How To Help The Forum

Go to CruxDreams.com
T

The Fallen Angel

How To Help The Forum
Obviously the best way is to contribute via PayPal or by contacting IM via a PM. Here's some other ways..

1. Using Imgur to store your pics and host them for you. You can then upload them to this site and display them full size. Also your pics will be hidden on Imgur.
Go to Imgur and open a free account. You need an email address but you will not receive any spam. My account shows as M in the top right ! Imgur.JPG Now click on New Post....I choose New photo/Video.. 2 Imgur.JPG Now click on Hidden (Ignore any Share Link as shown..it's not the best one).. 3 Imgur.JPG Having chosen Hidden you now want the Direct Link which begins https and ends in jpg. 5 Imgur.JPG

which I can now use on this site to post a full size image as follows..

At the top of the Reply Box click on the Insert Image icon (NOT the Insert link icon). In the drop down box click on the by URL link then paste your URL and click on Insert . Then click on your Post reply. And Hey Presto....
IDboX4N.jpg

Hello
Thanks for the explanation
I know what a host (hébergeur) is and I understand the idea
With this method, it's no longer possible to publish a group of pictures (10 by 10) : they are published one by one (uploading one by one then copy-paste the links one by one) and it's terribly long !

Hello
Thanks for the explanation
I know what a host (hébergeur) is and I understand the idea
With this method, it's no longer possible to publish a group of pictures (10 by 10) : they are published one by one (uploading one by one then copy-paste the links one by one) and it's terribly long !
Once you get used to it then it is quite fast. Publishing pictures in groups of 10 means they are all stored on this site and it is becoming expensive especially when you consider that thousands of them have simply been downloaded from other sites then uploaded here. We do not wish to simply become a mirror for other sites.

How To Help The Forum
Obviously the best way is to contribute via PayPal or by contacting IM via a PM. Here's some other ways..

1. Using Imgur to store your pics and host them for you. You can then upload them to this site and display them full size. Also your pics will be hidden on Imgur.
Go to Imgur and open a free account. You need an email address but you will not receive any spam. My account shows as M in the top right View attachment 855917 Now click on New Post....I choose New photo/Video.. View attachment 855918 Now click on Hidden (Ignore any Share Link as shown..it's not the best one).. View attachment 855919 Having chosen Hidden you now want the Direct Link which begins https and ends in jpg. View attachment 855920

which I can now use on this site to post a full size image as follows..

At the top of the Reply Box click on the Insert Image icon (NOT the Insert link icon). In the drop down box click on the by URL link then paste your URL and click on Insert . Then click on your Post reply. And Hey Presto....
IDboX4N.jpg
Thanks for that Mellisa but after checking into my rarely used Imgur account I find under Community Rules.
1 No nudity or sexually explicit content. :(
2 No hate speech, abuse, or harassment. ( I think abuse and harassment kinda fits in here). ;)
3 No content that condones illegal or violent activity. :rolleyes:
4 No gore or shock content. :eek:
So I suppose I'll look elsewhere as I don't know how well they police their board.

Thanks for that Mellisa but after checking into my rarely used Imgur account I find under Community Rules.
1 No nudity or sexually explicit content. :(
2 No hate speech, abuse, or harassment. ( I think abuse and harassment kinda fits in here). ;)
3 No content that condones illegal or violent activity. :rolleyes:
4 No gore or shock content. :eek:
So I suppose I'll look elsewhere as I don't know how well they police their board.
I already started posting my stuffs on Imgur but now I'm wondering if it's a good idea. I certainly don't want to see them disappear or get blocked one day, like what happened with Tumblr sometime ago.

Does anyone know a better image hosting service which is free from such a problem?

That's why I said that you post in the HIDDEN mode which the community cannot see.

"A hidden post means that your post is not shared with the general Imgur community and can only be accessed via the URL. Hidden posts cannot be searched, will not receive comments or votes, and will not appear in your user profile. ... When others view your profile, they will see only your public posts.19 Feb 2020"

As a back up you can also attach your image here. As a further backup you can upload it to Bdsmlr.

Too long and complicated
I abandon
Instead of posting blocks of ten pictures a time which have been simply copied from another site why not make an effort and select the best ones to display as a full image hosted off site. You could then post a link to the site you downloaded them from. That way you would be helping this Forum.

I already started posting my stuffs on Imgur but now I'm wondering if it's a good idea. I certainly don't want to see them disappear or get blocked one day, like what happened with Tumblr sometime ago.

Does anyone know a better image hosting service which is free from such a problem?
Those are COMMUNITY RULES. If you keep your pics marked private/Hidden they cannot be seen by the Community. Only people with a direct link to your pics can see them.

