Hometown.

Go to CruxDreams.com
A few scenes from my hometown.

Outdoor wooden staircases are unique to Montreal. Not ideal for the climate, but they save the space taken up by indoor staircases297016_876624d5f54541f56ba9896d84174b3ab7694760.jpg_facebook.jpg

It's probably the only city with a "La Maison du Bagel/Boulangerie" store_thumb_1.jpg But the bagels are great, better than New York. I put them in a story. st-viateur-bagel.jpg If you see a thumb drive in the bag, Barb needs rescuing (Again:rolleyes:)

Messaline came to visit. The famous cross on the mountain is 30 meters high, but she brought her ownAnjou 117 Montreal-Cross.jpeg

Across the street from the house I grew up in:
Merion-Cricket.jpg

Merion Cricket Club is a private club in Haverford, Pennsylvania, founded in 1865. The current clubhouse is its sixth, the last four having been designed by Philadelphia architect Frank Furness and his partner, Allen Evans, who was also a founder of the club. The club was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1987 for its leading role in the promotion, development and continued support of cricket, golf, squash, and tennis in the United States. It is the annual home, since 1894 of the Pennsylvania Lawn Tennis Championships

Across the street the other way was the Haverford Hotel. Here is a picture of it being demolished
57f2d483524b1.image.jpg
Note Barbaria as a young girl watching. How she biked all the way to Haverford, I'll never know. But I'd know those long lovely legs anywhere!

I went to College in Haverford. Here is the Cricket Pavilion:
4662072574_a8d5feaa40_b.jpg
Cricket has been at home at Haverford College longer than anywhere else in the United States, if not anywhere in North America. Here, the first Cricket club made up entirely of American-born youth was founded in 1834, just a year after the school itself was opened. Thirty years later, the first intercollegiate Cricket match, between Haverford and the University of Pennsylvania, was played in 1864

Across the street the other way was the Haverford Hotel. Here is a picture of it being demolished
View attachment 623455
Note Barbaria as a young girl watching. How she biked all the way to Haverford, I'll never know. But I'd know those long lovely legs anywhere!
The guy on the truck was meant to be fixing the gutter - then he was distracted by Barb's legs,
and the next thing he knew he'd knocked the whole place down! :D

The guy on the truck was meant to be fixing the gutter - then he was distracted by Barb's legs,
Disgusting, staring at a girl's long, lovely, shapely, ... Excuse me, I've got some staring to do!:cool:

Disgusting, staring at a girl's long, lovely, shapely, ... Excuse me, I've got some staring to do!:cool:

Next thing I knew, I got blamed for it ... dragged before Judge Admi ... sentenced and turned over to Mister Tree to be crucified at dawn the next day. :facepalm:

wintertime-haverford-station-bill-cannon.jpgPennsylvania Railroad Train Station in Haverford, 200 yards from my home where I could catch a 20 min ride to center city Philadelphia.
4fb8348868142fb9e1d89e65607b0c60l-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpgA not atypical home in my neighborhood. My house was far more modest.

Muammar Gaddafi

220px-Muammar_al-Gaddafi_at_the_AU_summit.jpg
An inspiration to fashionistas everywhere!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I went to College in Haverford. Here is the Cricket Pavilion:
View attachment 623456
Cricket has been at home at Haverford College longer than anywhere else in the United States, if not anywhere in North America. Here, the first Cricket club made up entirely of American-born youth was founded in 1834, just a year after the school itself was opened. Thirty years later, the first intercollegiate Cricket match, between Haverford and the University of Pennsylvania, was played in 1864

A civilised part of the US indeed!
The United States has seen a few cricket tours by Australian teams from the 1860s on, but they never progressed as far as becoming a Test playing nation. Bradman toured there in 1932, second link contains some rare footage unearthed in 2012
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/fea...city-don-bradman-babe-ruth-history/2016-05-29

Back
Top Bottom