has hardly been equalled. In a way, the one that affects me most is the very first -

0kg_Resolute....jpg

'Resolute' - for me, that says it all!

a last one
Hammerlock's text: The procession to her own personal Golgotha is ready, except for one last detail. Karyn's hair is pulled back and secured behind her head, so that she cannot hide her face in it and so escape the gaze of the waiting crowds. And then, carrying her crossbeam to which she is bound, she begins the first step on the Journey of the Penitent....

hair.jpg
A nice touch! And when my hair's tied back,
it doesn't tangle with the Whip,
nothing protects my bare body ....

The sedile is just another spike. Never seen that before.
Oh yes, in my fantasies, while there may be more elaborate versions,
a big, hefty nail hammered in just under my crotch
is all I need - or deserve - for a sedile,
horribly uncomfortable, but so it should be....

These values are clearly a pity to destroy them after they are posted. But where to put it in a small budget?
There ought to be a place where you can send in such works by post. A real mailbox, for example. And from the submitted artworks will be a collection. And this collection would then have been in a "crucifixions Museum" will be exhibited. Where should be the location? Suggestions?

His eye for cruelly significant detail, and ability to capture it with deft drawing,
has hardly been equalled. In a way, the one that affects me most is the very first -

this one was another great one
nailed_2g-001b-jpg.690

I can do that...
Hammerlock passed away during a time when I wasn't on the forum for several years.
He had mentioned it before but at the time I was there it still seemed under control.
I remember getting into some heated but honest discussions with him about some depictions.
He was very honest here, but he felt the need to destroy his drawings after scanning and posting them here.

So here is a memorial of his very strong visions and desires that he needed to find a place to share.

We'll ever know only this side of him, not the entire other personality behind that.

Not all of his pictures speak to me.

But the selections by Eulalia and Montycrusto are well made.

I did download his contributions as they happened, regardless of like or dislike, because of his habit of destroying them.

I don't have near-infinite archives of crux art as some others do but I do have a little poison cabinet/treasure chest of drawings.
I guess I like drawings because on one side there's very much of the individual personality of the artist in them but also much room for my own imagination. Maybe my ever favorites are from a mystery artist (un)known as Mailnan, I've propagandized them beginning [here]...

Thanks Malins - I've downloaded it now (it took a few minutes) and had a quick look, it's a beautiful anthology, a lovely tribute to Hammerlock, his images are all the more impressive on full A4 size pages. I'll put it in our Archive.

Last edited:
NAILED!

[attachment=2:1vaircv0]Nailed_2_.jpg[/attachment:1vaircv0]Here's Karyn carrying her cross (the entire thing--why make it easy for her?) to the hilltop where her destiny awaits. If she moves any slower, I'm going to have to start flogging her...

[attachment=1:1vaircv0]Nailed_2_m.jpg[/attachment:1vaircv0]Stretched out on her cross on the hot desert ground, she can't help but gaze at the cruel spikes that will soon pin her to her cross. There are the three spikes, one for each wrist and one through both feet. But where will the largest spike be hammered? - we had a long discussion about that back then :lol:

[attachment=0:1vaircv0]Nailed_2a.jpg[/attachment:1vaircv0]
I love the fear in her face lookin at those nails!

Back
Top Bottom