Those are COMMUNITY RULES. If you keep your pics marked private/Hidden they cannot be seen by the Community. Only people with a direct link to your pics can see them.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm aware of the hidden setting but it's just that I'm not entirely confident that those rules won't be applied to private/hidden contents. Such rules are notoriously arbitrary because it's by the discretion of the service provider alone that they are applied and interpreted when a controversy or dispute arises.

And many such services simply don't want their name to be associated with any controversial contents, so when everyone can see I'm using their service to host such materials even when they are set to 'hidden', I don't feel 100% confident that they won't ever become a problem.

I just wish there was a service which explicitly allow such contents, or at least doesn't explicitly forbid them.

But I think bdsmlr.com could be a good alternative/backup for such a purpose, as you suggested. So I'll probably use it next time I'll be posting my images.

I've been using Imgur for a couple weeks. I make every image "Hidden." I've had no problems. True, it takes a little longer, and the images you post will be show up in sequence, but I think these are minor things compared to the eventual cost to Makar and the Forum of posting files.

Instead of posting blocks of ten pictures a time which have been simply copied from another site why not make an effort and select the best ones to display as a full image hosted off site. You could then post a link to the site you downloaded them from. That way you would be helping this Forum.
They come from my harddrive and were selected some years, sometimes many years ago. From where ? Often I don't remember. I would be possible to find it but it's long.
It becomes a job and it would represent hours of work. It's not possible, sorry

That's why I said that you post in the HIDDEN mode which the community cannot see.

"A hidden post means that your post is not shared with the general Imgur community and can only be accessed via the URL. Hidden posts cannot be searched, will not receive comments or votes, and will not appear in your user profile. ... When others view your profile, they will see only your public posts.19 Feb 2020"

As a back up you can also attach your image here. As a further backup you can upload it to Bdsmlr.
Melisa I noted that you said to mark as HIDDEN mode but does that keep their moderators from reviewing what your post? You are saying the rules only stand for what can be viewed by the public? I had assumed, perhaps wrong, that the rules were for the site in general.

Melisa I noted that you said to mark as HIDDEN mode but does that keep their moderators from reviewing what your post? You are saying the rules only stand for what can be viewed by the public? I had assumed, perhaps wrong, that the rules were for the site in general.
When I say "Hidden" I'm referring to the option you have when you upload to Imgur. Your files will not be open to the public. If you post the link on this site then our members can view the pic that you have posted on Imgur and that is all. Moderators can of course moderate any post on this site. Imgur has for ages allowed NSFW images but only if they are marked as Hidden/Private. If you post adult material in the "Public" mode then the Community Rules will apply and your account would be deleted as the public includes minors. That is the situation at the moment and I've been using Imgur for years but as with Tumblr you never know what long term plans hold. As far as their moderators are concerned I doubt very much if they have the manpower or desire to review even a tiny fraction of what is stored. Dropbox once famously banned a user for putting pics of naked women in his dropbox. It turned out that he was a professional model photographer who told his story to the newspapers. A big own goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is simple!

The site is finally going with an “http”.

Because it’s necessary!

Imgur has for ages allowed NSFW images... but as with Tumblr you never know what long term plans hold. As far as their moderators are concerned I doubt very much if they have the manpower or desire to review even a tiny fraction of what is stored.
Yeah, I suppose the precedent with Tumblr is a big elephant in the room in this matter, because they also had maintained a similar policy for a long time before the great purge. And they also showed that such a process can be automated with a help of the machine learning technology, so it can be done without employing enormous manpower.

But the bottom line is, Imgur (maybe along with bdsmlr) could be the best option we have now. At least, it'd be far better than keeping stressing out CF to prolong the capacity problem.

So, I believe using image host services with backups would be the best we can do to deal with the issue for now, unless we could find a way to reliably increase the donation to pay for the additional capacity required for more stable service.

Last edited:
When I say "Hidden" I'm referring to the option you have when you upload to Imgur. Your files will not be open to the public. If you post the link on this site then our members can view the pic that you have posted on Imgur and that is all. Moderators can of course moderate any post on this site. Imgur has for ages allowed NSFW images but only if they are marked as Hidden/Private. If you post adult material in the "Public" mode then the Community Rules will apply and your account would be deleted as the public includes minors. That is the situation at the moment and I've been using Imgur for years but as with Tumblr you never know what long term plans hold. As far as their moderators are concerned I doubt very much if they have the manpower or desire to review even a tiny fraction of what is stored. Dropbox once famously banned a user for putting pics of naked women in his dropbox. It turned out that he was a professional model photographer who told his story to the newspapers. A big own goal.
Thanks for all your input Melissa. I was a bit concerned because in the past I'd seen nsfw content on Imgur ( usually nude art, Hegre, Femjoy, etc and occasional amateurs) only to see it suddenly disappear with the link leading to a blank post. We'll give it a shot and backup the posting.

Back
Top Bottom