How To Help The Forum

Go to CruxDreams.com
1. Using Imgur to store your pics and host them for you. You can then upload them to this site and display them full size. Also your pics will be hidden on Imgur.
Go to Imgur and open a free account. You need an email address but you will not receive any spam. My account shows as M in the top right ...
OK I tried this and yes it works !

Imgur will however require your phone number for verification.
In your profile settings you can go to Email preferences and check "Don't send me welcome emails / notification emails / promotional emails".

OK I tried this and yes it works !

Imgur will however require your phone number for verification.
In your profile settings you can go to Email preferences and check "Don't send me welcome emails / notification emails / promotional emails".
I have never been asked for a phone number. Must be a new requirement to stop spammers. In that case I'd use an old phone. Going to check out video hosting today. Last time I looked it was 200MB or 60 secs whichever comes first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been asked for a phone number. Must be a new requirement to stop spammers. In that case I'd use an old phone. Going to check out video hosting today. Last time I looked it was 200MB or 60 secs whichever comes first.
A technical question: linking to imgur is fine but is there any way to reduce the size of the published file here. I have just posted a photo here

and although the image appeared reasonably-sized everywhere else, it has taken over the screen on that post. (Not that people are likely to complain about a large picture of Caprice's rear.......). Short of resizing the image myself before uploading to imgur, I can't see anything in the settings there that allows that sort of work, and nor can I see anything here. Am I missing something?

A technical question: linking to imgur is fine but is there any way to reduce the size of the published file here. I have just posted a photo here

and although the image appeared reasonably-sized everywhere else, it has taken over the screen on that post. (Not that people are likely to complain about a large picture of Caprice's rear.......). Short of resizing the image myself before uploading to imgur, I can't see anything in the settings there that allows that sort of work, and nor can I see anything here. Am I missing something?
You should then resizing the image, before you upload it im imgur.

You should then resizing the image, before you upload it im imgur.

I usually make mine around 4-5 inches on the longest side. That allows you to see detail and takes up about half the screen.
XzTxsdz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom