How To Talk For Artists And Users (Rendering)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Could someone give me the .duf file for the genesis 8 female? It should be in the people folder of your daz directory. My main workstation computer isn’t connected to the internet and I don’t have admin private’s of computers that are. I just need the base figure for genesis 8.

You've got mail

I have been experimenting with exporting Daz Studio characters to Blender without much success but had good results
with "Daz Importer version 1.4"

http://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/daz-importer-version-14.html

With Blender you don't need a powerful Nvidia video to render with the Cycle rendering engine.
With results that are pretty similar if not better.

I'm still experimenting with this as i'm still learning how to use Blender and its powerful
features.

Attachments

• Genesis 8 Blender Cycle test5.jpg
    Genesis 8 Blender Cycle test5.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Blender Cycle G3 real test3b.jpg
    Blender Cycle G3 real test3b.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 207
Found a way to add grass with Blender to this scene:
Glad to see another Blender user here. It looked like everyone except me was using Daz to create erotic renderings. :)

Is the whole scene rendered with Cycles, or just the grass field? If the former to be the case, you may want to experiment with the particle hair system. It's not much different from creating grasses but it can add a lot to the realism.

Also, HDRI is really easy to setup with Blender which can do wonders in such a scene (not many props around to reflect the light).

Oh I use blender as well. That little pallet that her whipping post is stood atop of was modeled in blender and textured in substance painter, before being brought to daz. I would render more in blender, but the daz to blender pipeline is pretty buggy, and getting Iray skin shaders correct is a Hassle. As much as it pains me to say this, I’m mostly using blender for backgrounds and hdri renders and I’m using the built in iray render for daz.

Glad to see another Blender user here. It looked like everyone except me was using Daz to create erotic renderings. :)

Is the whole scene rendered with Cycles, or just the grass field? If the former to be the case, you may want to experiment with the particle hair system. It's not much different from creating grasses but it can add a lot to the realism.

Also, HDRI is really easy to setup with Blender which can do wonders in such a scene (not many props around to reflect the light).

That whole scene was rendered in Blender 2.80 cycles rendering engine except that the Genesis 3 figure and the cross was imported to Blender from Daz using
Daz Importer version 1.4 i then created a plane with 2 hair particles (green hair! for the grass) but i have to admit that it did look better in Eevee than Cycle
I also used an HDRI for the background.

Using Blender for a whole scene is new to me,most of the stuff that i upload here was created and rendered in Daz Studio,learning Blender was mostly
to make some brain exercices so that my brain does not age too fast!

But i did used Blender before to create some props (nail,cross,hammer) and then imported them in Daz as .obj

For the grass in Blender 2.8 i used this tutorial:
This one is also good if you render in Cycle:

I've never been able to get my head around Blender. I like that it's free and very powerful, but I just find it way too complicated. I use it to convert file formats and for turning 2D artwork into 3D objects but that's about as much as I can do with it.

I use Daz3D for rendering and Cinema 4D for building 3D objects (Yes that's an expensive piece of software but you can get old versions on ebay very cheap (I'm using C4D R12 which is a good few years old now (I think the latest is R22 so mine is like ten years out of date) but it works fine and I got it cheap so I can't complain)

I also used an HDRI for the background.
Excuse me for being persistent, but do you have light sources other than the HDRI in that scene? The reason I'm asking this is I thought the highlight on the character looked a brighter than what the background suggests. Of course, there's no "correct way" to do such things, but that was why I suspected you didn't use HDRI so I got curious.

Excuse me for being persistent, but do you have light sources other than the HDRI in that scene? The reason I'm asking this is I thought the highlight on the character looked a brighter than what the background suggests. Of course, there's no "correct way" to do such things, but that was why I suspected you didn't use HDRI so I got curious.
I don't have access to that scene right now but if i remember correctly i did change the default point light to a "sun" and and adjusted the strength to about 10 to 15.
The HRDI was then set to about .5 strength.
So you are correct there is 2 sources of light in that scene:the sun and the HDRI.

I don't have access to that scene right now but if i remember correctly i did change the default point light to a "sun" and and adjusted the strength to about 10 to 15.
The HRDI was then set to about .5 strength.
So you are correct there is 2 sources of light in that scene:the sun and the HDRI.
Thanks for the information! Now I can sleep in peace at night, with the mystery finally got solved for me. :)

I've never been able to get my head around Blender. I like that it's free and very powerful, but I just find it way too complicated. I use it to convert file formats and for turning 2D artwork into 3D objects but that's about as much as I can do with it.

I use Daz3D for rendering and Cinema 4D for building 3D objects (Yes that's an expensive piece of software but you can get old versions on ebay very cheap (I'm using C4D R12 which is a good few years old now (I think the latest is R22 so mine is like ten years out of date) but it works fine and I got it cheap so I can't complain)
I found that with the 2.8 update Blender is now easier and more logical to use than before.

A good HDRI will have luminance values that are dynamic enough that it'll simulate filtered sunlight really well. Shouldn't need to add another sunlamp. Honestly, I do most of my lighting through HDRI because I'm lazy.

But some times you have to rotate the HRDI to get optimum results so i add a sun because it's easier and i'm also lazy :)

I found that with the 2.8 update Blender is now easier and more logical to use than before.
I absolutely agree. I had to use the old key bindings though, because I'm too lazy to switch :)

A good HDRI will have luminance values that are dynamic enough that it'll simulate filtered sunlight really well. Shouldn't need to add another sunlamp. Honestly, I do most of my lighting through HDRI because I'm lazy.
But some times you have to rotate the HRDI to get optimum results so i add a sun because it's easier and i'm also lazy :)

I agree with @mp5stab in general. But even when shooting a film, they often add various artificial light sources to give artistic touches. So while there's no doubt that exclusively relying on HDRI for lighting normally yield a very realistic output, I suppose adding additional light sources can't hurt if the artist knows what he or she is doing.

Back
Top Bottom