Ip Banned Often When Using Tor

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hi people, I use TOR always for navigation, it works fine in every site I visit, but in CF sometimes system kicks me out and my IP is banned, so I need to restart the browser it all again to log, and sometimes the new log results in another IP banned, and another, and another....

Can you fix that please? its quite anoying, and I really like this site :)

Happy cross for all.

Update: Right now, after finish writing this post, when I try to post it my IP addres were banned again....

CruxForums The On-Line Communities - Error
Your IP address has been banned.

:(

I'll raise this in the Staff Forum. It would be helpful to hear from any other members experience this problem, with TOR or other similar systems.

Hi people, I use TOR always for navigation, it works fine in every site I visit, but in CF sometimes system kicks me out and my IP is banned, so I need to restart the browser it all again to log, and sometimes the new log results in another IP banned, and another, and another....

Can you fix that please? its quite anoying, and I really like this site :)

Happy cross for all.

Update: Right now, after finish writing this post, when I try to post it my IP addres were banned again....

CruxForums The On-Line Communities - Error
Your IP address has been banned.

:(
The Tor browser won't allow a website to know your IP address which has the advantage of anonaminity but some websites like this one want your IP so you can access the Members Map for example. I would guess that is the reason your access is blocked. Nothing sinister is going on and you can always use a free VPN with a regular browser if you wish to hide your location.

Since a lot of people use TOR in order to bypass geo-blocking and/or government censorship, it is important that sites like this should allow TOR access. Yes a VPN could also grant you more-or-less-anonymous access, but most of the good VPNs cost money whereas TOR is free, and for a lot of people (myself included), this is an important factor.

So far, I don't need to use TOR to access this site, but if the current government gets it's own way regarding censorship, that could well change in the future, and in that eventuality, TOR may become the only viable way for me (and people like me) to continue to be able to use the site.

Since we all have to log in to this site with a username and password, there is no good reason why the site should need to know out IP address anyway...

Since a lot of people use TOR in order to bypass geo-blocking and/or government censorship, it is important that sites like this should allow TOR access. Yes a VPN could also grant you more-or-less-anonymous access, but most of the good VPNs cost money whereas TOR is free, and for a lot of people (myself included), this is an important factor.

So far, I don't need to use TOR to access this site, but if the current government gets it's own way regarding censorship, that could well change in the future, and in that eventuality, TOR may become the only viable way for me (and people like me) to continue to be able to use the site.

Since we all have to log in to this site with a username and password, there is no good reason why the site should need to know out IP address anyway...
Interesting point but above my pay grade (I don't technically understand this but do the concept)...

I use Tor and it works fine here now, but was a problem a couple of months ago. I have had problems registering for other sites whilst using it and have been told that my IP comes up on the system as very high risk (whatever that means)
The trouble with Tor is that allots IP addresses at random, and recycles them, so if it gives you one that's previously been used by a blacklisted spammer, many sites' security systems will block it. But as far as CF's concerned, registered members, certainly ones who we've got to know as active participants, shouldn't have problems.

@Beate this problem occured in 2016. maybe read the date of such post before reacting

Back
Top Bottom