Helmut's Thread

Go to CruxDreams.com

helmut

Administrator
Staff member
Hay Guys,
Makar and Image Maker, that is. It's great to see the Forum site back on line. Many thanks Gentlemen.
How sweat it is.

Helmut

Attachments

• Helmut & Apostate pw.jpg
    Helmut & Apostate pw.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 9,717
To all of you who have enjoyed viewing my work on this site,
It's going to take some time but during the next few weeks I hope to restore all of the pictures I had posted here. Everything was backed up and I think I remember what Apostate had posted here too. So if you didn't get it the first time you'll have another opportunity.
Helmut
The re-posting will start here:

Apostate has agreed to allow me the privilege of opening a thread here to display my pictures. I hesitate to use the word art for all the obvious reasons although it has been said that some teachers of fine art at legitimate schools use a version of Poser 4 to teach sculpture. I also draw and paint a little; age has been taking its toll of late and while I still manage to produce an occasional work it's slow going, so most of what you see here will be Poser renderings.

Administrative matters:
The Pictures in this thread are my property and I post them here for your enjoyment. Feel free to download them for your private use but under no circumstances are they to be posted to another site without my specific permission.
Also it should be noted that not all of my pictures will be CRX and some might be drawn as opposed to being generated in Poser.
I also feel that I should add that my pictures do not reflect private thoughts of gender discrimination or a dislike of women by me or any other individual associated with this thread or the site. In fact I love women, there is nothing in nature quite as beautiful as the form of the adult human female, a nude woman is like a flower at its very best, and my thoughts are only to display that beauty to its best possible advantage.
None of the characters appearing in my pictures are meant to depict an actual person, living or dead, with the exception of two avatars that have appeared in some recent postings, and these avatars are meant to depict only Apostate630 and me, Helmut.
If one of my characters reminds you of someone then enjoy the fruit of you imagination remembering it's just a coincidence that the image may resemble a living person. I've always loved drawing and art in general and when in my senior years I discovered Poser it was like a gift from the gods. The trouble is all the Poser characters start out looking alike and nudity only adds to the difficulty of making them individuals. So in most cases a Poser artist is working to make the characters different and occasionally there might be a slight resemblance to someone as these adjustments are made.

One final note: I've had pictures in this site for around four years but they're gone now. As things progress here I'll do what I can to get them posted again.
Helmut

