Go to CruxDreams.com
OK Wragg... This is just incredible... I feel so small now... For the first time in my life, I'd like to be born as an English-speaking guy...

Thank you, man ! Bravo ! :clapping:
And there was I wondering about Belgian Nationality, what with Brexit and all :doh:

And there's nothing wrong with your English, Shastar; it's a damn sight better than my Flemish, or French! :)

The proconsul got what he deserved and the carnifex lived happily ever after.
Ever after... Did he move to Herculaneum in 79AD?
No, a few years before. ;)

He'd been a good Carnifex, he deserved a long and happy retirement; it's just that his retirements lasted a good deal longer than he expected.

Carnifex RIP.jpg :rolleyes:

Part 13: Aelius

Aelius, the Senator, did not in fact move into Calphurnus’ old house with his new bride. He already had a perfectly comfortable villa, and Calphurnus’ relatively modest place was of no interest to him. His new wife was a delight to him, however, perfect in every way – a perfect hostess, a perfect manager of the house and slaves, a perfect ‘trophy’ wife to show off at the endless social events which he had to attend, and (best of all) she drove him wild with passion in bed. Aelius was truly the happiest man in the empire.

She quickly bore him a strong, healthy son, also named Aelius. Then Aelius the elder, now that he had an heir, was pleased to be able to industriously engage in the process of producing a spare.

Nine months later, he became the proud father, not of another son, but of a beautiful baby daughter.

“She is lovely!” he declared, the proudest of fathers. “Oh, look! She has your eyes! I’m sure she will grow up to be as beautiful as you are! Have you thought of a name for her?”

“I have, my dear,” replied Cassia. “I would like to call her ‘Jasmine.’”

He thought about it. “Yes, I like it. Good choice. Any particular reason you’d like that name?”

And so she sat there with baby Jasmine on her breast, and told him the whole story. Despite the years that had passed since Jasmine’s crucifixion, the tears she wept were bitter. Aelius himself had no love for the Proconsul, he remembered how the Proconsul had tried to palm off his ugly daughter onto him using some poxy villa as dowry, how he’d been rescued in the nick of time by the lovely Cassia, an heiress in her own right, who had swept him off his feet.

The Proconsul was clearly utterly corrupt, and his fate was sealed.

No-one knew how it came to be there, but his naked body was found on the midden heap barely a week after Jasmine was born. There was evidence of torture, including nail wounds in his wrists and heels.

Equally unaccountably, at exactly that time, the Carnifex and his two assistants found themselves with the wherewithal to be able to retire in some comfort to the popular and well-known coastal town of Herculaneum. They were pleased to have performed their last crucifixion.

And at least the Carnifex didn’t end up on a midden heap.

View attachment 408098

THE END
Cassia was good on her word to have her revenge, good for her. It was satisfying to see the Proconsul end up naked on the midden heap:), karma is a bitch:D
A classic tale Sir Wragg, very well written my friend:clapping:
This round is on me!
:beer:

Part 13: Aelius

Aelius, the Senator, did not in fact move into Calphurnus’ old house with his new bride. He already had a perfectly comfortable villa, and Calphurnus’ relatively modest place was of no interest to him. His new wife was a delight to him, however, perfect in every way – a perfect hostess, a perfect manager of the house and slaves, a perfect ‘trophy’ wife to show off at the endless social events which he had to attend, and (best of all) she drove him wild with passion in bed. Aelius was truly the happiest man in the empire.

She quickly bore him a strong, healthy son, also named Aelius. Then Aelius the elder, now that he had an heir, was pleased to be able to industriously engage in the process of producing a spare.

Nine months later, he became the proud father, not of another son, but of a beautiful baby daughter.

“She is lovely!” he declared, the proudest of fathers. “Oh, look! She has your eyes! I’m sure she will grow up to be as beautiful as you are! Have you thought of a name for her?”

“I have, my dear,” replied Cassia. “I would like to call her ‘Jasmine.’”

He thought about it. “Yes, I like it. Good choice. Any particular reason you’d like that name?”

And so she sat there with baby Jasmine on her breast, and told him the whole story. Despite the years that had passed since Jasmine’s crucifixion, the tears she wept were bitter. Aelius himself had no love for the Proconsul, he remembered how the Proconsul had tried to palm off his ugly daughter onto him using some poxy villa as dowry, how he’d been rescued in the nick of time by the lovely Cassia, an heiress in her own right, who had swept him off his feet.

The Proconsul was clearly utterly corrupt, and his fate was sealed.

No-one knew how it came to be there, but his naked body was found on the midden heap barely a week after Jasmine was born. There was evidence of torture, including nail wounds in his wrists and heels.

Equally unaccountably, at exactly that time, the Carnifex and his two assistants found themselves with the wherewithal to be able to retire in some comfort to the popular and well-known coastal town of Herculaneum. They were pleased to have performed their last crucifixion.

And at least the Carnifex didn’t end up on a midden heap.

View attachment 408098

THE END

Lord W

Superb! :beer: :beer:

Top Cat

And there was I wondering about Belgian Nationality, what with Brexit and all :doh:

You just like chocolate and Tintin.
In fact, those are probably the criteria for Belgian nationality :)

Thanks Wragg, and Repertor for this. It appears you finished it while I was away on my trip, and I have the same problem with alerts that Barb has - there aren't any for watched threads it seems. Anyway, I found this again today.

You seem to have taken what could have been an0ther fairly standard Roman crux story and breathed new life, horror, tragedy, romance, and emotion into it. There were lovely little moments, poignant reminders of the girls' humanity (never needing the dresses again), and a nice twist at the end, with Cassia marrying the good Senator (who turns out to have been a total vicious bastard, in the best way possible, as well as a doting father and husband).

Splendid all around. I'm still shaking from the last two sections.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:
GoldPalm.jpg
:beer::beer::beer:

Thanks Wragg, and Repertor for this. It appears you finished it while I was away on my trip, and I have the same problem with alerts that Barb has - there aren't any for watched threads it seems. Anyway, I found this again today.

You seem to have taken what could have been an0ther fairly standard Roman crux story and breathed new life, horror, tragedy, romance, and emotion into it. There were lovely little moments, poignant reminders of the girls' humanity (never needing the dresses again), and a nice twist at the end, with Cassia marrying the good Senator (who turns out to have been a total vicious bastard, in the best way possible, as well as a doting father and husband).

Splendid all around. I'm still shaking from the last two sections.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:
View attachment 416324
:beer::beer::beer:
Aww, thanks, Jollyrei, Jasmine was an important story for me, I'm really glad you liked it. :)

The nail tore through the bones in her wrist. Nothing could have prepared her for such pain. Bones and ligaments shattered as the metal of the nail passed through. She felt the repeated shocks of the hammer, and she screamed and screamed and screamed. “PLEASE! NO! STOP! I MADE A MISTAKE! STOP! NOOOO!! AAARGHRGH!”

View attachment 365007
LOVE this view! Very nice scene and detail! Keep up the good work!! More like this series please!!!

LOVE this view! Very nice scene and detail! Keep up the good work!! More like this series please!!!
Sadly Repertor, who produced these splendid images, hasn't been about since before Christmas. :(

We all hope he's ok.

Back
Top Bottom