Help The Forum

Go to CruxDreams.com
Thank you for supporting the forum. Now the activity on the forum has grown very much. Therefore, your support is very important - will the forum continue to live or not.

Thanks to everyone who provides assistance.
But a month has passed and help is needed again. In quarantine, traffic just soared up.
And if you can’t help, I don’t know what to do.
The problem is that I was denied the provision of billing services for the cruxdreams.com website.
Therefore, my financial situation is very poor.
I would appreciate it if I get a little help from friends of the forum.

But a month has passed and help is needed again. In quarantine, traffic just soared up.
The problem is that I was denied the provision of billing services for the cruxdreams.com website.
OK, I joined paypal (against my better judgment). I am willing to donate. I click on DONATE NOW, enter the amount. I log into paypal. Nothing happens?

Will send something ;)

Are there any other methods to donate besides PayPal? Perhaps sending cash through the mail?
We've had other enquiries, will pass them on to ImageMaker. I don't think sending cash through the post is recommended,
but a bank transfer might be possible.

Have you tried to enable HTTP compression on the server? I assume the cause of the outage is likely from the traffic rather than the CPU load, then it could help to mitigate the problem if you can exchange that idle CPU power to compress the data before it is sent to the client.

It may not make a miracle as most of those images are already compressed. But there are other contents that can be reduced in size quite a lot, and many images can be still compressed further which can add up.

It's usually pretty trivial to enable the feature from the forum software, or webserver/hosting settings. So maybe it's worth a shot to do an experiment.

And if you have an access to the networks and security settings, you may also want to see if there are any specific requests generating inordinate amount of traffic. Large images on this website are protected by login, so it's less likely to happen. But some people, or search bots use crawlers to scrape all contents from such websites which can be very taxing to the server capacity. Also, many websites that deal with controversial topics are often subjected to intentional abuse, like DDOS attacks.

I suppose it's something you may also want to check just in case, if you have access to the necessary tools to monitor such activities.

Last edited:
I got a donate. Most likely from you. You can direct funds through the Pay Pal to an account skype@image-maker.org

Message I received from Paypal, though I'm not sure whether it's affecting you or not:

"The recipient has a lifetime limit to send, spend or withdraw. Upon reaching this limit, the recipient must take certain actions to lift the limit."

We've had other enquiries, will pass them on to ImageMaker. I don't think sending cash through the post is recommended,
but a bank transfer might be possible.
I sent something through paypal. They charged me 4.25 (because it was outside the US, apparently). So, I would be amenable to using another method. I certainly appreciate this site, and realize that it costs money to keep it up.

In case anyone's wondering (I've heard that at least one member was) ImageMaker isn't really 'banned',
that's a joke going back to a time when he accidentally banned someone who was innocent.
Be assured that he's still very much our Leader! :D

Thanks to everyone who helps us.
For a day we collected half the amount to pay for hosting in May.
Let's get tense and collect the whole amount.
If Pay Pall does not accept donations today, try tomorrow.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom