How To Talk For Artists And Users (Rendering)

Go to CruxDreams.com
I can still give some tips if someone needs it, but for the few I can say, I have to admit that I paid for most of my stuff.
It's pretty hard to do good stuff with only free products.

There is a really good base with Daz Starter pack, but to get more realism, you have to buy some products from people like Raiya (women skins), Stonemason (scene props)...

Feel free to ask some stuff and how I work, it may be useful!

Been working on a YouTube unlisted video tutorial where i put the basic Genesis2 figure on a cross.
Here is the first part:
There is no sound,some text for additional info.
Better to it watch in full screen and 1080p
And click the YouTube icon in the lower right corner to watch it
on YouTube not in a small screen.
I hope that it will be useful.

I plan to upload the 2 next part later on.

The end product will look like this:genesis2 tutorial render1a.jpg

So...
Let's speak about iRay settings. I repeat, it's only mine experience...
02.jpg
You will see this window if you pressed "Render"----> "Render settings" in Daz main window.
General
1. Pixel size. It's a size of your image. Large image needs more memory.
2. Aspect ratio. It's an aspect ratio of your images. Better do not change it.
3. Constrain proportions. i don't know what is it.
4. Render type. Better choice - Still image
5. Render target. New window - i can see a progress. Your art will appear in new window...
6. Image name. You can type your art's name here. Or you can do it after render was finished or after you will stop the process.
7. Auto head-lamp. Better choice - When scene no lights
8. Post-process script. I never use it.
Render Mode
This part contain only one option - Photoreal. Better do not change it

Constrain Proportions means that when you change the output render size (for example, scaling up or down), the width and height will change proportionally, so you don't get the image appearing to be stretched or squashed.

Iray for Daz Studio can be confusing: there is a lot of tutorial and YouTube video guide,but they are mostly outdated as they were made for the initial version of Iray in Daz4.8 as they made a lot of change to the rendering interface: you will end up
pretty confused after all that outdated reading and YouTube watching.......

So...
Let's speak about iRay settings. I repeat, it's only mine experience...
View attachment 504876
You will see this window if you pressed "Render"----> "Render settings" in Daz main window.
General
1. Pixel size. It's a size of your image. Large image needs more memory.
2. Aspect ratio. It's an aspect ratio of your images. Better do not change it.
4. Render type. Better choice - Still image
5. Render target. New window - i can see a progress. Your art will appear in new window...
6. Image name. You can type your art's name here. Or you can do it after render was finished or after you will stop the process.
7. Auto head-lamp. Better choice - When scene no lights
8. Post-process script. I never use it.
Render Mode
This part contain only one option - Photoreal. Better do not change it
A good start!

Has anyone tried Lux Renderer and Paolo's Reality Plugin for DS or Poser?
About a year ago i did try LuxRender (a freeware physic based renderer like Iray ,but it needs a plug-in to work with Daz Studio) you have 2 choice to use it with Daz:Luxus or Reality,i bought the Luxus plugin sold by Daz for about 20$ i tried it,then found that Luxus was not updated since 2013 :) the author seems to have given up on it...
contrary to the Reality plugin that seems to be updated more often but is now 40$ but is on sale once in a while.

But i personally did not achieve better results with Luxrender than with Iray,so i'm back to Iray for now.

One of the advantage of Luxrender is that it does not need a Nvidia video card to shorten the rendering time (yes that's what a Nvidia card does in Iray it only shorten the time to render....)Luxrender use OpenCL instead to accelerate the rendering.

One of the advantage of Luxrender is that it does not need a Nvidia video card to shorten the rendering time (yes that's what a Nvidia card does in Iray it only shorten the time to render....)Luxrender use OpenCL instead to accelerate the rendering.

If that's true then the only advantage to using an nVidia card is rendering speed. This will make a huge difference if you're creating animations/movies etc, but is less important for making the odd still image.

Back
Top Bottom