Attachments

• 001 Tied on Double.jpg
    001 Tied on Double.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 10,537
  • 002 Crx for two.jpg
    002 Crx for two.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 10,218
Here are a few ink drawings from a project I'm working on, it's easier to just do some thing in Poser, but I wanted these to be different, like conceptual drawings, so when I publish the work will still seem fresh.
Working in Poser can be difficult at times, depending on the complexity of the scene, and that's the way I think of it as a movie scene. The more stuff you have in it the longer it takes Poser to render the pix. I'm on my 3rd. generation of computers for Poser; on generation 1 large pix were impossible. On generation 2 some pix took up to 3 hours. On generation 3 I have it down to under an hour and in many cases a mater of minutes. Then the "post work" (touching up) can begin.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 005 01 My Wonder Lady.jpg
    005 01 My Wonder Lady.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 9,412
  • 004 03  CRX.jpg
    004 03 CRX.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 9,542
  • 003 02  Naked in Chains.jpg
    003 02 Naked in Chains.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 9,424
The last two pix are Xena and Gabriel on judgment day and a Valkyrie rides to bring them to Valhalla.
In the First we have Wonder Lady in color, I've always enjoyed comics but there is something about black and white.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 008 My Wonder Lady in costume Colored drawing.jpg
    008 My Wonder Lady in costume Colored drawing.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 9,692
  • 007 Judgement Day 02.jpg
    007 Judgement Day 02.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 10,256
  • 006 Judgement Day 04.jpg
    006 Judgement Day 04.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 10,479
The drawing is related to the second pix in this thread, but the full color rendering appears on another site so I made this drawing to put here. The drawing by the way was made in the manner of Inking an illustration so it is a drawing and not a computer generated replica. Later on when I have a drawing ready I"ll put a computer replica and an Inked drawing side by side to show the difference.
Some of my stuff is on pay sites, so what I"m going to do is this: When a pix I want to use appears on another site I'm going to put a drawing of that pix here. That should assure that no one becomes upset with me.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 009 Tied on Double w Guards.jpg
    009 Tied on Double w Guards.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 9,633
These three Pix were done for this thread. A night time scene makes for a very fast render in Poser.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 012 Night crx 03.jpg
    012 Night crx 03.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 9,773
  • 011 Night crx 02.jpg
    011 Night crx 02.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 9,816
  • 010 Night crx 01.jpg
    010 Night crx 01.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 9,865
I've decided to add pictures to my previously posted work so most of you will probably want to go back and check. By adding a pix the next group of three will include two that were very popular before the site went down and I thought it would be better to keep them together.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 014 crx rope & nails.jpg
    014 crx rope & nails.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 9,854
  • 013.1Cavalera 1.0.JPG
    013.1Cavalera 1.0.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 9,741
  • 013 Cavalera.jpg
    013 Cavalera.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 9,852
Until they were published in this thread none of these pix had been seen before and at least one of them is rather old. Two are related to a picture story I've been working at off and on for some time, it's called "Viking Queen." In the first pix you might recognize the scene. I sent her, Camille (Red Feline), a copy and she said she liked it, I half expected that it might show up in one of their collections but it didn't so I thought I'd post it here.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 017 RF on the cross.jpg
    017 RF on the cross.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 10,351
  • 016 Long Coffel.jpg
    016 Long Coffel.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 10,478
  • 015 Too Late.jpg
    015 Too Late.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 10,481
The last two pix are at least 7 years old, and the model is the Poser female. Many people found her stiff and difficult to work with but when she is posed in a natural female posture and using female gestures she's not all that bad. The good thing about her was that you could make your own textures (skin) for her so putting stripes on her back is not that difficult.
I posted the first pix on the Foundation. Thought I'd put it here too since this is where most of my stuff is going to be.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 019 TitHang 10 pw.jpg
    019 TitHang 10 pw.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 10,053
  • 018.1  Six at the wheel.jpg
    018.1 Six at the wheel.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 9,944
  • 018 The Wheel.jpg
    018 The Wheel.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 9,964
When I think one of the story line in a movie doesn't come to a satisfactory conclusion I let my imagination run wild. Such was the case with the Queen in a recent science fiction epic with 6 chapters. People who traverse galaxies in star ships do not die in childbirth; that's ridiculous. So I've illustrated what I think should have happened to said Queen.

And since it's long I'm putting the caption for the first two pis here:
In another Empire on another world in a time long gone a Princess/Senator a Queen emeritus suffers the torture of crucifixion so the evil Emperor, Apostate DCXXX and his even more evil minion Darth Helmut can discover the whereabouts of her twin children.
"Have her put in carbon freeze Lord Helmut, in time we will find the children, then we will crucify the daughter along with the mother." Said the Emperor. Darth Helmut only nodded but the Emperor knew that behind the mask he would be smiling.

And finally I posting the first pix for the next set here. I call her wonder lady for obvious reasons.

Attachments

• 022 WL in costume.jpg
    022 WL in costume.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 9,261
  • 021 Queen 02.jpg
    021 Queen 02.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 9,324
  • 020 Queen 01.jpg
    020 Queen 01.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 9,474
Here are a few more Pix of Wonder Lady only this time they're Poser renders. I call her Wonder Lady to assure there can be no copy write problems and this is another of my "What if?" fantasies. It seems she was captured often enough in the comic books, mostly the Nazis during WWII, but others have captured her too.
I suppose this group could be called Men in Black, or make up a name that you like. They, the group, would need to be international because the dungeon would of necessity be in some obscure corner of Eastern Europe.

I've discovered a paradox in making pictures. When I design a character to remind the viewer of a particular individual it becomes highly difficult to discover who I had in mind when I made the picture when the character is naked. Take for example these three pix. Without the tattered remains of her costume she becomes just another brunette, a muscular one, but still just another naked brunette.

Also someone has suggested that Wonder Lady and Xena should fight and the looser would be crucified. Interestingly enough Xena was supposed to be the daughter of Hercules and WW was named Diana, and she came from a mystic Greek Island. So it might make an interesting match. Two female Greek Heroes (Definitely not Goddesses.) fighting it out. Hmmm...
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 025 WL Topless whipping.jpg
    025 WL Topless whipping.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 9,386
  • 024 WL Topless whipping.jpg
    024 WL Topless whipping.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 9,192
  • 023 WL Topless whipping.jpg
    023 WL Topless whipping.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 9,189
When I saw the last pix I just couldn't resist making a few changes.
Hope you enjoy,

The other two are the result of the fight between Xena and Wonder Lady. When we join them the fight is over, and it was decided to crucify them both and yet do the female on female thing. Gabrielle was always the underdog who walked in Xena's shadow only because she understood the personality of her friend so here she is getting even.
Actually Wonder Lady won the fight but she's so damn strong we decided she should be nailed upside down.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 028 WL and Xena Crx.jpg
    028 WL and Xena Crx.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 9,310
  • 027 WL and Xena Crx.jpg
    027 WL and Xena Crx.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 9,477
  • 026 W W Spectacular 1978 Remake.jpg
    026 W W Spectacular 1978 Remake.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 9,484
As you might know I've done work for a few sites during the years that I've been on the web and one of the things I've done is try to tell a story with pictures. Once a work has been published you would think the artist would move on and do something else and that is often the case but in every work there are problems that need to be worked out and working in Poser is a learning experience. So occasionally I find myself revisiting an old project, as other artists have done, to try out a new prop, or technique and such was the case with "A Rebel Girl". I revisited it a more then a year after it was published because I wanted to try out some new ideas. The attached pictures are for the most part reworks or additions to that old story so some of the characters are a little dated technically but I think they still tell the story well enough.
Enjoy,
Helmut

PS: There are enough pix in this abbreviated from of the story that I'll need to present it in two installments.

Attachments

• 031 xiii Through the town pw.jpg
    031 xiii Through the town pw.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 9,875
  • 030 xii Through the town pw.jpg
    030 xii Through the town pw.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 9,697
  • 029 xi the Post pw.jpg
    029 xi the Post pw.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 9,716
Here are the remainder of the pix from this brief rework and I hope you enjoy them. I'm entertaining the idea of redoing the scene where she is nailed within the next few weeks since nailings seem to be so popular and when I do I'll post it. Always remember your comments are welcome and much appreciated but keep in mind that when I respond to the comments there is less time for me to work and I think you would rather have me working then writing.
Best to you all,
Helmut.

Attachments

• 034 Reb Girl.jpg
    034 Reb Girl.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 2,249
  • 033 xvii At the gate.jpg
    033 xvii At the gate.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 2,367
  • 032 xiv To the gate.jpg
    032 xiv To the gate.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 2,256
I'd like to call to your attention that some pix have been added since this thread was last published; you might want to review the entire thread.

I'd like to change the subject to drawings briefly to introduce a pix I spent a quite a few hours working on. It's off topic but illustrates something I discussed earlier:
That while a computer can generate a pix from a Poser Render generally they're not too good. I'm posting one along with my drawing. I like comics so occasionally I like to make a pix like the ones in the comic books so I colored it.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 036 Bireme Computer Generated.jpg
    036 Bireme Computer Generated.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 1,597
  • 035 Bireme 48.jpg
    035 Bireme 48.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 1,655
This is a collection of seven pictures I put together to tell a story with the sort of ending our interest group seems to enjoy most. It's experimental, the poses were made at various times over the past year to test ideas and as always comments are welcome.
Hope you enjoy,

Attachments

• 039 Muscle bound Whipped.jpg
    039 Muscle bound Whipped.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 1,848
  • 038 Muscle bound Whipped.jpg
    038 Muscle bound Whipped.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 1,739
  • 037 Muscle  bound  Whipped.jpg
    037 Muscle bound Whipped.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 1,764
Here are three more of the pix from this collection of seven. Please keep those comments coming.
Enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 042 Muscle bound CRX.jpg
    042 Muscle bound CRX.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 1,662
  • 041 Muscle bound CRX.jpg
    041 Muscle bound CRX.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 1,545
  • 040 Muscle  bound CRX.jpg
    040 Muscle bound CRX.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 1,578
This is the last pix of the series above and some really old stuff rendered in P3 operating in a W95 or 98 environment so they're about as old as my stuff can get. The date on the pix is 1999 but that's only the date they were last accessed so they might be older. At any rate they are among my earliest attempts at depicting a crucifixion. Back then (This was before Xena as I recall.) I didn't even know what to call her and the Ballet "Swan Lake" had been on TV. so I called her Swan.
Hope you enjoy,
Helmut

Attachments

• 045 Swan 1999 or earlier.jpg
    045 Swan 1999 or earlier.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,663
  • 044 Death of a Swan 1999.jpg
    044 Death of a Swan 1999.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,827
  • 043 Muscle bound CRX.jpg
    043 Muscle bound CRX.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 1,849